Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Masters Swimming Training sessions Dublin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭PBPumpkin

Best advice is to go along & see if it suits you.
    That's how alot of the Wednesday & Friday session swimmers started.
    You may find it difficult at first, but after a couple of weeks you'll be amazed at progress made.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭rokossovsky

PBPumpkin wrote: »
    You need to be a member of a club for the sea swims though?

check out www. nacmasters.com

masters sessions thrice weekly. Galas, sea swims

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

wazupm8 wrote: »
    Tallaght masters offer 4 sessions per week.

M-5:45am-7:15pm (3-4k)
    W-5:45am-7:15pm (3-4k)
    Sat-6:30pm-7:30pm (2-2.5k)
    Sun-8:00am-9:30am (3-4k)

Sessions take place in Tallaght Community School pool (to rear of Nat. Basketball Area), 5 mins from m50.

All swimmers welcome, €5 pay as you go. There are 5 lanes catering for all levels from beginers upto ex-swimmers.
    Are those monday and wednesday swims at 5:45am or 5:45pm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭pc11

What are these sessions like? Is there any coaching? Do people just swim lots of laps, or intervals, drills etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wazupm8

pc11 wrote: »
    What are these sessions like? Is there any coaching? Do people just swim lots of laps, or intervals, drills etc?

Sessions range from 50's - 800's at varying intervals, typically 1:30-2:00 per 100m depending on lane. All sessions are coached & swim mix includes drills & kick - come along for a session to experience it yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 wazupm8

Unpossible wrote: »
    Are those monday and wednesday swims at 5:45am or 5:45pm ?

As stated, 5:45am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Is there any of these or clubs in or near the Maynooth area?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

silvine wrote: »
    Is there any of these or clubs in or near the Maynooth area?

Nearest I know of to Maynooth is probably Viking. They train in the Stewards hospital pool in Palmerstown Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 5:45 - 7:15 am(I think) and Saturdays.

NUIM would probably have a club as well, though, not sure if you can join without being a student.

Phoenix are based in Clondalkin I think as well? Palmerstown isn't too far from Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ridertothesea_

Can anyone recommend a masters swimming club in south county dublin? A number of the clubs have swims at the ungodly hour of 7am. I'm not training for the olympics here. IS there any club that operates a more convenient hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭meemeep

http://www.glenalbynmasters.com/ in stillorgan. Still early but the website mentions other swims. considering getting back to serious swimming myself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

Dublin swimming club are doing a masters now down in Rathmines....Think I have the flyer there somewhere....Yup here it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

I think Rathmines timetable has changes for latest term, see attached new session timetable:

http://www.swanleisure.ie/documents/swimming_timetable.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3 msoutopico

Hi guys,

I would be interested in having more information about the club in Markevicz. Could somebody provide a website, an email or a phone number? Or at least the precise name of the pool...

Cheers, Manuel

Hi guys,

I would be interested in having more information about the club in Markevicz. Could somebody provide a website, an email or a phone number? Or at least the precise name of the pool...

Cheers, Manuel

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Finelli

msoutopico wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Cheers, Manuel

Markevicz pool in on Townsend Street in Dublin 2, across from the fire station.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭valerie

Does anyone know anything about the masters in UCD?

Thanks a lot, guys. The info about the pool is nice, now that I know the address I'll drop by and perhaps I might find someone from the swimming club.

Cheers, Manuel

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mermaria

Hi all,

The Swimming Club in Maverick pool is Atlantis SC. http://www.atlantissc.org/training-schedule

Hope this help

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Freddio

valerie wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about the masters in UCD?

I don't know if there are other Clubs throughout the week, but Dublin Swimming Club train there Sunday mornings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Mermaria

Freddio wrote: »
    I don't know if there are other Clubs throughout the week, but Dublin Swimming Club train there Sunday mornings.

Hehe sweeping to home ... eh?

Valerie, on Sundays Wicklow SC and Dublin SC are at the same time side by side and they aren't masters exclusively, some teens are there as well.

Another option is Belpark Tri Club (only adults), they've same early lanes during the week, Mondays and Fridays, I think :confused: check it on its web site.

Hope helps

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭,mnb

Do the group still swim in the Carlisle at 1800 hours for an hour (they organise themselves with Bert). What days do they do it. Ive been swimming in Templeogue and they are fantastic but 2030 hours is quite late. If you could post on here or pm would be great. I swim 100s on about 155 including rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

^^ Yup, Monday to Thursday @ 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

gunna bump this thread, I'm living in whitehall, trying to find a club that suits my needs!!
    can only seem to find clubs training twice weekly locally meaning il have to join two weeks to train more often :(

Anybody have info on Aer lingus masters in alsaa? or anything close to that vicinity :/

at a wits end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Freddio

http://www.almastersswimming.com/

They do training in the nac too

Advertisement