Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalin

• 03-12-2008 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Hope this is in the right place, does anybody know where i might find a translation for the words under this stalin propoganda poster
    thanks
    350px-Poster08.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are a number of Russian speakers in this thread who I'm sure could translate it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Beloved Stalin - Happines of the Nation :cool:

Don't know if I have it correctly, my Russian speaking skills are getting very rusty.
    Would you let us know what the native speakers have to say about it? Please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭McArmalite

rich87 wrote: »
    Hope this is in the right place, does anybody know where i might find a translation for the words under this stalin propoganda poster
    thanks
    350px-Poster08.jpg
    " Don't know why your cheering because your all off to the Gulag "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 rich87

Thanks folks, posted it in the russian thread on the langauge forum hope to get a response. The google translator wont work for me as i cant type it in in the original russian

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 rich87

FiSe wrote: »
    Beloved Stalin - Happines of the Nation :cool:

Don't know if I have it correctly, my Russian speaking skills are getting very rusty.
    Would you let us know what the native speakers have to say about it? Please

got this from a native russian speaker from another thread :

it will sound something like that:
    "Loved Stalin - is people's happiness!"
    or
    "Favorite Stalin - national happiness!"
    Enjoy!

Advertisement