Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notifications issue

• 05-09-2018 8:20pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't have personal social media accounts, but operate a few for work.

Firstly, Facebook. Some time ago my boss was unhappy she wasn't seeing work posts, so I friended her via the work page. That mostly took care of things. However since that I started getting her personal stuff and notifications to me by email. I've been able to cull that recently, but still get some _______ has shared ______. Another colleague is also a friend of our page and similarly, I get some of her stuff. I'd like to dampen these notifications further if possible as it's cluttering up my mailbox.

Secondly, Twitter. Lately, I seem to be missing notifications and mentions in particular. I'm not sure why. I've Twitter on my work phone (iPhone) and desktop PC (Windows 10) and neither of these have picked up things I know are there. There's about gap of 10 days of stuff (including hostile comments that I had to follow up) that's not there where we were mentioned and I don't know why it won't show. Is there something in the settings I need to look at? It's strange because I sometimes work remotely and the Mac app shows all the stuff I'm currently missing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

Facebook: Did you boss click "Turn on notifications for this post"? They need to find a post from your work page and click on the 3 dots on the top right of the post (desktop, not sure where it is on mobile). I think the algorithm automatically hides posts from some pages, so the follower's feed isn't cluttered up. I know myself, I've muted a few pages. From your page, you can probably mute your boss by clicking on those dots.

Twitter: I've noticed this myself on my personal feed. I read some mentions and when I went to reply the following day, there were missing from the mention page, but I could see the mentions if I went into the friends page who wrote it.

Advertisement