Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 12 Week Blow Dry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Can we get back to the discussion of the 12 week blow dry please or I will have to close this thread. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Shello-Jello

Couldn't agree more janeybabe! :D

How is everyone who had the treatment finding it since they had it done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭jackira

jackira you must work in that business to,i guess. This company sells to proffessional only (it says on the first site of theyre website).

Which company are you talking about? I take it you get it from the company that i mentioned with the link? Cause if you have a salon yourself you must know they are not the only company around that sells this product, and this company willl ship to a private address, i know people that have purchased it from them who are not i the business.

But anyway. If people get that stuff and wanna do it at home fine with me.the only thing i have to say that you can get cought at costumes.

I take it you mean customs, how do you get caught exacetly? There's nothing illegal in buying this product. What even shipping company you use will charge you when they deliver or you collect, what ever the taxes are.

so if you add up all the things you need (the shampoo which you use before,the treatment, the shampoo and cond for after which you HAVE to use otherwise you wash it out pretty much straight away,tax,costumes,delivery....) than it is more than 170 euro.

Ok sorry i'll admit i was a little out lets say the clarifying shampoo before the treatment, plus a bottle of the shampoo and conditioner afterwards were talking about and i'm being very generous here €200!!!! And you get get at the min 10 treatments. Even at your salon 10 treatments would cost €1200. Yes your prices are cheaper but still a bloody good mark up for you dont you think????

it could be messy at home and also if people get the one with the aldehyde in it could cause very bad allergic reactions if they use it the wrong way

Oh please send me a link where you got this information....cause there is no scientific proof of this!!! Thats like 10 years ago when mobile phone first came out they said having a mobile phone will give you cancer.... How exacetly would they use it in the wrong way?? Even the most dopeyest ( is that even a word? ) of person isn't going to eat it or stick it in their eye!!

so if you are in the business i find it very irresponsible to post such comments with doing it at home.

Weather i am in the business or not has nothing to do with it. I dont feel the need to advertise myself. There are many poor souls out there who haven't been blessed with straight hair, me being one of them, so i know what a pain in the bum it is. And they dont have pockets that go on and on that can afford this treatment. Same with colouring get a bottle and do it at home, or pay an arm and a leg to get it at the salon.

Since you have a salon and you know the process you cant seriously tell me that it's difficult to do. Cause it's not brain surgery. As i have already said to people it can be tricky but if you have a friend help you, you can do it just as good as what any salon can.

Aswell i do think that 120 euro (incl a bottle of shampoo and conditioner) is a fair price.

Compared to other places yes its a good price? Is that for all hair or is that your bottom end of the price range.

quote]

jackira, do not post again unless you are going to talk about the treatment itself. That goes for you too hoshi (and everyone else), so do not respond to jackira's post. If you wish to discuss it further, take it to PM.

The next person to post who isn't just talking about the treatment itself will get an infraction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭jackira

sorry I didn't see your post untill after I had posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

I am very, very interested in this 12 week treatment. I am not a hairdresser. Before I invest I wished to do some research as I dont' want my frizzy mop damaged by chemicals. I came across boards.ie for the 1st time which provides a great service via google. I was looking for advice and suggestions.
    However when I came across the exact same text advocating a certain place in i.venus, boards.ie and the wedding one, I was simply wondering. By no means did I intend to offend - not my intention. Besides the moderator would have pulled it, if so,. END

Anyhoo, there's a few in Cork that do it and one said that you would be better off getting highlights if required the same day as the keratin treatment.
    I intend getting my highlights done by my fine local hairdresser tomorrow as she is a fraction of the price of a city based hairdresser and besdies the local ones do a mighty job. Therefore I do recogise that cheaper prices do not equal an inferior/bad job!

I'm off wondering again - should highlights be got the same day.

Sorry for rambling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hoshi

what colours are you getting done?????

Thank you Hoshi for taking the time to reply.
    I'm getting caramel and blonde highlights and the local hairdresser in Cork is great. But she doesn't do the 12 week blowdry.
    Also hair is an unruly mop!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

PcAngel wrote: »
    I am very, very interested in this 12 week treatment. I am not a hairdresser. Before I invest I wished to do some research as I dont' want my frizzy mop damaged by chemicals. I came across boards.ie for the 1st time which provides a great service via google. I was looking for advice and suggestions.
    However when I came across the exact same text advocating a certain place in i.venus, boards.ie and the wedding one, I was simply wondering. By no means did I intend to offend - not my intention. Besides the moderator would have pulled it, if so,. END

Anyhoo, there's a few in Cork that do it and one said that you would be better off getting highlights if required the same day as the keratin treatment.
    I intend getting my highlights done by my fine local hairdresser tomorrow as she is a fraction of the price of a city based hairdresser and besdies the local ones do a mighty job. Therefore I do recogise that cheaper prices do not equal an inferior/bad job!

I'm off wondering again - should highlights be got the same day.

Sorry for rambling.

