Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monks Alley, Dublin: Where was it?

• 21-09-2019 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been doing some family genealogical research lately and found on a marriage cert of a great grandparent that he was living on Monks Alley Dublin at the time in 1872. Can anyone suggest a good way to find out exactly where that was

It doesn't exist any more and the only references I can find to it are from Dublin Court of Exchequers possession orders in 1770s. Link below.

http://catalogue.nli.ie/Record/vtls000280393

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭ath262

is the marriage you're interested in between Patrick Morgan and Annie Higgins ?

I think the groom's address on the church record has been mis-transcribed, on the register image and civil record it looks more like Mark's Alley which makes sense for a St. Andrews marriage.

full name was St. Mark's Alley East which was located between Mark's Lane and Townsend Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

ath262 wrote: »
    is the marriage you're interested in between Patrick Morgan and Annie Higgins ?

I think the groom's address on the church record has been mis-transcribed, on the register image and civil record it looks more like Mark's Alley which makes sense for a St. Andrews marriage.

full name was St. Mark's Alley East which was located between Mark's Lane and Townsend Street.

Fantastic, thank you for your help!

Advertisement