Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

X Factor 2011 (UK) - The Last 4 Weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

its turning into a total farce this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭swordofislam

df1985 wrote: »
    its turning into a total farce this year.
    I know!! Bring back Simon right! At least that man cares about the music. It is like without Simon this year is just a soap opera with incidental singing and all of the sudden the X Factor is all about money :mad:.

In all seriousness the X Factor has allowed us to see Gary Barlow and Kelendria's real personalities and it is like the picture of Dorian Gray

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Picture_of_Dorian_Gray (for the Janet Haters)

By the way moved from the prediction thread:

Obviously Rhydian, JLS and Leona have had successful careers as singers.
    Alexandra seems to be doing quite well.
    Eoghan Quigg is in Panto in Northern Ireland.
    Diana Vickers is singing in the West End.
    Jedward are making a living doing something (what exactly?).
    Stacy Solomon is a kid's TV presenter I think.

What other X Factor people are making a living in entertainment?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

It is like without Simon this year is just a soap opera with incidental singing and all of the sudden the X Factor is all about money :mad:.

Seriously? Money is what X Factor has always been all about. Especially where Simon is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Frankie is 18, tell me who has not made mistakes in there lives, everyone deserves a second chance, a lot of people get 3 or 4 chances,

to read the begrudgery on here is laughable, I for one hope he does get his act together and can prove the lot of you wrong,

I just hope it works out for him, you can not win on here, Kitty who did none of the things Frankie did got some bollocking from you lot, its time for yis to look at the people you know who did mess up but when given the chance came good, or chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Frankie is 18, tell me who has not made mistakes in there lives, everyone deserves a second chance, a lot of people get 3 or 4 chances,

to read the begrudgery on here is laughable, I for one hope he does get his act together and can prove the lot of you wrong,

I just hope it works out for him, you can not win on here, Kitty who did none of the things Frankie did got some bollocking from you lot, its time for yis to look at the people you know who did mess up but when given the chance came good, or chances.

Frankie is such a nice chap! I met him at the weekend and he could put the papers to shame! he likes his drinking and what not but to talk to as a person he is lovely.

I also met The Risk... Frankie was by far nicer! Some of those have "head up my ass" syndrome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

1. No matter how together his act gets, he still won't be able to sing. Maybe he will grow out of being a vile obnoxious little twat, but judging by his Father I doubt it.

2. 18 is not that young, he's an adult and should act like one.

3. Most people on the thread were Kitty fans by the end, she won people over because she could sing! (And Louis always works wonders with controversial acts)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Simon is still the man behind the show he is pulling the strings

One Direction's Harry Styles is dating 'The Xtra Factor' presenter Caroline Flack.

The 17-year-old pop star is reportedly smitten with the TV host – who is 15 years his senior – after the pair first shared a kiss at an 'X Factor' party last month and they cemented their relationship with a romantic dinner date at London's St Martin's Lane hotel on Tuesday.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "Caroline and Harry attended a showbiz bash, then went for a meal at the Asia De Cuba restaurant.

"They were clearly enjoying being together and didn't seem to care who saw them. Two other friends joined them while they were eating but it was clear they only had eyes for each other.

"Earlier in the evening, Caroline was in the lobby of the hotel on her phone waiting for Harry to arrive. Later they didn't try to hide the fact that they were jumping in a cab together either."

Last week, Harry's bandmate Louis Tomlinson revealed Harry had a girlfriend but refused to name Caroline, only saying: "Harry's found 'The One' now."

Harry has made no secret of his crush on Caroline, recently revealing he would love to take her on a date to McDonald's although he is worried about competition from her co-presenter Olly Murs.

He said: "Caroline is very nice. I do have a crush on her. If she liked me I'd love to take her out. How about McDonald's?

"Apparently she's seeing Olly Murs so I wouldn't want to share her with Olly."

