Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hogs Head

• 21-03-2019 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Playing there soon and I've heard it's great

Anyone on here played it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Playing there soon and I've heard it's great

Anyone on here played it ?

It's OK only, played it once last summer and it is certainly not as good as the hype suggests. Don't get me wrong there are some very good holes but overall it's average enough. Beautiful setting though to be fair.

As a freebie it's fine but give me the place across town any day of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Had a munch in the restaurant there a couple of weeks ago, it is an awesome set up.

Looks like the interior designer was told to spend as much money as possible.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭YoTaro

What prices are the green fees?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Looks to me like it's set up to take spillage from Waterville and maybe Tralee/Ballybunion and of course the US tourist, no other reason to have such an expensive place so isolated

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

I understood it was setup by its new wealthy owners as a base primarily to entertain their wealthy international business clients and was not open for or did not encourage green fees. I passed it last year during summer and would have liked to call in to have a look but the automatic gate was closed and they were not keen on visitors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

There's a man in charge of security at the entrance now.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

YoTaro wrote: »
    What prices are the green fees?

Not sure exactly but you are talking close to €300 in memory serves me correctly. I mean if you look at Adare charging close to €400 and you take that as the benchmark as the best parkland in the country, the two courses wouldn't be that close in terms of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Advertisement