Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€70 for Cork Airport short term parking

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Kayleigh Spicy Marsh

Are there any promo codes for parking at the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,780 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

KevinCavan wrote: »
    No I didn’t prebook online. In my head long term was a week or more. Didn’t think the daily rate was so high in the short term car park.

You know they have prices advertised and displayed as does every single car park in the country. You can't say you didn't know.

How long are you supposed to park in short term for ideally?

A few hours

Ah come on the airport car park is pretty far down the list of stuff you prepare for when going on a holiday. The airport car park isn’t the part that fills me with excitement personally.

Ah car me on you whinge about the price of parking being more expensive than the flights....... So I bet you found the cheapest flights possible yet you did absolutely nothing in researching the price of parking at the airport or to see if a taxi would be cheaper.

You only have yourself to blame here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

I’ll say three Hail Mary’s and an Our Father and hopefully the parking pros on here will forgive me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Seve OB wrote: »
    ..... you whinge about the price of parking being more expensive than the flights..
    Well in fairness, he just made an observation rather than 'whinge on about' it. People often remark that their taxi/bus to the airport was more expensive than their flights.

OP - after I book flights, I always book car park next. And I don't necessarily go for the cheapest. In Dublin airport, some of the cheaper options are less convenient. Not worth it to save a few €uro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Sono

Some of the responses on here are embarrassing to say the least, people just love to stick the boot in and can’t help themselves.

Short term car park can be very handy even if it’s for a few days OP, if your flight is early and flying with kids it could make sense to park there and definitely if flying home late also, taxi to and from the airport can be pricey so when you weigh everything up it can be cost and time effective, have parked in Dublin short term car park for a week before and had no regrets about doing so, it was very helpful to us and whilst it was pricey it was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Acosta wrote: »
    Better off using www.corkairport.com . Same price and you can walk to and from your car. No need to wait for a bus.

Incorrect. CAPS are cheaper than all the 'official' car parks - closest in price is the Blue carpark but the bus from that is less frequent than CAPS. Plus the crew in CAPS are a sound bunch of lads who I'd prefer to give my money to. Use them all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Acosta

Incorrect. CAPS are cheaper than all the 'official' car parks - closest in price is the Blue carpark but the bus from that is less frequent than CAPS. Plus the crew in CAPS are a sound bunch of lads who I'd prefer to give my money to. Use them all the time.

That's fair enough if you're happy with their operation and want to continue to give them your custom, but you're just wrong about the prices. I've checked it for two days, a week, 10 days and 2 weeks and every time the blue car park is cheaper. I don't bother with the bus as it's a quick walk down to the terminal. Park near the exit and all you need to do is cross over the road and you're in the terminal. Plus there's no waiting around for a bus when you return late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Acosta wrote: »
    That's fair enough if you're happy with their operation and want to continue to give them your custom, but you're just wrong about the prices. I've checked it for two days, a week, 10 days and 2 weeks and every time the blue car park is cheaper. I don't bother with the bus as it's a quick walk down to the terminal. Park near the exit and all you need to do is cross over the road and you're in the terminal. Plus there's no waiting around for a bus when you return late at night.

I don't know where you're getting prices from but I'm booked into CAPS for the 1 - 5 April @ €25. It's €25.95 in Blue. Checked a few other combinations just there and CAPS was cheapest every time except for one. My most common booking - a UK overnight - is €10 at CAPS, it's €11.95 at Blue. And it may be a quick walk to the terminal, but it's an even quicker bus ride. Hey, makes no difference to me where anyone parks - but CAPS are almost always cheaper in my experience, and do a good job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Acosta

I don't know where you're getting prices from but I'm booked into CAPS for the 1 - 5 April @ €25. It's €25.95 in Blue. Checked a few other combinations just there and CAPS was cheapest every time except for one. My most common booking - a UK overnight - is €10 at CAPS, it's €11.95 at Blue. And it may be a quick walk to the terminal, but it's an even quicker bus ride. Hey, makes no difference to me where anyone parks - but CAPS are almost always cheaper in my experience, and do a good job.

Got the prices from Airport and Caps websites. Caps is €1.95 cheaper when you go into the second 24 period. Blue is still cheaper within 24 hours. A Euro or two either way isn’t going to make me change my routine anyway. And it is still cheaper for a week, 10 days and for 2 weeks. I’m usually gone at least a week. I like being able to swipe the card going in and out, park 2-3 minutes from the terminal and not having to speak to anyone.

I used caps once when someone else booked it and it was a fine service. I just didn’t enjoy the waiting for the bus when we returned when in that time period I could have walked up, got in and car and been out of the car park. But as you said, whatever you’re happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,897 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Rather than thinking short term and long term think short and long distance, you pay for the convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sono wrote: »
    Some of the responses on here are embarrassing to say the least, people just love to stick the boot in and can’t help themselves.

Short term car park can be very handy even if it’s for a few days OP, if your flight is early and flying with kids it could make sense to park there and definitely if flying home late also, taxi to and from the airport can be pricey so when you weigh everything up it can be cost and time effective, have parked in Dublin short term car park for a week before and had no regrets about doing so, it was very helpful to us and whilst it was pricey it was worth it.

I agree, I prebook Cork Short Term every time I fly for up to a week (which is frequent) as its both convenient & decent value. I've used CAPs once and they were fine, but it was lashing and I got soaked.

I'm flying next week and have entry to the short term on Monday lunchtime with exit on Friday afternoon for €39.95 so not gonna argue at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

What do these people expect? The privilege of free parking at the airport?

They can pay for the flight, they pay for the hotels, the food and the drink
    and whatever else they may require but f**k it having to pay for the parking of my car for a few days!

Stay local and support the local economy if you're that worked up about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭veryangryman

What do these people expect? The privilege of free parking at the airport?

They can pay for the flight, they pay for the hotels, the food and the drink
    and whatever else they may require but f**k it having to pay for the parking of my car for a few days!

Stay local and support the local economy if you're that worked up about it!

Im fairly sure theyd rather not pay for any of those things.

In the case of the car park, ita increasingly rare to see someone make the ops mistake, newbies excluded

Advertisement