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Janet looking as happy as ever at the Breaking Dawn premier...

article-0-0ED3EFD500000578-175_634x813.jpg

Jesy from Little Mix REALLY needs to stop with the baggy clothes, she looks great here, nice legs!

article-0-0ED3EB4C00000578-562_634x484.jpg

Biggins wrote: »
    The return of Frankie to tour?

http://www.digitalspy.ie/tv/s103/the-x-factor/news/a351135/x-factor-frankie-cocozza-to-join-show-tour.html

Totally disgraceful if he is allowed go....And then they wonder why the show is going down the tubes when they do this possible turn about rubbish!

"Keep his nose clean" ??? Are they for fcuking real?
    He couldn't even do that IN the house, never mind outside it!

Frankie Cocozza - who was booted out of 'The X Factor' following his drug boasts - will not be part of the show's upcoming live tour, it was announced today.

Axed contestants The Risk, Kitty Brucknell and Johnny Robinson will be in the money as they join remaining finalists on the bill.

Nine acts will take to the road calling at 14 different venues from February to April next year for 'The X Factor' 2012 shows.

Tickets are already on sale for the shows, prior to the announcement of the acts who will be taking part in the tour which begins on February 25 at Manchester's MEN Arena.

Also on the tour are Misha B, Janet Devlin, Marcus Collins, Craig Colton, Little Mix and Amelia Lily.

Little Mix are the first girl group to make it through to the tour.

Misha B said: "Last year I was busking on the streets of Manchester and now to be touring around the UK is just sensational."

Brucknell said: "Being on the tour means everything to me, it's been my dream since I was a little girl to perform somewhere like Wembley or the O2 and now that dream gets to be realised."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Frankie Cocozza - who was booted out of 'The X Factor' following his drug boasts - will not be part of the show's upcoming live tour, it was announced today.

Axed contestants The Risk, Kitty Brucknell and Johnny Robinson will be in the money as they join remaining finalists on the bill.

Nine acts will take to the road calling at 14 different venues from February to April next year for 'The X Factor' 2012 shows.

Tickets are already on sale for the shows, prior to the announcement of the acts who will be taking part in the tour which begins on February 25 at Manchester's MEN Arena.

Also on the tour are Misha B, Janet Devlin, Marcus Collins, Craig Colton, Little Mix and Amelia Lily.

Little Mix are the first girl group to make it through to the tour.

Misha B said: "Last year I was busking on the streets of Manchester and now to be touring around the UK is just sensational."

Brucknell said: "Being on the tour means everything to me, it's been my dream since I was a little girl to perform somewhere like Wembley or the O2 and now that dream gets to be realised."

I read that today on Digital Spy - they refuse to say where that latest update comes from exactly (deliberate so that no one is blamed later for a change of plan?). Who stated this exactly? I tried hard myself to find out but no websites are saying.
    And there's nothing to say that later they won't go ahead early next year and re-introduce him back to the tour as a last minute attraction.
    Some attraction!

All they have done is produce the current list of supposed acts on tour next year.
    As the previous news stated "If he keeps his nose clean there will be a place for him" - wouldn't be the first time in any way a tour has been changed.

Could be related to this:
    Published: Today at 01:09
    FEARS were raised for Frankie Cocozza yesterday after he secretly snorted cocaine ahead of another all-night hotel party.

He also helped down two £400-a-time Belvedere Vodka magnums and £200 worth of Jack Daniel's before partying in a room with model Biannca Lake.

The Sun told yesterday how Frankie was promised a slot on The X Factor tour if he cleaned up his act.
    Instead he headed out on the town with band members of X Factor rejects The Risk.
    A friend said: "Frankie let himself down again. From somewhere he got hold of some coke. He was snorting it secretly behind the backs of his pals."
    There was no suggestion The Risk or Biannca used the drug or even knew of its existence.

In the early hours Frankie and his pals stumbled out of the Aura club — which has a strict zero tolerance on drugs. They returned to their London hotel and despite looking annihilated, Frankie found the energy to romance Biannca.
    They partied all night and emerged from the hotel separately and bleary-eyed at 10am yesterday.

A source said: "Frankie loves the drink and the girls.
    "But the fact he has again taken cocaine will alarm his friends and family."

Oh Frankie!
    What 18 year old guy wants to get drunk with his friends, take drugs and shag models?
    Where did it all go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Anyone see the M&S ad lately?, they have Amelia added into it now and I think Frankies voice is gone out of it completely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Could be related to this:

Ruddy hell - is there no end to this fools antics?
    ...And people want us to possibly feel sorry for him?
    How many chances did he deserve? So far he has far blown them all. Pure idiot.

...And lets be honest - he REALLY couldn't sing anyway.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Oh Frankie!
    What 18 year old guy wants to get drunk with his friends, take drugs and shag models?
    Where did it all go wrong.

When I was 18 I partied pretty hard so o can definitely see his side of being that kind of a tosser BUT if someone offered me my "dream" of playing professional football despite my limited talent and all I had to do was keep my nose clean. If I was 18 or 8 I wouldn't have set foot outside my house.

My thinking is the guy couldn't give a toss and just wants to milk the publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Does anyone else just want to give Amelia a good wash?

amacachi wrote: »
    Does anyone else just want to give Amelia a good wash?
    soapland style body lather? Not cool man she is like fourteen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

She's 17. When does she turn 18 so I can say what I want to do with her? :D I agree that Amelia is very sexy, carries herself well/very likeable personality, amazing voice and has a very high potential of being a pop superstar. I wonder if part of the reason Kelly dropped her and Melanie McCabe for boring boring Janet and Sophie is because of an underlying diva mentality... ie. she doesn't want anyone to upstage her and subconsciously views those girls as a threat.

Anyway on topic:

It was probably due to the whole knowing Amelia was going to get back in before the phone lines were closed. She probably just wanted a bit of attention and publicity and so she'd drop this "bombshell". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

phasers wrote: »
    1. No matter how together his act gets, he still won't be able to sing. Maybe he will grow out of being a vile obnoxious little twat, but judging by his Father I doubt it.

2. 18 is not that young, he's an adult and should act like one.

3. Most people on the thread were Kitty fans by the end, she won people over because she could sing! (And Louis always works wonders with controversial acts)

well poooo me for being 18 and not acting like I was 30 or 25 (just to help you) im sure at some stage of your your life you were vile and obnoxious but you did not see it, but if it makes your day better keep hating and never let the youth learn by their mistakes.

so closed minded its unreal, I am not surprised the 27 club was created.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Janet looking as happy as ever at the Breaking Dawn premier...

article-0-0ED3EFD500000578-175_634x813.jpg

She may not be smiling but she certainly has the look of a Hollywood movie star about her.Beautiful young girl and very glamorous.The other two look like two fans on red carpet.
    blondie7 wrote: »
    Anyone see the M&S ad lately?, they have Amelia added into it now and I think Frankies voice is gone out of it completely

And she got a bigger spot than any of the others,I see what they are doing.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Didn't you say you were going to stop watching it after week one anyway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

caseyann wrote: »
    She may not be smiling but she certainly has the look of a Hollywood movie star about her.Beautiful young girl and very glamorous.The other two look like two fans on red carpet.

She looks like an aging old 40-something year old has-been, with Amelia the brightest new popstar about to take her place. Sorry Janet, you had your time in the limelight.

caseyann wrote: »

I think Misha looks great actually, very natural in front of the cameras.

I always get a sense of ingratitude and entitlement off Janet and that picture makes no change from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I always get a sense of ingratitude and entitlement off Janet and that picture makes no change from that.

She comes across as a spoilt brat that throws her toys out of the pram if she doesnt get her own way, what does it cost to have a smile on your face?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

If you painted misha green she'd look uncannily like shrek. srsly.

Must repress illegal thoughts about jamet and amelia together...

Amelia looks like the brightest orange icepop . Janet, you are in the limelight also thanks to glow of Amelia you stand out more.

FYP Matter of opinion isnt it now.;)

Not at all,where did i say Misha looked bad i just said that the other two looked like fans.

Janet-Devlin_983350t.jpg

618w_twilight_uk_premiere_evening_17.jpg

janet_devlin_the_kixx.jpg

As i said before beautiful young girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

soapland style body lather? Not cool man she is like fourteen.
    Is her real name Benjamin Button because she seems to be getting younger as the show goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

By the looks of things, they are gearing up for a Amelia vs Mischa B final.

Advertisement