Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ive not really got stuck into this yet, played a bit on and off over the last few days, done the first dungeon but ive not feeling any love toward this setting at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Same here. Been jumping between character trying to find a main, but i think i just don't really enjoy the game anymore. Either that or i'm just a bit burned out after playing it a decent amount before the expansion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive settled on marksman hunter as main.
    They have worked wonders with this spec and its great fun to play in dungeons and Torghast.
    Out in the world doing world content i run with BM hunter for easy mode.

Torghast is my hope for keeping me playing along with mythic dungeons, so far Torghast is fun and i love the concept of infinite dungeon.
    Eventually i hope it will be a wow version of rifts and greater rifts in diablo3.

Im messing around with shadow priest and sub rogue too leveling them with the threads of fate feature which is great.
    It was raiding that kept me playing for so long until i just lost interest in raiding, my hope is solo content or small group content will keep me interested.
    It is 100% the most alt friendly and solo player friendly expansion yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Funnily enough, i went back to the Paladin and started really enjoying it again. Hit 60 today, though still haven't even started Revendreth. Looking forward to trying some of the end game systems, specifically Torghast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So ive done everything the game has to offer and it was a mixed bag.
    Leveling in the new zones was enjoyable enough.
    The Maw [so called endgame zone]is probably the worst thing they have added to the game ever, it is so bad,how did they think anyone would find it fun?
    Torghast whioch was my big hope to keep subbed is nothing more than a gimmick to farm your soul ash which is only part of what you need for your legendaries instead of random legendary drops.
    It was fun the first few times then got terribly repetitive very quickly.
    I got my week one legendary, completed two weeks of mythic lockouts and it was full of toxic little kiddies which is nothing new to wow.
    Ofcourse guild runs were 10x better, i really enjoyed them.
    The game is full of currencies for this for that, its gone stupid now.

The mythic dungeons while nice looking offer nothing new at all, only 8 in the game is not enough to keep me playing, thats only 4 hours play time per week at the most.
    Then they have the campaign time gated off and compulsory , fcuk that ****e.
    Its a shame as some of the classes play so much better than ever.
    The game is already seeing a massive drop off with most guilds struggling to form raid /mythic teams, twitch viewership dropped dramatically too [which always a good reflection on a games popularity]
    If your into raiding then yes it would be worth it.
    Overall i wont be staying subbed as ive no interest in raiding.

I started to level 2 alts then got to the point of why bother? It just didnt grab me but then the last two expansions failed to do so too, maybe im burned out.

• Advertisement

Been dipping in and out of Shadowland since launch. Almost lvl 60 and still in Ardenweald. Not into raiding or alts and only done a few starting dungeons. Will stay going until 3 month sub ends at end of Jan but id say at that stage ill be gone from wow again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

I'm loving Shadowlands so far! Just really into it after BFA got very monotonous. I think the timing of it has been a big thing for me. It's a time when we can't really go out and the social aspect of the game has been invaluable.

Myself and some friends have just set up a new casual raiding guild on Kazzak called "I Got Bills". There's 12 of us at the moment and we're clearing Nathria and M+ etc and generally having a laugh while we're in lockdown. We're currently looking for likeminded people to join us.

A few of us have kids and all have real life responsibilities that get in the way of WoW so it's all very laid back. We are currently raiding one night a week from 8.30pm Irish time and gearing up with M+ other nights, or doing fun things like achivement and mount hunting.

We're a mix of long term casual players, new players and veterans, some couples and a good mix of men and women. We're mostly Irish with a few Brits thrown in. We're not elitist in the slightest, our motto is "we'll wipe until we all get it" and we like to have a laugh at ourselves. Your dps, spec, experience and covenant are of little interest to us, if you're friendly, helpful and fun you'll fit right in. If you have never raided before or don't have much experience playing in a group, or you are just looking for a social guild and aren't interested in raiding that's totally fine.

Personally, I changed servers just before Shadowlands launched to play with some of these friends (I discovered by chance they play WoW!). Before that I had never raided and had barely done any dungeons, even on normal as I wasn't interested in how toxic playing with randoms can sometimes be and I lacked the confidence. Having a core group to play with has changed my WoW experience imeasureably and I'm having a blast. So if you are looking for fun people to play with send me a pm or look us up using the guild finder! Migration isn't necessary either, come join us for a few dungeons or a raid and see if you like what you see.

Resubbed, completely lost again after a two month break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The best way to progress is really to just follow the Covenant campaign quests.

Im done with warcraft again. Forgot to unsub so got 20 days left but have not logged on in a few days now and dont think I will. The Maw area is painfull and Torghast gets old quick imo. Did mess around a bit with classic though. Was wow that hard back when it was originally released? I cant remember. Its like a different game.

• Advertisement

Anyone playing any Warcraft these days???

Advertisement