Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galaxy tab A (2016) plus Mavic 2

• 30-12-2018 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing a drone to find livestock on the hills.

Will a Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016) be compatible with the DJI Mavic drones? I know they prefer iPads, not sure I can justify the cost of both.

I'm unsure which Mavic to look at specifically for my needs tbh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

According to the FAQ (https://www.dji.com/ie/mavic-2/info#specs)...
    Android V4.3.2
    Requires Android 5.0 or above.
    Compatible with Samsung S9+, Samsung S9, Samsung S8+, Samsung S7, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S6, Samsung S6 Edge, Samsung Note 8, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 8, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo X20, Vivo X9, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, OPPO R11, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi 8, Mi 6, Redmi Note 5, Google Pixel 2XL, OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5T.

And if you're not looking to make 'cinematic videos' etc, then you'd save money by looking at the original Mavic Pro which has similar range costs around 500 euro less.

You could also purchase an iPad 2nd hand which would also save a bit. Just remember, if you're using a tablet, you'll probably need an additional mount for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭badtoro

Bought a Mavic 2 zoom in the end. No tablet mount yet, did a short supervised flight outside the shop, picture on the phone is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

badtoro wrote: »
    Bought a Mavic 2 zoom in the end. No tablet mount yet, did a short supervised flight outside the shop, picture on the phone is incredible.

Wait until you see the version on the memory card :cool:

Advertisement