Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster Schools Rugby 2012-2013 [Provincial Schools Thread Link in Post 1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Leinster5

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Terenure hosting Blackrock this Saturday.
    That'll be some game, might go and watch if I have the time. Will give us a good indication of how both teams stand. Also think Clongowes are hosting Michaels next weekend. Good to see that there's big games happening with the schools Leinster reps involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RugbyHead15

Does anyone have any results from Division B, any teams with big results? I hear Newbridge and Roscrea are impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

'Nure v 'Rock match kicks off at 12.30 tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hayden1994

Newbridge beat roscerea by four point and castle knock beat Wesley by two points don't know exact scores

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Cup13

Hayden1994 wrote: »
    Newbridge beat roscerea by four point and castle knock beat Wesley by two points don't know exact scores
    knock beat wesley 19-17 with a last minute try and conversion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭fox_1973

'Nure v 'Rock match kicks off at 12.30 tomorrow.

Should be a cracker of a game, both Billy Dardis and Rob Somerville are back in the starting line up

Terenure beat Blackrock today. I think the final score was 36-16 but I could be wrong.

Terenure beat Blackrock today. I think the final score was 36-16 but I could be wrong.

Was actually 38-20, good result all the same and very enjoyable to watch

fox_1973 wrote: »
    Was actually 38-20, good result all the same and very enjoyable to watch

Cheers. Wasn't sure what kicks were going over! I noticed Rock were missing Jaeger and Timoney went off and I think Terenure were only missing O'Neill. Still thought the Terenure backs were sensational.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭nathan99

If anybody is interested, me and a friend are in the process of developing a schools rugby app for Leinster. It will include like fixtures, results for Junior cup and senior cup. We are only doing those two first to see how it goes. It should be out before February hopefully so you can follow the cup. Jamie heaslip is already following us and we will wait till the app is out to get other leinster players to tweet about us.
    Our twitter is @schoolsrugbyapp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭gfitz95

Michaels beat cbc cork at home today 24 18.Relatively poor performance by Michaels,seemed to lack a bit of intensity,but got the win.

gfitz95 wrote: »
    Michaels beat cbc cork at home today 24 18.Relatively poor performance by Michaels,seemed to lack a bit of intensity,but got the win.

So Michaels are still yet to lose. Will be a big test for them next week away to Clongowes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oldboy 92

Leinster5 wrote: »
    So Michaels are still yet to lose. Will be a big test for them next week away to Clongowes.

Would be surprised if Clongowes overturn Michaels. Saw 2nd half v Belvo today and they are poor compared tp previous years. Missing a few players, but could easily have lost to an average Belvo side.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭6dsp9

Any predictions on who is going to go straight into the academy if any?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 knightro

Disagree with you. Think 'Rock are dark horses this year. They play Terenure next Saturday

unlucky mate. better luck next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

6dsp9 wrote: »
    really is too early to say which u19 players from club and schools systems will join academy. wait until schools cups, youths provincial and all ireland leagues and irish u18/19 teams play before academy places are even looked at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I would hazard a guess and say
    Billy Dardis
    Harrison Brewer
    Jack O'Neill

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭6dsp9

Hagz wrote: »
    Billy Dardis
    Harrison Brewer
    Jack O'Neill

I think ormond is right yeah,as regards those 3 lads whilst they are very good schools and interpro players id say only one of them will go straight in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I think ormond is right yeah,as regards those 3 lads whilst they are very good schools and interpro players id say only one of them will go straight in

Maybe, but 4 went straight in from school last year. And 3? the year before. And those lads were pretty easy to predict.

knightro wrote: »
    unlucky mate. better luck next time

On the contrary-I couldn't have been happier...:)

• Advertisement

Billy Dardis
    Harrison Brewer
    Jack O'Neill

Yeah would agree with these 3. Dardis is as good as Conway was-at that age-if not better and Brewer is exactly the type of centre Leinster will be crying out for in a couple of years.

Billy Dardis
    Harrison Brewer
    Jack O'Neill

Jack O'Neill isn't academy material. Doesn't have a size to make it as a pro in the back row and wasn't that impressive for Leinster 19s. Leinster have enough back row talent at the moment. The other two are great players who'll go straight into the academy. Surely Michaels or Clongowes would have a few players worthy of getting into the academy ?

Leinster5 wrote: »
    Jack O'Neill isn't academy material. Doesn't have a size to make it as a pro in the back row and wasn't that impressive for Leinster 19s. Leinster have enough back row talent at the moment. The other two are great players who'll go straight into the academy. Surely Michaels or Clongowes would have a few players worthy of getting into the academy ?

Yeah not sure about O'Neill and really depends if Leinster are looking for a genuine openside. Is Leavy already one? I would say he is. Think Ross Byrne is definitely worth a spot for his kicking alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭rugby_fan

One r two club players that Could be in contention for academy spot too in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Oldboy 92

Yeah not sure about O'Neill and really depends if Leinster are looking for a genuine openside. Is Leavy already one? I would say he is. Think Ross Byrne is definitely worth a spot for his kicking alone.
    Totally agree Quint! O'Neill didn't even start at 7 for the 19's. Would be surprised if Many more forwards go into the academy next time around as they clearly have most forward bases covered. Moloney from Roscrea is quite impressive. Dardis is a shoe in and Byrne in two years will follow. Really don't see too many more obvious candidates. Outside bet is adam byrne from ucd who was on the 19s with Daly and Farrell depending on whether they make the Irish 20s. Any games tomorrow or Sat worth going to?

Oldboy 92 wrote: »
    Totally agree Quint! O'Neill didn't even start at 7 for the 19's. Would be surprised if Many more forwards go into the academy next time around as they clearly have most forward bases covered. Moloney from Roscrea is quite impressive. Dardis is a shoe in and Byrne in two years will follow. Really don't see too many more obvious candidates. Outside bet is adam byrne from ucd who was on the 19s with Daly and Farrell depending on whether they make the Irish 20s. Any games tomorrow or Sat worth going to?

Sorry which Byrne are you referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Was the outhalf who played for the schools team this year any good? Sounded like he was a good kicker from reports but I don't know anything about him

Tox56 wrote: »
    Was the outhalf who played for the schools team this year any good? Sounded like he was a good kicker from reports but I don't know anything about him

Yeah Ross Byrne. Is he not in sixth year?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

rugby_fan wrote: »
    One r two club players that Could be in contention for academy spot too in my opinion

Who have you your eye on? Are we talking u18/19s or u21s/AIL?

• Advertisement

W

Yeah Ross Byrne. Is he not in sixth year?
    yes, he is in 6th year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement