Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smashing Pumpkins -New Music

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

They are support in Bologna ,afaik there hasn't being an announcement of support act for London.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

balls,was hoping it wouldn't be
    Cliched,nightwishy goth rock, in Danish now as well. A good indie rock band would be more apt but sure tis what it is.

balls,was hoping it wouldn't be
    Cliched,nightwishy goth rock, in Danish now as well. A good indie rock band would be more apt but sure tis what it is.

Again that kind of description is well off and the kind of reaction I expect from a lot arriving early which is why I thought it was and odd choice to begin with. She's been ill the last week so unsure if will remain on there.

The Pumpkins set is all killer, looks like I'll be using the
    Stairway to Heaven
    cover as somewhat an interval if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I had never heard of Myrkur before but that song is pretty damn good. I also can't think of anything worse than attending a Nightwish concert.

I am now more tempted to go see Myrkur's own London date in December than the forthcoming SP gig.

• Advertisement

Might explain the leftfield choice ..

A pedigree, by the way, which sees her warming up her piano fingers with Chopin, as well as playing in an alt-rock band called the Ex-Cops, whose latest album was produced by one Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins).

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Anyone going to the gig on Tuesday fancy a few afternoon beers somewhere nearby??

collie0708 wrote: »
    Anyone going to the gig on Tuesday fancy a few afternoon beers somewhere nearby??

Sure.do you know anywhere over there? I'm actually heading over tomorrow.
    Seems to be a few heading?
    Gig seems to be very low key? Not exactly being hyped in the media? Thats grand though I still think it will awesome.

Sure.do you know anywhere over there? I'm actually heading over tomorrow.
    Seems to be a few heading?
    Key seems to be very low key? Not exactly being hyped in the media? Thats grand though I still think it will awesome.

Ye I’m sure it’s gonna be a super gig!!

I’m not sure where to go as I’ve only ever been to Wembley for football. Hopefully someone on here has an idea of somewhere good for a few beers.

I haven't being to London in years and not familiar with this area..its a tube trip from Heathrow to Greenford is all I know at the moment.I'm sure there is a local haunt were fans will assemble before the gig.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I had never heard of Myrkur before but that song is pretty damn good. I also can't think of anything worse than attending a Nightwish concert.

I am now more tempted to go see Myrkur's own London date in December than the forthcoming SP gig.

So any decision SMB?

I haven't being to London in years and not familiar with this area..its a tube trip from Heathrow to Greenford is all I know at the moment.I'm sure there is a local haunt were fans will assemble before the gig.

I’ve heard good things about the green man pub which is nearby when there is s match on. Never been myself and not sure would it get a crowd for a gig.

I’ve heard good things about the green man pub which is nearby when there is s match on. Never been myself and not sure would it get a crowd for a gig.

34 bars in the place itself:eek:

34 bars in the place itself:eek:

Looks like we have a few options so 😂

Looks like we have a few options so 😂

Ah will suss it out before the gig .
    Just reading the price would be on the expensive side in those bars ,bound to a be few cool bars before heading there.
    I will post my no on gigonometry so all welcome to sign up ,you already did Colin ..hopefully a few more might sign up as well and take it from there.

Maybe somewhat surprising but I can tell ye unfortunately there actually isn't any what you'd call "cool" bars in the surrounding area :o

Better options would require a tube ride imo, Baker street which is about 15 mins away is probably the closest for such.

The gig isn't in the stadium so you don't have access to those 34 bars :)

Theres a shopping district in the vicinity with a bunch of eateries and such, bars are all the kind set up to flog you grub, TGI Fridays, etc tbh you're nearly as well off drinking in the bar of one of nearby hotels like the Ibis or the Green Man.

If it was for something in the stadium the best option is honestly bag of cans outside Sainsburys and chat with other fans, I've not seen that been done for any of the shows I attended at the arena though so wasn't an option for me to attempt to do so on me own. :pac:

So any decision SMB?
    Still undecided. Was hoping to pick up a cheap ticket but I see they're operating a strict ticket purchaser ID policy. Will take a closer look tomorrow.

Maybe somewhat surprising but I can tell ye unfortunately there actually isn't any what you'd call "cool" bars in the surrounding area :o

Better options would require a tube ride imo, Baker street which is about 15 mins away is probably the closest for such.

The gig isn't in the stadium so you don't have access to those 34 bars :)

Theres a shopping district in the vicinity with a bunch of eateries and such, bars are all the kind set up to flog you grub, TGI Fridays, etc tbh you're nearly as well off drinking in the bar of one of nearby hotels like the Ibis or the Green Man.

