Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos RIP thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Jayprey

Saw someone walking out of Argos today with a PS5 console. Anyone know if they have them back in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

Sorry got warned on the bargain thread - the DJI osmo looks to be the older model so probably not as big a bargain as it looks. Just in case someone is considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Anybody successfully ordered wash machine/fridge from Argos this morning? I'm sure it's a waste of time, nice trick for April Fool's day though.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

Canonfan wrote: »
    Anybody successfully ordered wash machine/fridge from Argos this morning? I'm sure it's a waste of time, nice trick for April Fool's day though.

Welll done Argos Ireland, you have beaten Argos UK for 1st Apr :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

you2008 wrote: »
    Welll done Argos Ireland, you have beaten Argos UK for 1st Apr :D

So, is that a No then? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Yes, payment processed and order confirmed, if it is a prank it's a good one, they're really seeing it through - wonder if it's a full size box with a model in it or something lol.

BTW I'm waiting for the refund notice but it's going on a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Just got confirmation of an order for a dishwasher and fridge freezer.
    Great April fools if that's the case....

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Payment gone through but the processing order page hasn't completed and I've no email from them yet. Prices all removed from the fridges as far as I can see, presumably to stop people buying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Cant reserve anymore - I hope ye are all lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

No confirmation email so whatever chance the others have, mine is pretty much 0 with no confirmation but they did take the payment... Might email later and try push it

• Advertisement

Just noticed money refunded, kinda saw it coming, now hopefully a €20 voucher from Argos for a morning's work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Just noticed money refunded, kinda saw it coming, now hopefully a €20 voucher from Argos for a morning's work.

Sue, sue!!

Ah well, was fun while it lasted lol, did they email? Haven’t got anything yet.

bladespin wrote: »
    Sue, sue!!

Ah well, was fun while it lasted lol, did they email? Haven’t got anything yet.

Only order confirmation email, still no cancellation email. Argos' online ordering system is so primitive, i doubt they will give any explaination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just got a text confirming the cancellation due to a pricing error.

rizzla wrote: »
    Just got a text confirming the cancellation due to a pricing error.

me too :D 2 firdges 2 wash machines 2 dishwashers gone ......... well done Argos on 1st Apr -LOL

me too :D 2 firdges 2 wash machines 2 dishwashers gone ......... well done Argos on 1st Apr -LOL

Do they even fit in your flat? :D

This is the email address if anyone willing to say something: order.enquiries@argos.ie

Do they even fit in your flat? :D

This is the email address if anyone willing to say something: order.enquiries@argos.ie

Who said was for me :D adverts.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Who said was for me :D adverts.ie ?

First bid then €10 each.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Looking to purchase a Casio watch but all them seem to be out of stock. Anybody know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

Looking to purchase a Casio watch but all them seem to be out of stock. Anybody know why?

They might class them as non essential items ...so they are not available to buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

are they delivering? want to buy a lawnmower....will it come from the uk or ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Still listing new video games at much lower prices than other shops but not stocking much of them if any at all. Hopefully they will start to restock in a couple of weeks when reopening begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

fryup wrote: »
    are they delivering? want to buy a lawnmower....will it come from the uk or ireland?

Buy elsewhere or wait until you can pick it up in store. Your grass will be 6ft high before it's delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Pricescanner.ie argos page not updating for the last 3 days now Friday was the last active update

• Registered Users Posts: 14,730 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

fryup wrote: »

I ordered a lawnmower in February, took about a week to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Pricescanner.ie argos page not updating for the last 3 days now Friday was the last active update

working again....

littlewoods is back, argos isn't (yet) - i pm'ed maxiiim about it yesterday....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

argos working again on pricescanner...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

Anyone having trouble buying items for home delivery today? I used two different cards and got errors both times, now have pending transactions on those two accounts that'll take a week to free up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Their weights/fitness equipment is all out of stock for some reason. Anybody any idea why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Passenger wrote: »
    Their weights/fitness equipment is all out of stock for some reason. Anybody any idea why?

The pandemic surged demand for gym equipment over night , not just for Argos for any business selling that kind of equipment.

If you have a Particular item you want you can ask in store or ring and they may be able to give you an idea of a date of when it will come into stock.

Few items I wanted I asked a few weeks back and was told they had no dates yet

Advertisement