Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

So Sue Me gone huge what you think?

Options
  • 02-01-2014 11:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Fair play to this girl she is gone huge and even a best selling book,is she doing it long?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I never found her and her blog particularly great. It always to be more self-indulgent than anything helpful. Used to follow her but not anymore. I'm surprised by how well she's doing tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Kinda liked her for a bit but its gone awful now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I never liked her blog. Find her whole look a bit tacky :o

I'm sure she's a lovely girl, just not my scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

I never heard of her:eek:!

......Just googled her there now to have a had a nose through her site. Wouldn't be my bag either I'm afraid....... Is her day-to-day job solely blogging?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

I used to follow her on FB because I thought she might be the Irish version of lovely Laura from Buynowbloglater. I quickly realised she wasn't.

Not my style at all. I prefer a more natural look.

Fair dues to her however for obviously identifying her market and for doing so well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I came across her just before she went into the blogging full time. I don't go onto her website that often, I more often see postings on Facebook. Before I found her looks quite accessible, not so much as in my own style but rather affordable to the general audience eg zara, pennys river island. Nowadays the photos she posts of herself seem to be plugging a particular business. She seems to be more about designer handbags and shoes, or her boyfriend and dog. She seems like such a nice girl but personally I would hope that she would remember who her audience is and not lose the run of herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sorcha96

Is she big though? Or is she just buying followers and pretending to be big by telling lies about herself? Check out her twitter with this fakers.statuspeople.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Seems to be huge. Even my bf knows about her (and it's not because of me, it's because of FB!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

She's a complete ligger, albeit an ambitious one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

Lux23 wrote: »
    She's a complete ligger, albeit an ambitious one.

Lol what's a ligger??

• Advertisement

ananas wrote: »
    Lol what's a ligger??

Had to look 'ligger' up as well. It seems to be someone who goes to lots of events to get free stuff and exposure.

Correct me if I'm wrong!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Pang wrote: »
    I used to follow her on FB because I thought she might be the Irish version of lovely Laura from Buynowbloglater.

Just had a look at that blog - LOVE her looks! Definitely will be following her in future!

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Just had a look at that blog - LOVE her looks! Definitely will be following her in future!

Laura is fab! I must admit I have bought a number of garments and beauty products because of her. At the moment, she is wearing this Bobbi Brown lipstick called Razzberry and it is amazing. I went into BTs to have a look at it and tried it on. Gorgeous colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Buynowbloglater rocks! I remember Laura from back in her lollipop26 days on youtube. I love her style, so classy! I've been following her blog for about a year or so now - she has a great way with words :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Not into sosueme blog at all but lots of girls in my workplace are... Is it mean to say she is a bit kardashianish for me I.e. Plenty of money, not much style? Okay that prob is mean... Each to their own I suppose!

Thank you for bringing buy now pay later to my attention , she is the biz!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I wouldn't be a fan of SoSueMe at all, I find her style (clothing) to be tacky at times and find her to be a bit 'showy' with the designer gear and showing she has money to burn.

Similarly, I wouldn't be a fan of The Make Up Fairy either, again I'd find some of her clothing/style to be tacky and don't find her that good at tutorials, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I like the odd post from her, the Zara skort love was brought to my attention by her but her make up? Not at all for me, I couldn't wear a full face of make up every single day. I love make up but she's one of those girls that I think needs to tone it down a little, she'd be a lot prettier if she lost the red lipstick and went a little au natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Metacarpi

Not a fan at all but fair play to her for building an empire around it..i mean she doesn't even write most of the blog posts at this stage. Her style just seems generic, a little showy and lacking any real individuality but each to their own! I personally am fans of Glamity Jane and the Retro Suitcase on FB :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I follow So Sue Me purely to drool over the lovely handbags and shoes she posts about. I never really visit the blog page, I just follow her on Instagram and Facebook.

She's not an amazing blogger by any stretch of the imagination. Grand but not fantastic, and I'm not keen on her looks either. But she knows how to self-promote and get her name out there, I'll give her that.

I actually emailed her once for a college newspaper article I was writing, asking for an opinion on the rise of Irish blogging. She never got back to me, which surprised me considering that the readers of that article would be her target market, so to speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

got to give credit to the girl she has built up an amazing following but I wouldn't be a huge fan either... I follow her blog on facebook & wouldn't be a big fan of majority of the outfits she posts. Also some of the blog posts on her website are fairly badly written which I think is a big no no if you are trying to make a living from blogging.

