Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mick Clifford Podcast

• 13-09-2019 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭

This was mentioned in the Eamon Dunphy thread already, but Mick Clifford has started his own podcast. Currently it's on soundcloud at https://soundcloud.com/mickcliffordpodcast, and the 2nd episode was released today. I've listened to the first and it was very interesting, so might be useful to have a thread on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Oh, and I meant to say - I'm using pocketcasts and couldn't find the podcast, so added it manually using this link: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:694497083/sounds.rss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

dulpit wrote: »
    Oh, and I meant to say - I'm using pocketcasts and couldn't find the podcast, so added it manually using this link: http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:694497083/sounds.rss

How did you manually add the RSS to Pocketcasts? Had a look and don't see how, but would like to have Mick's podcast in my Pocketcasts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Genghis wrote: »
    How did you manually add the RSS to Pocketcasts? Had a look and don't see how, but would like to have Mick's podcast in my Pocketcasts

Copy the url directly into the search in pocketcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Copy the url directly into the search in pocketcasts.

Thank you, that worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,251 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

2nd episode is an interview with 2 Americans who trespassed on Shannon airport's runway last March. They are now not able to leave Ireland while court case is pending, one is in late 70s and the other is early 80s.

I don't remember hearing much about them when it happened, but interesting interview by Mick. Well worth a listen in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Always liked Mick Clifford so will give this a listen at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Playing catchup on this.

One of the recent episodes is well worth a listen. It's on the buildings regulations point he discussed on Dumphy's podcast.

He tells the story of two people who died in the Verdemont complex and how the building regulations played their part in this.

I've a lot of time for Mick Clifford as a journalist. He identifies stories that matter and that need to be told, even if they are not part of the news agenda.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 PodcastReview

Big fan of Mick.

Huge respect for his work with Maurice McCabe.

Hopefully the slow and steady method will prove successful for this podcast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

God that interview he did with the pro Trump guy from Maynooth University was a bloodbath. Very embarrassing for Mick, I'm actually surprised he put it out. The guest was constantly correcting him and interrupting him. Mick was guilty of not really doing a lot of research, and he was at a huge knowledge advantage, which his guest exploited on almost every anti Trump point that he made. It's worth a listen just for the uncomfortable-ness of it!

Advertisement