Hi yes it is ok to get your hi-lites done the same day as the keratin treatment..your only problem would be you could be in the salon for 6 hours getting both done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I know your supposed to have a special shampoo after u have the treatment. I was given a kerastase shampoo does this sound right

• Advertisement

foodaholic wrote: »
    I know your supposed to have a special shampoo after u have the treatment. I was given a kerastase shampoo does this sound right

It all depends on which Kerastase shampoo you were given........but the rule of thumb is if it contains Sodium Chloride dont use it as this strips away the Keratin in the treatment

its the Bain Divalent (system iso-balance) one. the hairdresser told me to use it after the treatment. it does have sodium chloride its in no7 on the list of ingredients.

its the Bain Divalent (system iso-balance) one. the hairdresser told me to use it after the treatment. it does have sodium chloride its in no7 on the list of ingredients.

They really should not have given you that shampoo as the chloride does strip away the keratin

i have just been on 2 websites that make these and here are their answers

15. What shampoos should I use after getting the treatment?
    It’s best to use our Keratin Biopolymer containing shampoo products since they are specifically formulated for these types of treatments, and are sodium chloride and sulfate free.

What shampoo must be used before and after the treatment?

Before the treatment, we recommend using KeraStraight Pre-Treatment Cleanser and after the treatment, use KeraStraight Straight Maintain Shampoo & KeraStraight Straight Maintain Conditioner. These products are Sodium Chloride free (which would strip the Keratin from the hair) and help to maximise the longevity of KeraStraigh

I would stop using it and go back to salon and ask for a diff shampoo

I just rang them and the said that it is the correct shampoo, while it does contain sodium chloride it is the lowest level contained in the shampoos on the market

I just rang them and the said that it is the correct shampoo, while it does contain sodium chloride it is the lowest level contained in the shampoos on the market

Well you can only take their advice then.................i would be interested to see how long your 12 week blowdry lasts...and then maybe next time use a non sodium chloride shampoo and see if there is a difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lily2009

Hi Shello, just wondering do u have the phone number for that salon in shrule? I cant find it anywhere! plus, how is ur hair now, does it still look as good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chatnoir

i got the 12 wk blow dry done sat in the salon in mayo. pm me and ill forward you the details. luckily, i ignored all the hype here about this salon advertising etc (as it was immature-people were also inadvertantly advertising all those salons in dublin but that wasnt mentioned) i was delighted with the process, i havent washed my hair out yet so cant quite comment yet on how well it worked in my hair. but i do realise that everyones hair is different and it will turn out differently for everyone. ill keep ye posted tho.

i was mainly worried about it being very greasy but its not too bad at all and can wash it out tomorrow nite. the hardest part is leaving it down, i keep wanting to tie it up! the price was brilliant - for that you also get great personal attention, its only you and the hairdresser so you have privacy too, and a big bottle of shampoo and conditioner to use after. bargain :D i would highly recommend this place (not sure now if im allowed say that but hoping I can) and I have no links at all to this place Im just a very happy customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 chatnoir

I dont want to get off the topic as i know its not allowed but seriously what is going on with this thread?!! :eek: i dont see anyone else complaining about people giving details for all the other salons mentioned, it is really unfair. luckily, i ignored all this when i went ahead with my appointment. i have NO connections to this place, im just a happy customer like the girl before me. i just wanted to show i wasnt the only happy customer and i was going to say nothing originally but felt it really unfair to be bashing a place :mad:

back to the subject at hand (where it should have stayed). i did a lot of reasearch before i decided to get it done. i felt it would be a costly mistake if it didnt work. and i wanted to make sure it would be chemical free. i got the global keratin product put in as it was the only true chemical free one i was comfortable with. i have to wash it out tomorrow night so Ill let ye know how it goes. and i will be honest. i personally feel that the results will vary from hair to hair as ive read so many conflicting reports on its success. my advice is do your research well, and if cost is an issue pay only what you feel you can (in case it doesnt work aswell as you thought it would) also they should include the shampoo and conditioner as these do need to be sodium chloride free. im no expert on this procedure im just sharing my experience and opinion. only for others doing the same i wouldnt have the knowledge i have, and anyone can pm me about the PROCEDURE, i will reply to the best i can (i am a normal person not a hairdresser or advertiser!) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ncobrien86

Hey guys,

The Adoré salon on Oliver Plunkett St in Cork is now doing the 12 week blow dry! I didnt believe how good it was until my friend got it done in there, so now im booked in for next week and can't wait!

their phone number is 021-4270031. I HIGHLY recommend it this salon anyways, I've been going there years!! they're a one-stop shop! Hair and beauty under one roof! Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

ncobrien86 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

The Adoré salon on Oliver Plunkett St in Cork is now doing the 12 week blow dry! I didnt believe how good it was until my friend got it done in there, so now im booked in for next week and can't wait!

their phone number is 021-4270031. I HIGHLY recommend it this salon anyways, I've been going there years!! they're a one-stop shop! Hair and beauty under one roof! Love it!