If it was for something in the stadium the best option is honestly bag of cans outside Sainsburys and chat with other fans, I've not seen that been done for any of the shows I attended at the arena though so wasn't an option for me to attempt to do so on me own. :pac:

I'm in greenford now ,going through southall on the bus was an experience,very multicultural area,I would say you are correct,cool indie bars probably few and far between around here.Are u gonna be around yourself?

Are u gonna be around yourself?

I'm going to try be I've yet to fly across all going aiming to be out there before 5 and have to get ticket off friend too.

I'm going to try be I've yet to fly across all going aiming to be out there before 5 and have to get ticket off friend too.

Cool sure give a shout when u sorted.

• Advertisement

Cool sure give a shout when u sorted.

PM'd

Enjoy guys!!!

As per expected really ..will never ever go to a gig in wembley again though.

Why so? I've never been myself.

34 bars? Could have done with 134,spent more time queing for beer than watching the gig!
    Also no smoking anywhere on the premises unless you are the guy billowing clouds of cannabis smoke over the crowd.So obvious and yet no -one stopped him.This is unfair to smokers,yes there are still some, to expect people not to smoke for what was a 4 hour gig.
    The gig itself well the backdrops were visually stunning especially mayonnaise which would be my highlight of the show. No moshing that I could see cos they didn't wind up the crowd.A fast song like zero would invariably be followed by something slower so not really building any momentum
    Overall yes glad to have finally seen my 90's alt heroes but I consider this their swansong. I doubt their new album will appeal very much to me.As someone else stated here it's hard to see Billy as a serious angst ridden artist these days and that is what made them great ,back in the day.

Collie,Wrongway any comments on the gig?

Ya frustration on venue understandable staff could do with some retraining me thinks and the area does be lacking for places to go for a post gig conversation. Saw the printed setlist online and ya curfew also robbed us of 2 songs too.

For taking in the show itself it did the job, sound was super, Zero-Everlasting gaze-Stand inside was quite the highpoint for me personally but obviously a rake of the hits and classics throughout with odds/covers thrown in for good measure.

The no smoking thing was in the same boat there dunno what happened there as they used to allow for it, not just smokers but venue was warmish I felt to not have an option for a breather in a place for 4+ hours isn't kind,people paid a chunk of change to be there.

Backdrops during the show were indeed impressive during some felt a lot going on with also watching the band on stage was a challenge to take it all in, not sure how many times Billy changed costume either :D

Mayonnaise-Porcelina backdrops were particularly great, the features dropping down for Tonight,Tonight was to good effect too.

They really do have quite the catalog wouldn't have said no to Bodies,Perfect etc getting an outing.

Ya frustration on venue understandable staff could do with some retraining me thinks and the area does be lacking for places to go for a post gig conversation. Saw the printed setlist online and ya curfew also robbed us of 2 songs too.

For taking in the show itself it did the job, sound was super, Zero-Everlasting gaze-Stand inside was quite the highpoint for me personally but obviously a rake of the hits and classics throughout with odds/covers thrown in for good measure.

The no smoking thing was in the same boat there dunno what happened there as they used to allow for it, not just smokers but venue was warmish I felt to not have an option for a breather in a place for 4+ hours isn't kind,people paid a chunk of change to be there.

Backdrops during the show were indeed impressive during some felt a lot going on with also watching the band on stage was a challenge to take it all in, not sure how many times Billy changed costume either :D

Mayonnaise-Porcelina backdrops were particularly great, the features dropping down for Tonight,Tonight was to good effect too.

They really do have quite the catalog wouldn't have said no to Bodies,Perfect etc getting an outing.

Can't understand why they would be doing covers either,space oddity is an ok song but as you say they are not stuck for tunes.Apart from Landslide would almost consider that a pumpkins song.

Ya I mean they were good renditions an all but had a who really needs them about them, Climbing the stairs during Space Oddity looked cool though. Landslide with Myrkur was easily the pick of the bunch. No idea what that ending cover was all about bizarre but that's probably the idea.

Actually saw Billy had a solo gig in Milan cancelled tonight.

• Advertisement

Ya I mean they were good renditions an all but had a who really needs them about them, Climbing the stairs during Space Oddity looked cool though. Landslide with Myrkur was easily the pick of the bunch. No idea what that ending cover was all about bizarre but that's probably the idea.

Actually saw Billy had a solo gig in Milan cancelled tonight.

Probably wrecked after that epic performance in London ..Bologna is scheduled to proceed

We regret to inform you that due to health issues, WPC has cancelled his Milan show on Oct 17. Those who purchased tickets will be refunded. He fully expects to be back to good health for the Bologna show on Thursday Oct18.

Advertisement