Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post lost package?

• 23-03-2020 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I ordered an item earlier this month (within EU) but there has been no updates since it left country of origin...the tracking map shows in is somewhere in Offaly :confused: but an post are saying it's not in their system so they cannot track it. Help?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Pixie84 wrote: »
    I ordered an item earlier this month (within EU) but there has been no updates since it left country of origin...the tracking map shows in is somewhere in Offaly :confused: but an post are saying it's not in their system so they cannot track it. Help?

Can you track it on the anpost website?
    Can you check the shippers website? it could be lost between the senders country and Ireland, if you think it's lost the sender should contact the postal service on their side to open a dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Pixie84

No info on an post tracking and from seller's country the last update was that it has left the country. It does seem to be here as the etsy map is showing but customer service keep giving same answer that they can't trace it until it's in their system.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

I wouldn't trust the etsy map, the information for that map will come from tracking information from Sender's and/or recipients countries, I think as soon as they see left country, they assume it's in recipients country, you don't specify what country is coming from as it could be send by road or not directly to Ireland, also with restrictions it could take longer to get here. If parcel is coming from Asia anpost could be a bit slow to process it as it parcels from Asia wouldn't be a priority to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Pixie84

From Poland, so wouldn't be stopped for customs or anything, was also sent by express post so would have expected it by now (even taking into account possible delays)

Advertisement