Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dewpoints now on wow-ie

• 08-02-2020 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭

A while ago i wrote to Met eireann and asked if there was a possibility of adding dew points (because, you know - sneachta) to their WOW-IE page which shows reading from many official and unoffical weather stations including my own Loughlinstown.ie.

Joanne Walker wrote back to me and said she would look into it. She got back to me yesterday to say that its been added which is brillo for watching dew points in real time ahead of any snow that may show up at some point hopefully this winter.
    She also added that they are looking into web cam images however there are GDPR considerations there (if people show up on the images) so it may not happen.

We are lucky to have such a responsive meteorological service, tax money well spent in my opinion!

502189.png

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Fantastic news! I've often mentioned it to them too. You must have had a bit of charm with Joanne because she never wrote back to me! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Seems that only a few stations on that website are reporting dew points.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

This GDPR is a load of b...... What's the problem if somebody's on a met station webcam? I really don't know what the world's coming too...

On another ranting note, I can't get the site to display any values on either Chrome, EDGE or IE11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Can get them on 'Edge Chromium', but takes aeons to load. Practically unusable on phone, and the UK Met version is only marginally better.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

This GDPR is a load of b...... What's the problem if somebody's on a met station webcam? I really don't know what the world's coming too...

On another ranting note, I can't get the site to display any values on either Chrome, EDGE or IE11.

I thnk they may be making changes to the backend at the moment, I've found the page quite often failing to load too.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
Advertisement