Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The only house receiving dirty water in group water scheme

• 13-04-2021 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi, My house is the last house on the line of a small group water scheme. The water has been discoloured for some weeks now, no one else on the scheme has any issues. We have run off the water for several hours, but it is still discoloured. How could this be - only one house on the scheme getting discoloured water? Could there be a leak in the pipe close to my house which is letting dirt in?
    Thanks in advance for any advice or comments.
    Regards
    DM

Comments

Get it tested to see what kind of material is in the water.

It should also be possible to check the pressure to detect a leak in the network. Newer group schemes have this capability, not sure about older ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭demello

Thanks for the reply. I was quoted by a lab in Galway 400 Euro to test the water ! Does anyone know of a lab that would do it cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

demello wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I was quoted by a lab in Galway 400 Euro to test the water ! Does anyone know of a lab that would do it cheaper?

Did ye ask Galway city or county council? Should be cheaper.

Advertisement