Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sonoff WiFi Plug - €7.24 (using code) [Dressily]

Comments

frash wrote: »
    Was about to come on here & post as they weren't working last night with Alexa but glad it seems to be working now.
    Will try it when home.

Also my phone (huawei P20) started giving out about ewelink using too much battery - anyone else see this?

Same message on the Note 9. I have to click on the notification and kill the app. I don't think it is actually draining that much battery, but the notification is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

I had noticed my Moto G4 battery life seemed much shorter since I got the Sonoffs and installed ewelink. I might remove it.

If I remove the app then do I also lose my schedules for the lights connected to the Sonoffs?

I can't see anyway of setting up schedules in the Google Home app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Kalyke

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Mine seems to have stopped working with Google home for some reason. Didn't change anything. I've tried relinking the sonoff account but same issue. Anyone got any ideas? I can see it in Google home app and control it through sonoff app but can't control it in Google app or through home mini
    The eWelink App was updated yesterday, maybe this caused it?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

These things take ages to get delivered from Dressily - ordered 17/10 and no sign yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Kalyke wrote: »
    The eWelink App was updated yesterday, maybe this caused it?

Yeah I was actually thinking of uninstalling my update, but then it had sorted itself when I awoke anyway.

The update had to have had something to do with the issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

Mine back working again. I have been having slight problems where I have to ask Google home 2 or 3 times, it says something like "there was an error for the lights" but works eventually.

Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

davo2001 wrote: »
    Any decent prices for one of these going? The code in the OP is no longer working and with shipping it works out at €16

Just noticed new code today

DLUKG88

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Knockieranlady

christy c wrote: »
    Mine back working again. I have been having slight problems where I have to ask Google home 2 or 3 times, it says something like "there was an error for the lights" but works eventually.

Anyone else have this?

Same problem with amazon echo, sometimes have to ask 3 times before it works lately

These things take ages to get delivered from Dressily - ordered 17/10 and no sign yet

received today:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

When they do arrive its like a great surprise when you have forgotten you ordered them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have 2 plugs, one working away fine but the other stopped working and was showing as offline in the ewelink app. So I deleted it and when I go to set it up again it just says 'Only supports 2.4G WiFi'. Logged into my Virgin router and it says it's broadcasting 2.4 and 5GHz as I would expect

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I have 2 plugs, one working away fine but the other stopped working and was showing as offline in the ewelink app. So I deleted it and when I go to set it up again it just says 'Only supports 2.4G WiFi'. Logged into my Virgin router and it says it's broadcasting 2.4 and 5GHz as I would expect

What can happen is that it is only seeing the 5Ghz network (even though the 2.4 is transmitting). I created a separate 2.4Ghz smart network in the house and have all my 2.4Ghz products running off this (Nest, IP cameras, Smart Plugs).

Same problem with amazon echo, sometimes have to ask 3 times before it works lately

Yeah, exactly. I wonder would more expensive ones work better?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah, exactly. I wonder would more expensive ones work better?

Nope.

Sonoff (ITEAD)'s server infrastructure has some outage or issue every 2nd day lately. Lots of problems. There is such a thing as too cheap and it seems they're very much skimping on AWS instances to back up what they're selling.

I wouldn't recommend any of their products unless you tend to flash custom firmware and run your own controller on a server or raspberry pi at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kungfual

Is there anyone that can flash these and some switches for me? for a fee obvs
    Not confident on the soldering and the tasota doesn't work anymore.
    Dublin area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Is the latest discount code still working for people (the one from Hotdeal UK ) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,574 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ED E wrote: »
    Nope.

Sonoff (ITEAD)'s server infrastructure has some outage or issue every 2nd day lately. Lots of problems. There is such a thing as too cheap and it seems they're very much skimping on AWS instances to back up what they're selling.

I wouldn't recommend any of their products unless you tend to flash custom firmware and run your own controller on a server or raspberry pi at this point.

Just to be clear ,ive never had a single outage on mine. The notion they have an outage every second day is a lie. If it was then i would definitely have experienced it.

This poster has stated this same 'fact' on another thread with little to back it up other than opinion.

Ive had no problems with mine, ive light switches wired with neutrals ive lamps with inline switches and have the heating controlled by one too.

Not a problem, would have no problem recommending the gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ordered one yesterday, and they've just refunded my order through PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

lowelife wrote: »
    Just noticed new code today

DLUKG88

Code not working for me (even though its still on Hotukdeals).

Error,this promotion code has expired, for 270637301

listermint wrote: »
    Just to be clear ,ive never had a single outage on mine. The notion they have an outage every second day is a lie. If it was then i would definitely have experienced it.

This poster has stated this same 'fact' on another thread with little to back it up other than opinion.

Ive had no problems with mine, ive light switches wired with neutrals ive lamps with inline switches and have the heating controlled by one too.

Same here :D

• Advertisement

Are you using that through Google home/Alexa? It often takes a couple of tries for me with Google home but works through the app ok

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have a look on the Sonoff facebook group. They operate three regions so not all will impact you. The latest one was 3rd party integration so the app would function but GHome/Alexa etc couldnt send commands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Is it possible to use the plug as a dimmer for salt lamp? Or more accurately as a wake up lamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I've also never had an issue except for the other day.

Can I ask about the light switches powered by neutral, do they work with our quirky wiring? Think my house was built around 95. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just to follow up on how I resolved this for anyone who comes across same issue. I have a virgin wifi hub and it broadcasts 2.4 and 5GHz on a single wifi point, you can't set it up to have separate channels. The device I was using to try set up the plug through the ewelink app was using the 5GHz channel which is why I was getting the error. I found an old android tablet which is getting wifi via 2.4GHz and that worked fine for setting it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Has anyone a new discount code to buy these ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Thomyokk

PayPal refunded me over £30 for 1 that didn't arrive,lol

Just to follow up on how I resolved this for anyone who comes across same issue. I have a virgin wifi hub and it broadcasts 2.4 and 5GHz on a single wifi point, you can't set it up to have separate channels. The device I was using to try set up the plug through the ewelink app was using the 5GHz channel which is why I was getting the error. I found an old android tablet which is getting wifi via 2.4GHz and that worked fine for setting it up

I had the same issue with my Netatmo relay earlier in the year which was dropping wifi until I changed to the 2.4GHz channel.

Are you using that through Google home/Alexa? It often takes a couple of tries for me with Google home but works through the app ok

I am using it through Google home and Google assistant yes.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Have a look on the Sonoff facebook group. They operate three regions so not all will impact you. The latest one was 3rd party integration so the app would function but GHome/Alexa etc couldnt send commands.

I don't follow Facebook rarely use it. I'm talking from experience and I've had zero problems with mine it's in use on multiple rooms in my home.

Facebook is for angry people

Advertisement