Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pregnancy Chat Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Huge hugs Quin5
    Puts my moaning about my babs into perspective :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Thanks everyone for ur kind thoughts n hugs.
    Much needed.

x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭melsbells

I know we're all stangers here, but i for one so look forward to having someone to moan to or get advice from or just chat to!
    so quins when i read your message my heart broke for you. i cant even begin to imagine your pain, but i truely feel for you, and although im pretty new here, i know there are plenty of wonderful ladies here who have gone through the same and are always willing to lend an ear, so when no one else gets it there is always someone here who does. quins take care and like all the others big hugs **

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Having some slight bleeding - scared, am almost 12 weeks at this stage - scared - had nuchal scan booked for Tuesday so there is no point going in until then unless I bleed very heavily.

Aw Cathy try and rest as much as you can

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

Try not worry too much Cathy, I have been having light bleeding on and off for next few weeks and doc said everything is still fine. Just keep eye on it if it gets heavier or you get pains.....Good luck with your scan next week.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

*hugs* Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Quins5

Good luck Cathy
    Big Hugs x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Keeping fingers crossed for you Cathy. *Hugs*

Can anyone offer the best things to eat/drink or best medicine to take for trapped wind please?? I am really suffering with it these days and get it everytime i eat something and then stays with me for ages! What's best thing for shifting wind?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Best of luck cathy, hope things turn out alright. Fingers and toes crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Silcocky

I'm the same Winnie, I've been eating a lot of Brown Bread/Bran Flakes and I've been adding a teaspoon of Linseed to any soup I'm having, and on any butter/mayo I'm putting on bread etc....you barely taste it, but its supposed to be great for wind/constipation. AND my Mam rang me all excited last week, seemingly its also SUPER for pregnant women....totally unrelated to its main functions!
    :D

Silcocky wrote: »
    I'm the same Winnie, I've been eating a lot of Brown Bread/Bran Flakes and I've been adding a teaspoon of Linseed to any soup I'm having, and on any butter/mayo I'm putting on bread etc....you barely taste it, but its supposed to be great for wind/constipation. AND my Mam rang me all excited last week, seemingly its also SUPER for pregnant women....totally unrelated to its main functions!
    :D

I don't want to worry or upset you, but there have been animal studies that show that high consumption of linseed during pregnancy causes problems with the development of the reproductive organs of the offspring. Might be worth doing some research. I know that Flaxseed is definitely contraindicated during pregnancy for that very reason. Foods that stimulate or mimic hormones might be helpful for pregnant mommy but maybe not so good for developing baby.

Winnie, eating slowly, and little and often is supposed to be very helpful for avoiding indigestion and trapped wind.

Yeah, from today I have started to graze more so than have big meals, so far so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Andrews liver salts works for wind, but ask doc 1st. I was allowed it but i was in agony and i was about 20 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

i'm still guzzling the lillipops for any of the tummy issues and they are getting me through, whatever i ate today that did not agree with me is causing no end of grief, hence i am on here now.

Thanks Squiggler....have probably had 80g since I found out I was pregnant....will stop taking it now, good to know.

Much appreciated!

Silcocky wrote: »
    Thanks Squiggler....have probably had 80g since I found out I was pregnant....will stop taking it now, good to know.

Much appreciated!

It's such a minefield being pregnant, so many dos and don'ts and so much contradictory advice. Seems like no matter what you do someone will tell you it might be a bad idea :o

Scan this afternoon - 12 weeks finally I hope, want to see my unborn baby. Am getting very attached to her (we think that she is a girl) already, still very hormonal and having nausea and extreme tiredness which is a good sign. Husband says that we can have a gender scan in January to see if she is a boy or a girl - I do not care but would love to know, husband would rather a suprise.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

CathyMoran wrote: »
    Scan this afternoon - 12 weeks finally I hope, want to see my unborn baby. Am getting very attached to her (we think that she is a girl) already, still very hormonal and having nausea and extreme tiredness which is a good sign. Husband says that we can have a gender scan in January to see if she is a boy or a girl - I do not care but would love to know, husband would rather a suprise.

Good luck today.

Sure it'll be a surprise on the day of the scan. Plenty of other exciting stuff going on the date of the birth, it's good to spread out the fun IMO

• Advertisement

Good luck Cathy, I cant wait until I hit the start of week 13! No symptoms besides lots of wind at the moment, I take it as a good sign as everything is still ticking away in there, not back to hospital until Jan so have to wait until then!

Scan was fine, still crying with relief, had supressed it until I saw that my unborn baby appears to be OK.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Scan was fine, still crying with relief, had supressed it until I saw that my unborn baby appears to be OK.

Ah great. First trimester done. You'll be feeling the flutters before you know it. :D

Brilliant news Cathy
    Must be such a relief
    Congrats!

Keep taking it easy though ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It was amazing watching the little child move about- and their little hands- almost as though they were waving! Scan results were actually quite incredibly good- so all appears to be well. Now to awaken my sleeping wifey, Baby Shane and I were up most of the night with bad teething...... A large pot of coffee is on the cards (for me, not my wifey!).....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Ah Cathy congrats. I'm really happy for you and your oh. There's been too much sad news here recently so great to hear good stories.

My babs is def on the generous side according to the consultant yesterday and I'm still only 32w6d. Thankfully it turned so head is down.

Thats great Cathy!

Had my first scan yesterday - it really is a sight to behold! I was so shocked to see a leg moving and hear such a strong heartbeat, we really are wonderful creatures, us women, aren't we?!!? ;)

I was absolutely bang on with dates too - 9+5 yesterday I was sure I ovulated a week later so would be a week behind my official 'last period' dates! Delighted, one week closer to the end of the 'worry weeks'. T minus fifteen days and counting.

Have my booking in date at the hospital next Wednesday, the letter said they'll do a scan then, hopefully we'll see a bit of growth. Then I'll be only a week from the twelve (well, eight days....!!) but I'll be ecstatic!!!!

They are gorgeous little people - silcocky am delighted that your scan went well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Also had hospital appointment yesterday:)
    Think it was the quickest visit ever literally took 60 seconds!
    He said it is impossible to give an estimate on weight of baby and they only worry if it is too small but baby is plenty big:)
    He did a quick scan at the request of my gp to make sure baba was head down and he/she is so roll on saying hello:)
    hmmm must pack hospital bag....just in case:)

• Advertisement

Moonbeam - glad that your scan went well :)

Advertisement