Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone - Beware if travelling Abroad.

• 13-03-2020 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I have just received my Vodafone bill €180.29. after returning from holidays in Europe - Spain and Skiing and Andorra. I have received lots of charges for incoming calls and Data at €60.00 - for 9mb (yes mb not GB of data) when my data was switched on for 10minutes! (Thank goodness there was a cap on this usage or I don’t know what they would have charged!!)
    When I phoned to query the call charges the person said my phone had connected to a Satellite because there was no phone coverage and that is why it was so high! I have an iPhone NOT a satellite phone. It shows lots of incoming calls from 0123 for 0min 1sec @ €1.64 - he said it must be hoax phone calls from a UK number that I had answered - completely untrue as I never answered or even received the calls at the time stated and in there is nothing in my call records either.
    A manager rang back but were just as unhelpful - there website is very confusing as on the page for Andorra is states their rates but also says:
    *In Europe, Vodafone customers can use their full allowance of calls, texts and data exactly like they would at home“. As Andorra is in Europe I presumed my free roaming abroad would cover me as it did when travelling abroad before. The manager says that is the charges that Andorra implement - yet Eir charge 2c per MB not €6.99 per MB. I want to make people aware of these ridiculous charges for roaming and their SCAM to charge for calls that were never received - that Vodafone are insisting I pay. I have been with Vodafone for 20 years but WON’T be renewing my contract with them following their awful customer care and lies they have told me (satellite Calls and Incoming Calls from 0123)
    I will pay the bill as I don’t believe I have any alternative but will leave them ASAP.
    Has anyone else had these ridiculous charges or calls showing from 0123 that you never received?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Andorra is not in the EU, so it is not covered by the EU roaming

The line about roaming in the EU shows up on all countries, however, only the EU countries have lines with the asterix beside the rates

• Registered Users Posts: 38 tdmci

jahalpin wrote: »
    Andorra is not in the EU, so it is not covered by the EU roaming

The line about roaming in the EU shows up on all countries, however, only the EU countries have lines with the asterix beside the rates

On their page when you check Andorra it says at both the top and bottom of the page
    “In Europe, Vodafone customers can use their full allowance of calls, texts and data exactly like they would at home.”
    It DOES NOT SAY EU it says Europe and Andorra is indeed in Europe. They need to amend this to say in some European countries - as it is NOT all countries in Europe or else say when travelling within the EU. I feel this is inaccurate and misleading.

Advertisement