Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Really enjoyed the latest series of Top Boy but had to watch it with sub titles.

Wah gwaan, fam?

Itz coz of thoze tings innit bruv .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

El Duda wrote: »
    Guy in my office with awful taste just recommend that Tall Grass film.

I assume its awful?

My wife threatened divorce after I made her watch it. It's a confusing mess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,290 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Kingp35 wrote: »
    My wife threatened divorce after I made her watch it. It's a confusing mess.

Handy to know!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭munster87

Alot of decent episodes in the 'Inside No. 9' series. They are all standalone episodes. Created by Steve Pemberton and Reece Shearsmith, known mainly for 'The League of Gentlemen', a show I never got into watching myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I liked "In the tall grass" Stephen King story and I'm watching "in the shadow of the moon" right now and it's pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I liked "In the tall grass" Stephen King story and I'm watching "in the shadow of the moon" right now and it's pretty good

~I watched in the tall grass last night, I enjoyed it..... very weird

• Registered Users Posts: 54,571 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone any info on Derry Girls season 2..

Netflix Ireland/Europe don’t have it??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

walshb wrote: »
    Anyone any info on Derry Girls season 2..

Netflix Ireland/Europe don’t have it??

It's on All 4.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Toy Boy is very good.

Thanks to those who recommended it.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

onto season 2 of the glitch now.... god i am really liking it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Hoboo

fin12 wrote: »
    I really think that big mouth show is disgusting, it’s like they are constantly trying to come up with the most vulgar thing to say/do. Gave up mid way through season 2.

Just when it was getting really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Hoboo wrote: »
    Just when it was getting really good.

I genuinely think Big Mouth is not only one of the funniest shows on Netflix but also one of the cleverest in the way that it handles issues like sexuality and teenager insecurities and relationships. It's not a deep dive drama like Euphoria (I've not seen it but I've heard it's excellent) but it doesn't shy away from them and neither does it make fun of them, certainly not in a malicious way. Just the idea of personifying hormones and shame, I f*cking love it. And some great guest appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Rhythm + Flow season 1
    In this music competition show, judges Tip "T.I." Harris, Cardi B and Chance the Rapper hit the streets to find the next rap superstar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I genuinely think Big Mouth is not only one of the funniest shows on Netflix but also one of the cleverest in the way that it handles issues like sexuality and teenager insecurities and relationships. It's not a deep dive drama like Euphoria (I've not seen it but I've heard it's excellent) but it doesn't shy away from them and neither does it make fun of them, certainly not in a malicious way. Just the idea of personifying hormones and shame, I f*cking love it. And some great guest appearances.

I think its hilarious, the Hormone monster cracks me up.

I, and I'm sure a lot of other people, could have done with those themes being included in tv shows when I was growing up. I think it's very positive for young people.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Lefty2Guns

fin12 wrote: »
    Toy Boy is very good.

Thanks to those who recommended it.

You should try catch the original two series' by the BBC or Channel 4. It was on Netflix before too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Lefty2Guns wrote: »
    You should try catch the original two series' by the BBC or Channel 4. It was on Netflix before too.

Still on Netflix. Called Top Boy Summerhouse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Lefty2Guns wrote: »

It still is.

Top Boy: Summerhouse.

24 hour breaking bad movie warning

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

peteeeed wrote: »
    Working all day tomorrow and at a gig tomorrow night.. gonna have to avoid social media! :(

Once Upon a Time in (not hollywood)London
    Organized crime came to London in the 1930s, ushering in three decades ruled by two legendary gangsters whose legacy outlived their reign.

GEN HOSHINO STADIUM TOUR “POP VIRUS”
    Singer-songwriter Gen Hoshino takes the stage at the sold out Tokyo Dome in his highly anticipated 2019 Pop Virus dome tour

Riverdale: Season 4

Ultramarine Magmell season 1
    Decades after the sudden birth of a new continent, a young rescuer-for-hire provides aid to adventurers exploring this dangerous, uncharted world.

added today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Rotten
    Season 1 and Season 2

Very good series of documentaries about the food industry

Lets just say that I will be paying the few extra quid to buy Irish Honey in the future, none of that Non EU Blended honey for me anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

peteeeed wrote: »

I'd assume its out in the morning ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I'd assume its out in the morning ?

8 am.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    8 am.

yeah i think it ties in with midnight on the west coast of america

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaws added there this morning for anyone not interested in Breaking Bad :)

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie
    Fugitive Jesse Pinkman attempts to outrun his past. Written and directed by "Breaking Bad" creator Vince Gilligan, starring Aaron Paul.

Fractured
    After his wife and injured daughter disappear from an ER, a man conducts a panicked search and becomes convinced the hospital is hiding something.

Insatiable: Season 2
    Netflix’s controversial series, created by Lauren Gussis, stars Debby Ryan as Patty, a woman who has been bullied, ignored, and underestimated for years by those around her because of her weight. After finding herself suddenly thin, it sees Patty out for payback against anyone who has ever made her feel bad about herself – helped by Bob Armstrong (Dallas Roberts), a disgraced attorney whose true passion is coaching beauty pageant contestants.

The Influence
    Back in her childhood home to help her sister care for their comatose mother, Alicia must face a dark force from her past that now threatens her child

The Forest of Love
    The latest from Sion Sono (Love Exposure, Tokyo Tribe) premieres on Netflix, as the director serves up a characteristically gruesome and gonzo take on actual historical events.

I Do... Until I Don't
    Desperate to prove her point that marriage is dead, a disillusioned filmmaker gets three disparate couples to discuss their relationships on camera

About Time
    The Grudge 2
    Shrek
    Haunted: Season 2
    The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch
    The Hook Up Plan: Season 2
    YooHoo to the Rescue: Season 2
    Shrek
    Haunted: Season 2
    The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch
    The Hook Up Plan: Season 2
    YooHoo to the Rescue: Season 2
    JAWS as mintioned above is back up
    added today

Jaws added there this morning for anyone not interested in Breaking Bad :)

on RTE 2 tonight too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭tigger123

The Irishman has gotten a good review in today's Irish Times. 3.5 hours though ... my god.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,084 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’ve often been sharply critical of Netflix’s film output - they’ve put out so much absolute junk that it overshadows the good stuff they’ve done. But having seen the superb double whammy of Marriage Story and Uncut Gems (a borderline case, mind, as they’re just distributing it here) in the past few days and have a Breaking Bad movie, a new Sion Sono film and the Irishman to look forward to over the weekend... they’re on a bit of a roll tbh.

Advertisement