Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Green Cert done - no need to do sprayer course??

• 08-10-2015 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭

in the journal last week that anyone who did the GC from 94-2001 could be exempt from having to do the sprayer course

anybody know anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭john p mc g

50HX wrote: »
    in the journal last week that anyone who did the GC from 94-2001 could be exempt from having to do the sprayer course

anybody know anything about this?

I'm in middle of level 6 gc and we all had to do spraying course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Even though I did the green cert in 96-97 I not covered for the sprayer coarse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭lefthooker

I remember doing a sprayer module in kildalton during 98/99 so rang teagasc to enquire whether I was covered. They got the education officer in kildalton to send out a letter confirming I had completed the Pesticide Application Course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭50HX

lefthooker wrote: »
    I remember doing a sprayer module in kildalton during 98/99 so rang teagasc to enquire whether I was covered. They got the education officer in kildalton to send out a letter confirming I had completed the Pesticide Application Course

that's great thanks for that.

how did you manage with the agfood website then once you got the letter - did you still have to register?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

On a separate point while they are giving Nov 2015 this year as 'cut off' to do the Sprayer courses can anyone else see course been offered each year for the next while to include potential 'new entrants' and people who didnt get it done this year.

With work commitments I'm struggling to find days for it,already had to pull out of one course:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

On a separate point while they are giving Nov 2015 this year as 'cut off' to do the Sprayer courses can anyone else see course been offered each year for the next while to include potential 'new entrants' and people who didnt get it done this year.

With work commitments I'm struggling to find days for it,already had to pull out of one course:(

haven't done it either and have a boom sprayer that should be registered, but can seem to do it without having done the course

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Is the sprayer course a one off? Or does it have to be updated every few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭barnaman

Its a one off at the moment and is meant to last you for live (just like a driving licnce essentially) and you get a Licence number for pesticide/herbicide application once completed a course and you get registered. I am on Green course at moment and we are not doing a sprayer course but some lads at other Ag colleges have done the knapsack this year! Was told a couple months ago that no course yet for weed lickers or quadbike sprayers and that they are a grey area! (Thats from Teagasc).

Advertisement