Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smashing Pumpkins -New Music

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I can't deny that I would have been very happy to have been at that 30th anniversary new Jersey gig.

Bodies with Chino Moreno (would love a full album)
    Corgan performing Malibu with Love (which I think is up there with songs he's helped pen).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I can't deny that I would have been very happy to have been at that 30th anniversary new Jersey gig.

Bodies with Chino Moreno (would live a full album)
    Corgan performing Malibu with Love (which I think is us up there with songs he's helped pen).

Was great but ..yeah just want the pumpkins in London .

Those performances with Courtney Love are cringe worthy.

The stuff with Chino was much better,cover of Snail was awesome.

I didn't watch BWBW as assumed it wouldn't be great but enjoyed Malibu.

• Advertisement

I didn't watch BWBW as assumed it wouldn't be great but enjoyed Malibu.

Whats BWBW ? Good idea on paper to have CL she didnt add much,some say she was wasted ,,idk

And what is s.m.b as well?

Bullet With Butterfly Wings

Maybe we should have a guess the abbreviations quiz:)
    I liked this video from them this eve
    https://twitter.com/SmashingPumpkin/status/1029820025656537088

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Maybe we should have a guess the abbreviations quiz:)
    I liked this video from them this eve
    https://twitter.com/SmashingPumpkin/status/1029820025656537088

I can’t believe it’s 30 years, I’m getting old 😢

Only heared this version of bullet with butterfly wings for the first time this week. I love it!

https://youtu.be/DG3F0Rrttoo

• Advertisement

Billy the family man

DkQwJZ0XgAEnMFA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Didn't realise he'd had a kid. Good for him, always got the impression he was something if an isolated person.

Show being streamed on twitter tonight. Think it's about 4.00am our time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ElecUnderground

Irish Hip Hop meets Smashing Pumpkins

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Irish Hip Hop meets Smashing Pumpkins

That’s awful!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Really good interview with Billy here. I've always enjoyed his earnestness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TiempoFire

Hey hey I'm running a campaign (very informal and casually) to build up support to get them back to Ireland in 2019! Any and every help is needed to drum up support to get the likes of MCD & Aiken to try book them.

If you could sign and share the below I plan to try get a few thousand and fire it off to the 2 above mentioned and see what happens.

*EDIT - Cannot post link as new member :-) - Search change.org.. ill be back after im not new to link it up!
    TiempoFire is online now Report Post

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TiempoFire

Really good interview with Billy here. I've always enjoyed his earnestness.

He comes across really well here.

Not sure I would be interested to see them in Ireland after London tbh

TiempoFire wrote: »
    Hey hey I'm running a campaign (very informal and casually) to build up support to get them back to Ireland in 2019! Any and every help is needed to drum up support to get the likes of MCD & Aiken to try book them.

If you could sign and share the below I plan to try get a few thousand and fire it off to the 2 above mentioned and see what happens.

*EDIT - Cannot post link as new member :-) - Search change.org.. ill be back after im not new to link it up!
    TiempoFire is online now Report Post

Admirable but they are playing across the water,they will likely play here in the future anyways..now if you want to start a compulsion petition to play a gig that I can get behind!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

All those bands reform for the money anyways. Dire music I'd sign a petition to keep them bloody well out...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

They have to be doubted as a draw 2 dates in Europe and they can't sell out Wembley arena.

They have to be doubted as a draw 2 dates in Europe and they can't sell out Wembley arena.

They tweeted only a few tix left for London,bologna sold out!

They tweeted only a few tix left for London,bologna sold out!

I've actually got a ticket myself since posting that...well looking forward, gold circle in an arena is a right scummy move though and it was €90 odd euro for my general admission even, it's obvious one date in London not being sucked up immediately represents a possible future date in the arena here particularly at those prices is surely a non runner?

The times have been posted elsewhere,

Doors: 6pm
    Myrkur: 6:45-7:20
    Pumpkins: 7:45-11

Possible 3 hours 15 min is obviously well decent and I've seen Myrkur before pretty good imo although maybe a slightly left field choice for this I would've thought.

Setlists look pretty set in stone now and are pretty impressive. Still not sure I can bring myself to splash out on tickets when I found myself unimpressed when I last saw them pre reunion line up.

I've actually got a ticket myself since posting that...well looking forward, gold circle in an arena is a right scummy move though and it was €90 odd euro for my general admission even, it's obvious one date in London not being sucked up immediately represents a possible future date in the arena here particularly at those prices is surely a non runner?

The times have been posted elsewhere,

Doors: 6pm
    Myrkur: 6:45-7:20
    Pumpkins: 7:45-11

Possible 3 hours 15 min is obviously well decent and I've seen Myrkur before pretty good imo although maybe a slightly left field choice for this I would've thought.

Was wondering about support must check them out ,was hoping for someone like metric .Tis by the far the most expensive gig I have ever gone to when all is totted up,only booked the hotel and flights recently.Didn't go for the premier hotel as collie suggested as the bridge house looked a bit nicer,less corporate and was slightly cheaper.

Setlists look pretty set in stone now and are pretty impressive. Still not sure I can bring myself to splash out on tickets when I found myself unimpressed when I last saw them pre reunion line up.

I consider this a one off ,if they do come to Ireland again will be touring some crappy album.Lets be honest its all about hearing the old tunes!

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Baulked at the ticket price first but eventually gave in and bought one for London. In fairness its a 3 hour show. You won't get that from many bands in their 50's. Setlist will be the same as the US shows. Whether we see them here again is anyones guess.

ok well wont be rushing to see the openers ..not picking holes will be amazing just MYRKUR a bit nightwishy dated goth rock ..

• Advertisement

ok well wont be rushing to see the openers ..not picking holes will be amazing just MYRKUR a bit nightwishy dated goth rock ..

Told you it was a leftfield choice in fairness :D

Absolutely nothing like Nightwish at all though more a folk tinged with black metal project not to mention vocals are in Danish.

Advertisement