I think it's really terrible when people post nasty things on facebook as there is really no need for that kind of thing but I find she goes on the defensive very easily if anything negative at all is posted - for example recently a girl made a very valid comment on one of her pictures saying that she had noticed lately that there was alot more designer items featured on the blog and that it wasn't that accessible to most people who can't afford such items and basically the response was that she works her ass off and why shouldn't she treat herself which is fair enough but the poor girl who made the original comment ended up apologising profusely as she was obviously a big fan and was upset that she had annoyed Sue...

And my final point :D she sometimes posts pictures from other blogs and when people are commenting on them admiring them thinking they are pictures of her own home etc she doesn't correct them or credit where the original image came from which annoys me because she is building up this perfect image in peoples head of what her life is like when some times she is just posting images belonging to other people...

that's just my 20 cent anyways ;)

ps. love buy now blog later have followed Laura since lollipop26 days

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

- for example recently a girl made a very valid comment on one of her pictures saying that she had noticed lately that there was alot more designer items featured on the blog and that it wasn't that accessible to most people who can't afford such items and basically the response was that she works her ass off and why shouldn't she treat herself which is fair enough but the poor girl who made the original comment ended up apologising profusely as she was obviously a big fan and was upset that she had annoyed Sue...

That was exceptionally unfair of her, particularly as the commenter made a good point. Reactions like that are certainly one good way of losing fans.

It's stuff like that that make me see her as being pretty self indulgent. Her aim seems to be purely to tell everyone how great she and her life is.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

Agree with most of the posts here. I follow her on Instagram and Facebook and would agree with how defensive she is when someone voices an opinion. Nine times out of ten she deletes the comment and will respond with a "If you don't like what you see unfollow me" comment, which to me isn't very professional or what a blog is all about. If we don't agree with everything you say we should just unfollow? Very silly.

Also this YouTube blogger issue? When was the last time she done a video when she said she would. I don't feel she has much interest in her readers and it amazes me that this is now her full time job.

Gossipgirl10 agree completely with the images thing. Most of her images are taken from Pinterest and the likes and never credited. She used one of Vegas Nays images on Instagram before Christmas and when people quickly copped it wasn't her own and said something the whole post was taken down.

That's just my own two cents. I love Irish bloggers but for me her heart just isn't in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

I used to like her blog but lately its too much self-indulgent stuff, like just pictures of her on nights outs with her friends/boyfriend in some expensive club and all her self-motivational quotes (taken from instagram,pintrest,etc) are becoming very tiresome and often very cringey.

I find her style very hit and miss but I suppose fair play to her for doing so well and knowing her market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I can't have her, think she's trashy trashy.....as in not the good kinda trashy...

I am loving buy now blog later! Think its really hard to find a really good, dedicated fashion blog.

I think she's got a look that some people love and fair play to her she always looks well. My only gripe with her is that she described the Khroma Kardashian makeup as amazing and fairly priced. Maybe that's her opinion, but the quality of those products is just crap IMO and 20 euro for a nude lipstick is extortion!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

I'm not a fan, but I follow her on instagram, I like some of her outfits and all but not much anymore tbh.

Just a general question.. Does anybody else find it really ignorant that when someone asks her where she got something that she never replies, but as soon as someone makes a remark she is quick to swoop in and comment away? I know the girl probably doesn't have much time on her hands but most other bloggers are happy to reply or usually include where they have bought something...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't really follow blogs anyway but this one is more Hello than Vogue and to be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

I hadn't heard of So Sue Me until quite recently, still haven't had a look at the blog and I don't know if I will now after reading some of the feedback here. I started reading the Buy Now Blog Later blog earlier this week and it's very enjoyable as well as featuring a lot of products I'd like to try. I really like her style too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

it's funny a lot of us have said we don't really like the blog yet we still follow it :D

one other thing that I saw on the blog before Christmas I thought was quite bizarre... she was doing her book signings around the country and some of her readers were bringing her little gifts like chocolates, teddies etc but one reader gave her a gift of a designer bangle bracelet can't remember who it was by but it can't have been very cheap. She posted a picture of it saying she has the most amazing readers etc but I just thought it was a bit inappropriate to accept something like that and then post about it on her page as other young readers who obviously idolise her could feel under pressure to bring her gifts if they are going to future signings. Why didn't the poor fan keep the nice bracelet for themselves instead of giving it as a gift to someone they have never met before :confused:

one blog I really like is Mariannan I originally saw someone mention her on boards.ie she wears alot of stuff from Zara etc so it's quite accessible along with the odd designer items we can drool over :) (it was some of her pics that I was referring to that I had seen on SoSueMe without the original source being credited)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement