Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Marriage of Convenience Interview

Options
  • 17-07-2019 7:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

My fiancé and I will be attending our MOC interview next month. I'm Irish and she is a foreign national. We have been together for many years but I still worry about what type of questions might be asked on the day. If someone has attended one of these interviews, I would greatly appreciate hearing some of the questions that you were asked.

Thanks

THP
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I haven’t had to do one of these as my wife is Irish do our interview was fairly standard but honestly if you’ve been together a while I wouldn’t worry. They see piles of mixed nationality marriages and unless their suspicions are piqued you’ll be fine. They’re not trying to catch real relationships out. Presumably you’ve photos and stories from dating and the last few years of living together etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Timmy_the_dog

Hi OP,

Myself and my partner had our MOC interview last month and it was grand. The first thing they do is go through all your documents..make sure you have everything you need & copies! This takes about maybe 20 mins. Our individual interviews were about 10-15mins each. Some of the questions we were asked;

-When & where did you first meet?
    -How many languages does you partner speak & name them?
    -How many siblings & where do they live?
    -What do you like to do together as a couple?
    -Have you or your partner been paid for this marriage?

I can't remember the other ones but I'll post again if they come back to me. It's basically like a game of mr & mrs/ mrs & mrs / mr & mr. I would say though just answer the question that your asked and try not to spiral off...my partner kept doing this and the interviewer wasn't too pleased.

After the interviews we both waited to be called back in, about 10 mins, and he gave us the permission to marry. Then he talked us through the legalities of marriage, makes sure you're not related etc.

Hope this helps. You'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 newbraces

Hi, I have the MOC coming up soon and just wondering if any of you remember all the questions asked? Im surprised because they said on the phone it’s an hour and a half interview - questioned together and then separately.

Advertisement