Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Everything Bonjovi

• 10-08-2015 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Big fan of the lads kind of hoping there is a few more fans out there to talk of upcoming albums favourite songs and general chit-chat about the band

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

New Bonjovi music sounds pretty cool it's a vault album taken from 2000-2013 nice little teaser till the official new music is released in early 2016

Bon Jovi - We Don’t Run (Lyric Video):

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

is richie going to join back for a tour in 2016 ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    is richie going to join back for a tour in 2016 ??

I don't think so he's pretty set on doing his own thing with his latest squeeze orlaith I'd love if he came back he's one of the best guitarist in the world but I reckon it might take alot for Jon tico and Bryan to accept him back aswell after leaving half way through the last tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I love Bonjovi. Jon has such a great voice. Good to hear there's some new music on the way.

I love Bonjovi. Jon has such a great voice. Good to hear there's some new music on the way.

Same here I'm over the moon that there's new material on the way hopefully we'll get the old Bonjovi back in the new album with a mix of fast and slow type music

• Advertisement

Irish date next summer would be good. Love a 3arena gig

2016 world tour in the pipeline. what irish dates will be played ???.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭chainsmoker556

I'll be there for you, these five words I swear to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eeeeeeeeeeeee

Best singer imo

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Murphy's law says the 2016 dates will be when I'm away! Always happens!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Good luck getting tix for this, can't post link
    Runaway tours doing JBJ solo private acoustic storyteller gig in Academy 22 July, package 1900 bucks a pop. Can't find any GA tix yet

http://www.runawaytours.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=9

was in the golden circle for the Rds shows in 2011 and thats as close as i want not paying 1000 euro for a show and a trip to the guiness storehouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That'd be some show, up close & personal, acoustic, & small crowd...a man can dream :o

New single 'this house is not for sale' out friday followed by an album with the same title. First without with Richie Sambora

Imagine an Irish date in 2017.

New single is catchy enough

Am loving the new tune its catchy and good vibe of music in it. Kind of disappointed in the title tho "this house is not for sale" fair enough its meaning is spot on but its kind of cringy when the camera focuses on Jon and he says the words. Can't fault the rest of the song its strong and great music to back it up also disappointed in it sticking to the same formula. I still think if they went back to the these days kinda of material it would tear it up in the category of music out today an album way before its time never got the recognition it deserves I'd even go as far as saying it was their best music they've ever done

World tour in 2017 ???

Irish dates in Marlay Park or the RDS I imagine

First full world tour without Richie

url]http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bon-jovi-2017-tour/[/url]

So Europe in the summer is a huge possibility

Rds, Marley or Aviva date here I reckon. Indoor date in the 3arena would be unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 5 July_happygirl

I'm a big fan!
    Always have several their hits on my phone: 'It's my life', 'Keep the faith', 'Living on a prayer', 'Have a nice day'.

its offical Bon Jovi are entering the Rock N Roll hall of fame in Apr 2018 well deserved

Will Richie go too the ceremony and maybe the start of a reunion ???

• Advertisement

Guys went into the Rock n roll HOF last night

Richie was there and performed with them for the whole set

Reunion tour incoming ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Reunion tour incoming ??

If slash and axl can get back touring i cant see why thet cant but onething for sure was highlighted during the setlist was how much richies vocals are missing from the bon jovi sound

Reunion tour incoming ??

Just caught up on a few YouTube vids from the night hadn't realised Alec took the stage too, as big a deal as Richie plsying considering he totally disappeared from public life. Definitely reckon we'll see them all back on stage mebbe not for a few years tho.

so Irish date for 2019 incoming

last week rumours its going to be Croke Park but i think it will be the RDS or somewhere smaller

so Irish date for 2019 incoming

last week rumours its going to be Croke Park but i think it will be the RDS or somewhere smaller

Yep RDS Saturday 15 June 2019 tix on sale Thurs 8 Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Farty88 wrote: »
    I still think if they went back to the these days kinda of material it would tear it up in the category of music out today an album way before its time never got the recognition it deserves I'd even go as far as saying it was their best music they've ever done

Couldn't agree more. For me, "These Days" is in my top 5 albums of all time, it's absolutely stunning, and really captures that 'broken heart' mood so well. I'm not hugely into their early stuff (with the exception of classics like Runaway et al), and I'm not big into their current stuff...I think the most recent song of theirs I listened to more than a few times is Make a Memory. Jon's singing, Richie's playing, the band just absolutely nailed everything, as they usually always do.

So while I'm not a die hard fan, I am a huge fan of their middle era stuff. As a result, I don't tend to listen to them unless it's when I choose to, I don't watch current videos, and don't stay up to date with them.

Imagine my horror then, when I see this the other day...

I've two trains of thought on this:

1) It's unrealistic to expect any band to sound as good in their later days, as they did in their younger days - especially more so rock bands like Bon Jovi. Usually the strain of pushing vocals in rock music (combined with lack of training, relying on raw talent) takes it toll after the decades. See Axl Rose as an example.

2) Holy ****...talk about being shot through the heart. It's so sad looking at Jon trying to sing now, two hands up to the mic, whispering through the words, hoping he'll hit a note, he looks as if he's almost in physical pain at times :( He's off key, off time sometimes because he has to twist words to pronounce them, and the overall presentation is pitiable as a result. The whole band are now carrying him, you can hear this more so when you listen with headphones on. I wouldn't ever berate him, but man its sad to look at.

I thought he'd be able to sing forever because he was never evidently into the drug scene, always looked after himself, sang hard but within his capabilities...but for me, this seems to have happened overnight (while in reality it's like this a few years I gather). They can continue to tour like this, will continue to fill venues, and make tons of money, but from this internet posters perspective, its time to hang up the guitars and mics folks :(

This is where Bon Jovi lives on now, in the past. The difference twenty years makes...

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Anybody got a price list for the show in the rds

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Anybody got a price list for the show in the rds

Can't say I'll be rushing to see them live again. 2019 in the RDS was bang average

Jon's voice is getting bet and with no Richie is all very meh

No doubt Bon Jovi could get into the 'farewell tour' racket

• Advertisement
Advertisement