Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Newstalk: 'Lunchtime Live' with Andrea Gilligan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Andrea's back talking about 'defibulators' again today. Why on earth does a presenter on national radio not know how to say defibrillator? She's very amateurish. Would do grand for some of the local radio stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,742 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

If we banned cars from beaches, we would have no fun videos of asshats getting stuck with the tide coming in.

I've never seen another country where it was ok to drive on and park up on a beach.

Your one raging about language on soaps, back to first world problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Straight out of the late 80s. Was bizarre to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Pay a visit to Daytona if you get a chance! It's positively encouraged there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What do you think listeners? Text me in there

That just about sums up every one of these shows

The craziest state in the land of crazy.

'Merica. *eye roll*

Losing the will listening to this bilge!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭millb

she reminds me of a 3 year old - what's your favourite colour?

"what's your second favourite colour?" Text me listeners -

• Registered Users Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Some guy called Shane standing for Andrea today. The first male presenter in that slot since George Hook got "cancelked" a good few years back, as far as I know..

The show format is terrible and I'm not sure who could save it but today's host is an upgrade on Andrea

• Advertisement

Adrian Kennedy has done that slot loads of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Good point!

How could I forget Adrian Kennedy?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Dr Karl

It was the early morning newsreader Shane Beatty filling in on Friday. Was he on Kildare local radio prior to Newstalk? Did I mishear, just before the 1 o clock news he mentioned about dealing with your bored children during the summer holidays. Was it a pre record meant for the summer? I only heard a bit and there was talk about a cyclepath thru a graveyard. Wasn't that in the news earlier this year?

No it was live. That graveyard proposal is only recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Duggie2012

How is this allowed to be the lunchtime show on a National radio station. Absolute fluff everyday. Its amazing how some presenters can get jobs. Switched on today and ots a segment about re wilding the concrete at Leinster House. I mean FFS you couldnt make it up. Do the bosses not listen everyday? Quickly move the dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

I was the same....the list of things she intended to discuss was pure drivel. Local radio content on a national radio station.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,935 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

they must have her on job bridge wages , the only explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mohat Mogeansai

Ah , this old chestnut , a campaign to outlaw teenage rudeness

scangers under 18 have immunity from any sort of repercussions no matter now much pearl clutching and desk thumping goes on

Not a day to be listening to Andrea if you’re a Honda Civic revv-ing , boy racing , inner city scumbag who can’t stand Margot Robbie

Ah come on , IVF and Coldplay , giving Ray Darcy a run for his muesli with this Soccer Mom nonsense

• Advertisement

So if these wagons wants the kids to have their surname , the father can stop paying paying for the kid

Bloody hell , these guys sounds like they spend this cash on Monster flavoured double espressos

No wonder I’m the only one here when Andrea rolls out a parade of Moaning Mudders .

Ah here lads , enough already with the parade of mothers complaining that everyone else isn’t paying for everything for their kids. You don’t get a big book of blank cheques just because your a parent

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭monstermag

George Hook was great on the radio. He was great craic. Remember when radio was a bit of craic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭tesla_newbie

Is Andrea a bit thick ?, she chaired a discussion yesterday about the possibility of teaching school children about “ trans “ issues , the caller in decks were as you’d expect stacked with career trans activists or people who were bursting with enthusiasm about it , a few callers who opposed it referred to how “ a large percentage of children with gender dysphoria are autistic “

Andrea nearly fell off her chair with indignation at the notion that this might be true and fairly robustly ( by her vanilla standards ) poured scorn on the callers contribution

the dogs in the street know that gender dysphoria is a lot more common amongst autistic children yet this was a big revelation to our Ballyshannon host ?

Andrea is very very good on political and current affairs issues.

She is lost at sea on everything else. I'll never forget when she was speaking to someone who had lost someone to a serious illness and she asked something as banal as "and did it really upset you when they passed away?".

I also find that she struggles to pivot on the spot if something goes wrong the way others like Ciara Kelly or Moncrieff would.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Poor Andrea struggling to understand the popularity of Trad music after the Wolfe Tonnes gig at Electric Picnic.

Andreas slide into Liveline continues , tears and the misery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

She's more than a bit thick. I heard that 'discussion' very lopsided and she clearly did zero research on the subject. Her disbelief about the autism connection really betrayed her ignorance

Advertisement