Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Track ID

• 31-03-2020 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

Feel free to move this to a different forum but it struck me the people most likely to be in the know would be here.
    I came across this print today while walking the dog and I figured you guys would be able to shed some light on it.
    It's as big as a cows track but the shapes way off any cow track I've ever seen but it's way way bigger than any deer track I've ever laid eyes on too. What do you reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

any red deer in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Where was this ?

J.R. wrote: »
    any red deer in the area?

Personally I only ever seen fallow until 2 weeks ago when I seen 4 sitka all together.
    I'm on the roscommon sligo border and I presumed all the reds were down south.
    In the nineties some French hunters used to release young deer not too far away from here to harvest in the following years, but God knows if they were able to get reds or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I shoot reds in Roscommon within a hours drive of Mayo / Sligo border. Some of those boys grow very, very big.

507772.jpg

Look at the comparison of human hands and hooves. I shot and seen bigger then the one pictured. They can grow quite large in lowland areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Richard308

100% a red. Have seen bigger

Bloody hell that's an eye opener, I had no idea we had animals that big up this way. That's like something off meat eater! Cheers lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

just a very large red deer,

Advertisement