Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is a house re-possessed by the bank sold

• 25-02-2011 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Are there specific auctioneers dealing with the above.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭pancakes rule

Probably varies from area to area, but probably through a large estate agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Your a horrid person...:) I thought the same and i was told i am awful :D

Apparently they hand it over to an estate agent. The estate agent does not get the lowest price but the market price. The only difference is usually the house has been empty so there is no waiting to move in etc. The sad side is there is usually a fair bit of work to be done as upkeep becomes a problem for the previous owners due to no funds.

Just phone any of the big agants and ask them have they been asked to sell any houses for banks... Be blunt. Tell them you have little money and are hopeing for a good bargin.

Just be careful though. a lot of repossisions have legal letters arrive for months after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Not sure where you are based OP but I know Sherry Fitz are handling all of these sales for Ulster Bank in Galway. It maybe the same case nationwide for UB & SF at least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

normally the bank get the valuer that originally valued it in the first place

Advertisement