Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pandora Charm Bracelets

• 22-07-2009 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just t wondering if many people have them and what do they think of them.

I am thinking of getting one for the girlfriend - and am a bit clueless.

Also - where shoudl I go and how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭nicola09

The bracelet itself is around 50 euro I think, my brother bought one for his girlfriend and I remember being horrified! You buy the charms seperately, not sure how much they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

For a silver braclet its about 69-80 depending on clasp. you can get gold also but these are pricey. The charms range anywhere from 30E for very plain ones to about 350+. I saw a full one the other day in a jewelers in Arklow and it was about 7,000 or 8,000 Euros, but it was gorgeous,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭veryrandom

I have one myself, their pretty awesome, and kinda the gift that keeps on giving as you buy the charms separetly so it really becomes like a little project.

The prices above are pretty right, the simple silver charms are about 30e and then go up as you can get ones with little gems and gold ones and silver ones with gold accents. A nice idea is to get the bracelet and then buy one nice meaningful charm as a accompanyment.

Their available in Fields, House of Fraiser and most jewellers. There's also several websites, just type in Pandora jewellery.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

I have one & I love it :) alot of the silver charms start at €22, as the above poster said the braclets & charms are widely available - there's a pretty huge selection of charms & stuff in arnotts in jervis street.... their website shows all the current charms & stockists & stuff (and prices):

http://www.pandora-jewelry.com/IE.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Love them too, thinking about getting one for a friend. Just wondering how many charms you'd need to start for it to look good, can imagine it looking really bare if I only buy three or four.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I got one of my boyfriend for xmas, I got 3 charms to start with and slowly build up a collection, the clips are great for keeping the charms in place, its much cheaper and better selection of charms on line.

Dont buy too many at the start its nice to get ones with a special meaning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

foodaholic wrote: »
    I got one of my boyfriend for xmas, I got 3 charms to start with and slowly build up a collection, the clips are great for keeping the charms in place, its much cheaper and better selection of charms on line.

Dont buy too many at the start its nice to get ones with a special meaning

Cool thanks,maybe I'll just get two or three then. I don't have time to get them online though so I'll just have to make to with what's here.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jeege

I have one and it's nearly full, my boyfriend got it for me for xmas and added to it for valentines day. The charms are pricey enough, between 25 and 45/50 euro, but you can get spacers too and they go between the charms and bulk it up a bit. I actually love the spacers as much as the charms..nearly!! I'm not sure how much the spacers are but I think they are about 12 - 15 euro per piece, depending on piece. If you are buying one for somebody I would reccomend getting 3 or 4 charms and spacers to start with. There are spaces for clips sporadically on the bracelet so if you dont have too many charms for a while, you can space them between clips to stop them all from going into one little section of the bracelet. Also there's a beautiful safety catch with 2 screw on bands and a chain that's lovely on the bracelet!
    They are a great idea because its a foundation to build on, and it means if you're not the greatest at picking presents you should get xmas and a birthday out of the bracelet!
    Make sure you choose the charms carefully, all of mine are significent to me and my man, but he had to order some in to have the right ones ready..
    If it's worth doing.....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

There's a big enough counter in the Arnott's Project in Jervis S.C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 d18ET

Just found Pandora type charm bracelets and charms in little shop called Happy Days in Temple Bar (Crown Alley). Much cheaper than the bigger shops prices. Score for Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I got one as a present for my 21st, it's nice but I find the bracelet is always catching in the hairs on your arm (I'm not some hairy freak if that's what ye're thinking but I don't shave my arms) other than that they're pretty nice I think! Maybe hint to anyone that'll listem that you'd like one rather than buying it yourself? Also, the one I have closes with this kind of clip thing that says PANDORA around it but it'd be tricky to open if you don't have long nails.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭pookie82

These bracelets seem like hideously overpriced toy jewellery tack to me. When they're almost full I think they look really cheap. The only decent ones I've seen are those with only a couple of charms on them - if you drown the bracelet it looks tacky.

