Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Douglas Adam leap of fantasy would you like to see IRL ?

• 28-03-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭

*blows dust off forum*

Apart from the Babel fish, and The Thumb what inspired lunacy from h2g2 would you like to see IRL ?

For me, it would have to be ... Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses

Like this :cool:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,002 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hmmm, I'm sure I replied to this the other day, wonder where it went......?

Anyway, 'In These Difficult Times' it would be great if leaves were to be made legal tender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Pan galactic gargle blaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Restaurant at the end of the Universe...back log of reservations for that could be lengthy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I reckon I'd like a DeepThought as my desktop, at least the dimensional sliver of it that will comfortably occupy my Desktop, or, maybe if I could network up to it, from my PC and PS3, hmmmm.....

That and an 09 Heart of Gold ship, nice, maybe get one in white, with the gold trim!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I want one of those booths that you put a coin in and it sobers you up instantly!! Very handy for all night parties! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 frizz

apart from that does anyone agree that the first zaphod was better than the second...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

yea, thought the recent movie was a pile of poo..... the ending was rubbish and TOTALY missed the point of the origanal story.... RIPDA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Actually, I only watched the movie again last week (on Blu-Ray). Enjoyed it far more the second time around. The commentary is great on it too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I'd like to see the shoe event horizon take us out of the economic slump (and into the air).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

yea, thought the recent movie was a pile of poo..... the ending was rubbish and TOTALY missed the point of the origanal story.... RIPDA

There was a point to the original story? Was it not an idea that Douglas Adams came up with when drunk in Innsbrook (or wherever) and it snowballed from there? I remember reading somewhere that he often finished a script while they were recording that same episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Yea but they recreated the world!

I alway took the 'moral' to be that we are tiny in the bigger scheme of things and if we only knew what really was out there we would realise this. Instead the new movie put the earth and humans back in the centre with the sun rotating around us.

Very very dissapointed...

Yea but they recreated the world!

I alway took the 'moral' to be that we are tiny in the bigger scheme of things and if we only knew what really was out there we would realise this.

If, which I dispute, there is a point, it is that after seeing a large part of the universe, what people really need is a good stiff drink.
    Instead the new movie put the earth and humans back in the centre with the sun rotating around us.

Very very dissapointed...

Yes, but Zoey Deschanel is in it. I think you fail to grasp that fundamental aspect of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭stevoslice

i would definitely like a thing that your aunt gave you that you don't know what it does.

that would be groovy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I put a euro in an (as yet unnamed) Irish bank a few years back then arrived at Milliways (a few billions years hence) with family in tow hoping for a good nosh up and a show.

Not only could I not settle the bill but I was implicated in the fall of the Altairian dollar. I was lucky to get off with 10 years down the Chalesm ion mines. It was nearly the redoing of me. You'd be better off leaving your euros under Zem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

I don't think it ever featured in books but it's definitely in the movie (which I admit, I rather enjoyed!), I would kill for a point of view gun. AFAIR, Douglas Adams wrote the movie too so it still counts!

I would love to go to the restaurant at the end of the universe and I would absolutely love to meet the great prophet Zarquon!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Again, only from the film, I'd love that little light saber knife that toasts bread as you cut it. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

takola wrote: »
    I would kill for a point of view gun.
    So would most moderators on boards :D

/sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Steve wrote: »
    So would most moderators on boards :D

/sigh

You couldn't use it! It only works for women using it on men which is what makes it invaluable! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I'd be quite happy with a Babelfish!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

I'd be quite happy with a Babelfish!
    They only work for atheists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

What about agnostics? What I would like would be a kindle device with lots of vogon poetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Random's Sub-Etha TV thing implanted in her hand.

It's pretty much an iPod Touch implanted in your hand, except it has Flash Player. So it's still in the realms of fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭prq

Vogon poetry? :D

Advertisement