Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parcel delivered with outstanding VAT

Options
  • 26-02-2020 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I received a parcel from outside the EU yesterday that had about 40 quid Vat due plus the 10er An Post fee. What's unusual is that An Post delivered the package but didn't collect the VAT. All the paperwork is on the package about how to pay so I'll do that anyway because I'd imagine an post/revenue will contact me, but I thought the postman would collect it?

Thanks,

Griff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Hi all,

I received a parcel from outside the EU yesterday that had about 40 quid Vat due plus the 10er An Post fee. What's unusual is that An Post delivered the package but didn't collect the VAT. All the paperwork is on the package about how to pay so I'll do that anyway because I'd imagine an post/revenue will contact me, but I thought the postman would collect it?

Thanks,

Griff

Ask your postman whatd the craic with the vat? Did you use address pal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Car99 wrote: »
    Ask your postman whatd the craic with the vat? Did you use address pal ?

I might just leave it and see what happens. Didn't use addresspal or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

When I had outstanding VAT on a parcel, I had to pay the postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Postman just forgot to collect what's due - more than likely. :)

Mr.S wrote: »
    This has happened a few times with me with couriers / AnPost - they will deliver the package as normal and then invoice the duty amount outstanding and expect payment after delivery.

Doesn't seem to follow any sort of pattern. Where you home?

No I was in work and told him to leave it somewhere through the Ring doorbell. Should I be expecting an invoice? Or just pay the one that was taped to the box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Never heard of this before, are you certain it was an post and not a courier?

rubadub wrote: »
    Never heard of this before, are you certain it was an post and not a courier?

100%. It was my usual postman

Advertisement