Still reeling at the prices though. Such a fad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Seriously tacky IMO.
    Maybe if I was a child i'd see the appeal of charm bracelets..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I hadn't heard of these until a few weeks ago. They are not something I'd like myself.

Jewellery isn't something I'd buy for someone, unless I was 100% sure they'd like the particular piece. Similar to perfume, these things can be very divisive, as you can see from the thread. Just don't spend all that money wihtout being sure first.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

d18ET wrote: »
    Just found Pandora type charm bracelets and charms in little shop called Happy Days in Temple Bar (Crown Alley). Much cheaper than the bigger shops prices. Score for Christmas!

You can get pandora style charms/beads in a lot of places that sell beads for as cheap as €3/4. Although I havent seen them in Ireland, only in the UK. Some of the charms were much much prettier than the pandora ones, its ridiculous the amount they charge for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Is there a good online source for these Braclets.
    A genuine seller, not copies - I'll be needing to get one for xmas as a pressie.

Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

nice jewellery when it first came out = but now its everywhere and with other companies doing copies its just lost its appeal !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭hornyfemale

Nicest Charm Bracelets in the world are those from Tiffany's. I know they are more expensive but far superior quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

eth0_ wrote: »
    Seriously tacky IMO.
    Maybe if I was a child i'd see the appeal of charm bracelets..
    Have you only seen the ones made up with all coloured beads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Good source anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

The Pandora braclets are ok, but they can be a little bit tacky looking. If it's for someone special, you can't beat a Links of London Sweetie bracelet.

http://www.linksoflondon.com/online-shop/women/sweetie-collection/291-sweetie-bracelet-medium

They are pricey, but they are really beautiful and the thing about them is, they look really good with just one or two charms.

Perfect gift would be one of these braclets with one meaningful charm. You can add more charms as time goes by. I think you can buy generic charms and they will also fit, as the Links charms are about £45.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I got one for my 30th this year and i love it. Id never heard of Pandora jewellery up until then. I got 6 charms and it looks lovely. Im terrible with losing and breaking jewellery but the Pandora stuff is pretty and robust enough for everyday wear which is the best part.Theyre not for everyone though, so if your GF is a sparkly jewellery (the fancy stuff as i call it :D) wearer i wouldnt recommend these.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭derek2222_ie

would it be cheaper to buy these in the UK. I am heading to Glasgow at the end of the month and will get one over there if it is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I saw a notice up in my gym from a user who had lost her Pandora bracelet. From the picture, I thought it was something like a bracelet you'd find in a lucky dip bag (so I reckoned she was looking for it due to sentimental value).

Didn't realise that they were proper/pricey jewellery.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ciara.smilie

If you have time to go on line and shop try here: http://www.pandoracharms.eu/en/hot/new/

The charms are done to fit on most charm braclets and are alot cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭lobber

Just a note to anyone thinking of buying a pandora bracelet with charms;

Don't think they are cheaper in the north!!! I got one recently for my girlfriend which I thought was a reasonable price. I was passing one of the Argento stalls in Liffey Valley and priced up the same and it was over €50 cheaper in Liffey.

Sickening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Is it me or is this turning into a tacky trend?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Not just you.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

I had a look in Argento in Blanchardstown they have large booth upstairs. Pricey was my opinion. I looked in Fields at the Pandoro range too and again way pricey. I think these are going to be a fad, will wait and see.

In the meantime going to get my eldest daughter a 'Newbridge' sterling silver one (basic bracelet is 30 euro kids size/45 adult size, and its 45 for a set of four charms). Not as sexy as Pandoro/Agento but more in my budget so thats the decider for me.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MacDuffer

I'm looking to buy one of these Pandora bracelets for my GF and seeing some of earlier posts I have begun to have my doubts but I am still interested in peoples opinions on then now that some time has passed.

I wanted to have something meaningfull for her this Christmas and I felt that this might be the way to go.

But are they still worth it? Is there a greater selection of charms out there now that they have been out a while?

and one last question...

Where in Dublin City would they have the best selection.

Advertisement