Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congrats on the birth of your little girl 0ctober!

Betsie fingers & toes crossed that if your baby hasn't arrived by Thursday then they will induce you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Thanks a million, i really hope something happens between now and then, poor oh is up in a heap waiting for the call, he works about a 30 min drive away and he is almost sick leaving me every morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

Congrats 0ctober! Hope Mammy & baby are well :) can't wait to hear what ya called her xx

Awe Betsie :( hope things move soon for ya! I'm sure they'll keep ya in on Thurs! Have ya had any signs?

some dull period like pains the last few days and lots of bh but that's it

October called her baby hazel :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Hopefully those bh are the real thing betsie. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Is the birthing ball not helping at all?

• Advertisement

ball helping a bit but i can't stay on it too long as i get a pain across the middle of my back :-(

Oh no :-( it's def not slow labour? I was like that on one of mine, didn't get checked out (it was happening from about 10 pm on a wed) by the time half seven hit the followin mornin it was really uncomfortable, had a little leak at half five but didn't think it was my waters because on my first they went in one massive gush,went to the hospital at about quarter past nine and i was four cm. My little man was born at 1.17 that afternoon.

How long have you been getting bh?

getting braxton hicks all every day since about week 30, but getting more of them the last week or so alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

hey everyone hope your all well!

finished exam repeats tomorrow so bringing baby z to the zoo the next nice day we get!
    she's already 11 pound at 3.5weeks!bloody weight of her. Mammy Will be like hulk hogan!
    she's getting more and more like her daddy everyday. and more and more gorgeous !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

best of luck java in your exams tomorrow . little z will be thrived to go to the zoo!!

best of luck with the repeats java, hope you do well :-) my god baby is flying it isn't she, enjoy the zoo when you get to take her :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

God Java, I dont know you're juggling exams and a new baby, well done you!!! Good luck today.

Betsie, hope something happens for you soon.

Have hospital appointment this afternoon, fingers crossed i will know more then

Have hospital appointment this afternoon, fingers crossed i will know more then

Fingers and toes are crosse for ya x

thanks tigeress :)

good luck Betsie, please god you'll be holding your baby within the next 48 hours!

evening ladies, i was kept in today, my bp was through the roof, had a sweep, but babies head is still quite high nurse said she has no intention of going anywhere

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

What's their plan for you? Will they start an induction if the sweep doesn't work?

yeah they will see how bp is tomorrow and decide what the best plan of action is from there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Fingerscrossed that you won't have to wait too much longer.

I hope everything goes well for ya tomorrow Betsie! Fingers crossed that little lady co-operates and gets into position :) I bet you're glad to be in there! Hope ya have your earplugs :p best thing ever in a busy ward hehe

its actually very quiet in here had a full ward to myself until a few mins ago, the lady tgjttgat came in just went straight asleep

What hospital are you in betsie? Fingers crossed the little madam decides to make a break for it today :)

Hope things are going well Betsie!

Yellow how far are you now? Have ya had a scan yet?

Tigeress wrote: »
    Hope things are going well Betsie!

Yellow how far are you now? Have ya had a scan yet?

I'm 11 weeks now so have my 12wk scan next thursday. An excited and nervous all in one. Symptoms began to disappear this week but I'm hoping that's just the end of the first trimester. I just read minks birth story and it petrified the life out of me. I am in deep admiration of the ladies here, I'm not sure I can be as brave !!

We all have good and bad birth experiences yellow hen but each and everyone is worth it, so don't go lettin our horror stories make you nervous. My 1st was a month premature weighed 8lb2 had shoulder dystocia and i'm now on my 4th lol.
    Has anyone heard anymore on betsie yet?
    How is everyone else doing today?

no im still here, i was left home for the weekend back in on monday and they will give me another sweep, do a trace and bp and will work on a plan from there, if my bp is high again on monday they will induce me then, im so fed up now but sure be ok once my little lady is happy thats all that matters :)

Oh betsie, you poor thing, i'm guessing you're still doing everything ya can to start yourself, i wish there was something i suggest you try but i can't think of anything that hasn't been mentioned already. Fingers crossed something happens for you between now and monday.

• Advertisement

yeah im trying everything, indian for dinner tonight i think haha :)

Advertisement