Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

* Ag Science Predictions / discussion / aftermath * (One thread please)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Brains?

Vodkat wrote: »
    I would personally recommend bullet points. Just so you don't end up waffling and the examiner doesn't have to search for your main points.

Thanks!:)
    And how many points would you recommend for each answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Brains? wrote: »
    is it better for the likes of Q9, the 'scientific explanation', to write a paragraph(s) or just simple bullet points? or does it matter?

It makes no difference once the correct answer is in there somewhere, but what Vodkat said is good advice.
    Brains? wrote: »
    Thanks!:)
    And how many points would you recommend for each answer?

Going on the marking schemes for the past few years you need three correct points to get full marks for each scientific explanation, so really that's what you are aiming for. You may wish to write more to just make sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭galwayman17..

now that construction is finished my $***ting a br!ck for ag science can really begin! iv been revising genetics, soil, fertilisers,experiments, the uestion 9's and i have a good understanding of pigs, sheep and cattle. will i be able to get a good C or a low B?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frenchy1992

Yea I'd say it's fairly possible according to how well you did in your oral / project..
    Did you study your crops as well btw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Does anybody have the experiments typed up/on a digital file or can email me them? & also any other typed up notes. Thanks

• Advertisement

Yea I'd say it's fairly possible according to how well you did in your oral / project..
    Did you study your crops as well btw ?

ino barley medioker. and i no potatoes well.

well my project id say i got less than 15% because me and my teacher dont quite see eye to eye!..:mad: hate that man but anyway you no any hints or is ag science too hard to predict?

NotExactly wrote: »
    Does anybody have the experiments typed up/on a digital file or can email me them? & also any other typed up notes. Thanks

go onto eircom studyhub (if you have eircom broadband) and look at genetics, mitosis mieosis. its similar but sorry thats all i no because my notes aint printed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭rockycoolness22

Im doing Ordinary Level and am so screwed for tomorrow. Hopefully all will be okay!

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭doctorg

Are there any predicted experiments for tomorrow?
    Anyone pretty sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Can anyone give me a website where I can find all the experiments!? Its fairly urgent seeing as the exam is tomorrow (lawl!) but yea, lost my experiment copy a few weeks back and just competely neglected getting them! Help!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Griffen262

go onto eircom studyhub (if you have eircom broadband) and look at genetics, mitosis mieosis. its similar but sorry thats all i no because my notes aint printed!

Can you copy and paste them?...Throw a link my way somehow!

Griffen262 wrote: »
    Can you copy and paste them?...Throw a link my way somehow!

this is it here create your own account and also genetics is on it too ;)

this is it here create your own account and also genetics is on it too ;)

Ahh Mr.G-man...you see, as you said yourself, only Eircom customers! In my part of the country we did away with Eircom along time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭therunaround

Can anyone give me a website where I can find all the experiments!? Its fairly urgent seeing as the exam is tomorrow (lawl!) but yea, lost my experiment copy a few weeks back and just competely neglected getting them! Help!!!!!!!

without being smart, all the experiments are in your textbook- at the end of each chapter in the green book, at the end of each section in the white book, and all together in the revision book. If you know the steps to take in each one well then you should get away with an incorrect result/ conclusion lightly enough.

Also if you read back through the thread ul get the link to eoin Jacksons predictions, however id be cautious as there are far more than 20-25 experiments, and possible more than 50, as there is no properly defined syllabus

The trick is, learn them as best you can, but if you cant remember then you can make up an experiment or trial yourself, and you could still pick up plenty of marks.

The best of luck and the best advice is to attempt all parts of question one, as it carries the most marks

Don't have a textbook - just notes! Thanks anyways for the help!

Not a bad paper at all! I was never going to get higher than a C anyways but I may have pulled one off! If I actually studied the dam subject I may have pulled off a high B low A... ah well!

And of the only three experiments I knew they all came up! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭crayon1

I thought it was a challenging enough paper! But it's over now!!! :D

this paper was hard i thought. but i think i did reasonably ok. now i must go....my pint a vodka wont drink itself!!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Couldnt be any happier!! Loved Q. 5 and Q.3 opt 2 experiments were great!! So delighted to be finished. Can't wait for my results now!! I'm shattered so going to have a few hours sleep and then heading out!! Woohoo:D:D

this paper was hard i thought. but i think i did reasonably ok. now i must go....my pint a vodka wont drink itself!!!!:D:D:D

Your at home, now go to bed G-man... :rolleyes:

Now, I dont do Biology or Geography, but fúck me pink, when did Ag.Science become a combination of these two subjects? :confused::(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭conorod

Overall quite a nice paper, much better than I was expecting! Flocculation and dry matter of potatoes were brilliant experiments to come up - did them both this year and last year so knew them well. Q5 was very straightforward, most of it from the biology course anyway and the genetics question was lovely too.

Griffen262 wrote: »
    Your at home, now go to bed G-man... :rolleyes:

Now, I dont do Biology or Geography, but fúck me pink, when did Ag.Science become a combination of these two subjects? :confused::(

Well some one's in a cranky mood?! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

conorod wrote: »
    Q5 was very straightforward, most of it from the biology course anyway and the genetics question was lovely too.

i taught the genetics question was phrased awkwardly. Anyone else think the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Indestructable

9:3:3:1 ?

THFC wrote: »
    Well some one's in a cranky mood?! lol

Haha! Nah, just not a nice way to finish off the exams. Thought it was fairly hard, the mocks was a piss-take compared to todays paper though...Just wasn't ready for it*

Blames shíte teacher*:P

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭conorod

NotExactly wrote: »
    i taught the genetics question was phrased awkwardly. Anyone else think the same?
    How so?

I suppose they could have been more specific about "what proportion" (i.e. say that they wanted it as a percentage/ratio, etc.) but I thought overall it was quite clear, and the cross was very straightforward thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

I'm happy with how it went :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

Question 1 was a bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

!!! wrote: »
    Question 1 was a bitch

Wasn't too happy with Q1 either but I think I got my 6 parts...

Overall I was very happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Horrible for me.

I had to write the "desperate note" to the examiner :(
    Probably failed. The post mortem with friends killed me ..

Advertisement