Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

March Increments

Options
  • 16-03-2019 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Did anyone receive an increment in their wages on Thursday?
    I thought I was getting one on 1st March!
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Why did you expect it in March? Are you Primary or Post primary and which union?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

dory wrote: »
    Why did you expect it in March? Are you Primary or Post primary and which union?

Post primary and TUI. My increments were in September before they were frozen then they moved to March.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

Millem wrote: »
    Post primary and TUI. My increments were in September before they were frozen then they moved to March.

The small pay increase came into effect in March across the public sector, but as post primary teachers we won’t see it until we get our increments in June.

Aquals wrote: »
    The small pay increase came into effect in March across the public sector, but as post primary teachers we won’t see it until we get our increments in June.

So have my increments moved to June?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Aquals wrote: »

Not every second level teacher has their increment in June. ASTI increments were affected by their industrial action a couple of years ago and I think theirs was reinstated in June. But in the ETB sector March is the typical increment date for the majority, or December for many newer entrants who had one increment freeze.

OP you should contact payroll for clarification. I know in my union branch it has come to light that many of those post 2011 due an increase on March 1st had their increment date inexplicably brought forward to Feb so they aren't eligible for the increase until next year. But you should have received your regular increment by now.

• Advertisement

Thank you! I am not a new entrant and am a TUI teacher. I will contact payroll on Monday!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Did your original contract start on 1st September?

Mine didn't so I'm due my increment on 15th March, so I'll probably get it in the next payment.

Did your original contract start on 1st September?

Mine didn't so I'm due my increment on 15th March, so I'll probably get it in the next payment.

Gosh I found my payslip!!! I actually got it the increment....I have started getting HRI tax credit so didn’t even notice it as wages have been all over the place!!

Advertisement