How much does it cost in Adore?

• Advertisement

chatnoir wrote: »
    I dont want to get off the topic as i know its not allowed

If you know it's not allowed then why did you do it? If you hadn't brought it back on topic you would have been infracted. Don't do it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lmbunny9

i know Envy Hairdressing does it too but its fairy expensive. I have straight hair but alway run the straightener over it, it would be handy to have something that lasted 12 weeks but if its chemical straightening i wouldnt touch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Patti D.

Hi all, could someone PM me the phone number of the salon in Shrule. Thanks in advance;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

just had my 2 nd 12 week blow dry done today. 1 st one was done in dublin, dylan bradshaw. delighted to find i could get it done in cork and so went to origin today. drawbridge st. paid 180 euro . i have short hair, that includes shampoo and conditioner, plus a blw dry on monday. pretty good i think. looks so straight now but cant touch it til mon.
    last treatment worked out well . lasted about 9 weeks i d say. then went mad curly again:)

Thanks Curly,
    I queried a hairsalon across from the Opera House (cork) when I was getting my blowdry and they told me 250 plus 30 for the followups. I have hair almost down to my shoulders = 280. Please let us know how you get on with your 2nd in Cork! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

Just back from the hairdressers and was asking my hairdresser if she has heard of this and what she thought of it.

She was saying that they were looking into bringing into their salon but she's actually quite weary about it. She was telling me that despite popular belief, there is actually chemicals in this product and so it will be damaging to your hair. They were in contact with a guy who has researched these products for the past couple of years (as it's been doing the rounds in America) and that there are two different versions you can by. One, it has been discovered, can actually be cancerous! The other she said was safer...but it is still chemically damaged and you have to use the speical shampoo and conditioner with it.

She said she'd seen the results of someone with it done and that it definitely did improve the managibility of the hair but she said she would be concerned about someone getting it more than once, that after two or three times it could really start to wreck your hair.

I would really trust the opinion of my hairdresser...and especially since she wasn't trying to sell it to me...so just a warning. Oh and for the DIYers, she said be very very careful with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

Yenwod wrote: »
    She said she'd seen the results of someone with it done and that it definitely did improve the managibility of the hair but she said she would be concerned about someone getting it more than once, that after two or three times it could really start to wreck your hair.

Gosh, I'm really surprised at that. Is it definitely the same keratin treatment that they are doing in all the hairdressers? My aunt is on her 4th treatment now in a year and a half and her hair is in fantastic condition. Even at the end of the 12 weeks before she gets the next one done its in great condition but takes longer to dry it. I'm about to get my second one done now but hope its not bad for my hair in the long term.
    Yenwod wrote: »
    The other she said was safer...but it is still chemically damaged and you have to use the speical shampoo and conditioner with it.

The reason you use the sulphate free shampoo and conditioner is because the sulphate in normal products strips the keratin from your hair so it wouldn't last as long. It has nothing to do with your hair been damaged. No shampoo or conditioner could stop chemical damage thats already been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

went into origin to day to have my hair washed as i hadnt touched it since the product went in on fri. looks great and feels nice and soft. im in the clear for about 1o-12 weeks i hope:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Hi guys!

ok got this done last Friday, washed it out this morning. Usually it takes 45mins to dry and straighen my hair, this morning it took 10, I still had to run the GHD thru it but literally divide it 3 times, 5 mins it was straight. It looks far better like this as well. before it took so much time with the GHD that it just looked dead and too straight if you know what I mean, very happy now just hope it will last the 3 months.

only thing I will say is if you find your hair hard to brush when wet this is going to be torture! dont go in thinking it will be a nice way to spend 3 hours - it is agony! I know it isnt like that for most people but if your hair is very tangled when wet it will be sore. I usually cant brush my hair without a lof of hassle unless I have conditioned it well and used 2phase. Getting this done the hair was just shampooed so was just in a ball on my head and so sore getting it brushed.

besides that it is so worth it and all this crap about the girl in shrule is just silly, she is lovely and very good. I met her for the first time on Friday!:D

any questions just ask!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lily2009

Well I heard so much about this 12 week blow dry that I had to do it! I heard so much jealous and bad minded remarks on this about the hairdressers in shrule, so I thought Id call them myself and make an appointment. As any other place I called were charging €300 I was delighted to find out that this hairdressers were only charging €120 -(which included shampoo&conditioner). I went on Saturday and I have never met a nicer person! She was so professional and a great hair dresser. The whole treatment took about 3 hours and I washed it out today and my hair is fantastic! As my hair is bleached blonde it was very dry and would always look broken. After I washed it, usually it would take at least 40 minutes to blow dry it and then I would have to straighten it. However, I washed it this evening, I blast dried 70% of it and left the rest dry naturally and it looks like I came out of a hairdressers! Its fantastic. This hairdressers is as good if not better then any other place that is offering this treatment- the only difference is its half the price! Ill defo be going back in 12 weeks for my next treatment!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement