Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BDO Lake World Championship

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They have an archaic qualification system. UK and Irish lads have to go play in a huge amount of events to qualify. This involves widespread travelling, traipsing across Europe and further afield competing in tin pit Opens for terrible prize money.

This can often mean that some of the better players in the system don't even make it to Lakeside due to the excessive costs that come with playing the BDO/WDF circuit.

The Regional guys get a far easier qualifying route. This is why so many dreadful Canadians, yanks, kiwis, Aussies etc always end up at the Worlds.

Even the bould Wolfie Adams is missing out this year due to a shoulder injury he suffered earlier in the season. This prevented him from accumulating enough ranking points to qualify.

Never mind the the fact that once back fit he goes and wins the Italian Open in October. :rolleyes:

Makes no sense. No Wolfie but yet some pub player who won the mixed pairs in Melbourne competing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

how in gods name did oshea get in?
    he done q school and would have missed a few months events over that

sc86 wrote: »
    how in gods name did oshea get in?
    he done q school and would have missed a few months events over that
    According to his dartsdatabase page he went straight back on the tour the weekend after he failed Q school.

He played 22 events on the BDO circuit last year.

They must have did away with that rule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

They have an archaic qualification system. UK and Irish lads have to go play in a huge amount of events to qualify. This involves widespread travelling, traipsing across Europe and further afield competing in tin pit Opens for terrible prize money.

This can often mean that some of the better players in the system don't even make it to Lakeside due to the excessive costs that come with playing the BDO/WDF circuit.

The Regional guys get a far easier qualifying route. This is why so many dreadful Canadians, yanks, kiwis, Aussies etc always end up at the Worlds.

Yep its cracked. The winner of the second biggest major this year plays in the preliminary round. Jeff Smith had to do the same after making the final the previous year.

The Japanese ladies Lisa Ashton is playing is supposed to be unreal, if she beats Lisa shell most likely win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Does Ross the Boss still have that rotten mole on his arm?

The one thing for sure is that the 'Justin Credibible Darts' blog is going to make for hot reading over the next 10 days.

Love JC, a funny fcker.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

No.1 seed wins opening game with average of around 90 , this is going to be a long week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Remember this Heydon guy giving Jackpot a scare at the PDC worlds a few years back.

peteeeed wrote: »
    No.1 seed wins opening game with average of around 90 , this is going to be a long week

Ah f off with that **** already. How many sub 90 averages did we see at the greatest show on earth last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Ah f off with that **** already. How many sub 90 averages did we see at the greatest show on earth last week.

Agree with this although I expect some of the early games will be tough viewing.
    Widmayer playing solidly here though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Heydon gets closer to falling over with each throw

nice 116 out though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Wolfie will be sorely missed. Failed to qualify. Same with Silverback. Is Daryl Fitton gone to PDC? He'll win f@ck all there

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Wolfie will be sorely missed. Failed to qualify. Same with Silverback. Is Daryl Fitton gone to PDC? He'll win f@ck all there

Silverback is there playing tomorrow I think .

Sorry. Mea culpa. You are right. Good to see that. Against Wes Harms no less. Might be a decent game

BDO without Bobby George and Tony Green is just not the same

Ally Dick wrote: »
    BDO without Bobby George and Tony Green is just not the same

Bobby George was a relic from a bygone age that needed to be gone. How can you attract people to darts when all you talk about all day long is beating people up.

Tonight actually - Down for the evening session on the schedule in the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

This could be a tough one for Ashton.

This standard is muck. I suppose the dreadful prize money is no incentive

• Advertisement

Ashton out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Some great darts towards the end of that.

With the number 1 seed ????

Wow. I really enjoyed that! Bye bye Lancashire Rose. You had greenfly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

That was as good a women's game have seen in Women's for a while..
    Suzuki hitting that 140 after Ashton opening 180 in last leg was impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ashton missed a mad amount of doubles.

Suzuki scored well enough though and did well to stick with her.

No idea what the averages were.

Yep its cracked. The winner of the second biggest major this year plays in the preliminary round. Jeff Smith had to do the same after making the final the previous year.

The Japanese ladies Lisa Ashton is playing is supposed to be unreal, if she beats Lisa shell most likely win it.

Should have listened to myself an backed her!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Is one hunwed guy there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Nice looking setup there, crowd right up close, bar at the back, low ceiling, I'd say the atmosphere be great for a close game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

KevIRL wrote: »
    Is one hunwed guy there

I think he moved to the PDC, fairly sure he was doing a few graveyard slot games in early rounds.
    Else it was someone who modelled themselves on his pwonownciatswhen.

Advertisement