Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone Ireland

• 26-07-2019 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

I'm having a hellish experience with Vodafone. I signed up for a year contract with them, but had to move away for work so asked to cancel the contract, they refused. Anyway, time went by and the second year started. I called Vodafone and said I want it cancelled. They said I agreed to roll the contract for another year when an agent called me. I requested a recording transcript of the call, but they say they cannot find it. I subsequently requested to end the contract on the basis the call was never made. They still refuse to end the contract.

How the hell can they say they called to renew with no proof the call ever took place?? They really have brass necks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,836 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

COMREG are a joke. Whatever they are being paid is too much. Every service provider in this space is up to the same tricks and they do nothing.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

odyssey06 wrote: »
    COMREG are a joke. Whatever they are being paid is too much. Every service provider in this space is up to the same tricks and they do nothing.

How do you even complain to COMREG?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,836 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

lufties wrote: »
    How do you even complain to COMREG?

You need to open formal complaint process with the provider first.
    https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/internet/how-to-make-a-complaint/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Vidafone always send an email confirming contract details. Ask them where the email confirmation is.
    If they can't produce, then ring your bank, ask them to cancel the direct debit and really they haven't got a let to stand on if they try to chase you for payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Vidafone always send an email confirming contract details. Ask them where the email confirmation is.
    If they can't produce, then ring your bank, ask them to cancel the direct debit and really they haven't got a let to stand on if they try to chase you for payment.

Oh really? Are you sure? They are awful to deal with.

• Advertisement

lufties wrote: »
    Oh really? Are you sure? They are awful to deal with.

Yes, over the last couple of years when I have renewed my one year contract, I got an email with all the details from them.

Advertisement