Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motorhome Tourists not Welcome in County Roscommon

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭niloc1951

But have a look HERE and click on 'motor home' to see how a real céad míle fáilte is put on for us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

niloc1951 wrote: »
    But have a look HERE and click on 'motor home' to see how a real céad míle fáilte is put on for us

This is all very well but I doubt if the aire de services came into being overnight. To get things like that accepted takes time.

Also you have to consider the weather. Not many campervans are on the road through the winter months. Perhaps someone who belongs to one of the clubs could tell us how many (roughly) of the members are out all year round.
    And speaking of clubs, have they tried to persuade any councils to build one? I would think they have the numbers to carry some weight.

Please don't get me wrong, I would certainly welcome them through the summer (LOL) months but how many councils will build one just to have it very lightly used for so many months of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 norma.h

This is all very well but I doubt if the aire de services came into being overnight. To get things like that accepted takes time.

Also you have to consider the weather. Not many campervans are on the road through the winter months. Perhaps someone who belongs to one of the clubs could tell us how many (roughly) of the members are out all year round.
    And speaking of clubs, have they tried to persuade any councils to build one? I would think they have the numbers to carry some weight.

Please don't get me wrong, I would certainly welcome them through the summer (LOL) months but how many councils will build one just to have it very lightly used for so many months of the year.

Does anyone know how successful the aires in the North are?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭niloc1951

• Advertisement

niloc1951 wrote: »
    We're not welcome in Bundoran either

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/campervan-owner-fined-for-blocking-traffic-in-empty-carpark-29317440.html[/QUOTE]

What!!!. They welcome Daniel O'Donnel (or DFO'D as some people call him), yet they don't welcome us:confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Saw that yesterday
    One has to assume that theres more to the story that is being relayed?
    Atleast I hope theres alot more to the story :eek:

I wonder if there was a notice that read "No campervans"? although most car parks keep us out by having height barriers, that way there's no need of a notice.

If there's no notice or barriers then it's open season as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

That's really strange as there is a car park that welcomes camper vans in bundoran. There are signs on all routes into bundoran iirc

The link that niloc posted no longer works and I can't remember how the piece was worded, so have to assume there were wires crossed somewhere?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

The link that niloc posted no longer works and I can't remember how the piece was worded, so have to assume there were wires crossed somewhere?.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/campervan-owner-fined-for-blocking-traffic-in-empty-carpark-29317440.html

Link should work here

Thanks, link works now and now I remember.

I find this story very strange. A traffic warden going into an empty (apart from the camper) car park on a Sunday morning?.

I wonder if Mr Holloway (don't G.P's always use Dr not Mr?) thought to take a 'photo of the ticket on his vehicle and of the empty car park?.

As I said earlier, if there was a No Camper type sign then it would have been for contravening parking laws.

I'm inclined to take this story with a pinch of salt.

Advertisement