Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

North or South Italy for honeymoon?

Options
  • 24-04-2019 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hey guys, getting married in August this year and are thinking of heading to Italy for 10 days after. We're undecided whether to head to Cinque Terra / Tuscany region or go down south to the Amalfi Coast. Not planning on doing a huge amount but looking for any opinions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Between those two options Amalfi Coast though Tuscany is fine choice too. Really depends on what you like to do. Amalfi Coast would be more relaxed with occasional day trips to Pompeii or isle of Capri while obviously Tuscany has much more man-made sights to see

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Positano is beautiful. All around that area in general is very scenic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 SallyGreen

I was in Naples and Capri with my boyfriend. It was one of the most romantic trips ever. That's why I'll vote for South.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I would do both, spend 5 days in each. We travelled around Italy for our honeymoon and it was amazing. The train systems are brilliant, so we used them to travel around. Tuscany is amazing but the Amalfi coast is just stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marieky21

I would definitely recommend the south sorrento, great choice of day trips to Capri, Pompeii, and the Amalfi coast. Views are spectacular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

Thanks for the replies everyone, think we were leaning towards the south so great to hear all the positive reviews. Must get planning 😠Any must do's apart from the obvious attractions?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

While the Amalfi coast is beautiful, its going to be rammed in August. Its a very on trend destination right now. We went last June and it was still busier than we'd have liked.

Capri especially is extremely busy/popular. My OH hated it, said it was nothing but posers, designer shops and overpriced cafes. Its a beautiful place but just be prepared to be in the midst of throngs of people.

Don't suppose you could delay your trip until September?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Cinque Terre is ridiculously busy in August. Queues for everything... from shops to public transport to restaurants.

Further north is the liguarian region which is absolutely stunning and not as busy. I've stayed near Diano Marina before (go into the hills above it and you get the views and a bit of a breeze!!).

Google "apricale"...Voted one of the most beautiful villages in Italy. You park outside it and can only walk inside the narrow streets. So peaceful and I couldn't recommend it highly enough!!

Advertisement