Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physio recommendation Dublin - shoulder

• 18-04-2018 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

I'm looking for recommendations for a physio in Dublin (preferably city centre) that has a good knowledge of shoulder injuries.

Long story short, I've had a shoulder injury that just won't go away for the best part of 5 months. I've tried two different physios in Dublin and was not particularly satisfied with either of them. I'm not going to name any names here - suffice to say, first physio seemed to have a one size fit all approach to shoulder rebab and that did way more harm than good. Second physio was a nice guy but he was out of college about 5 minutes and while some initial progress was seen, he was able to offer very little advice about what gym activities I could safely do.

I went for a private MRI scan and the radiology report cited bursitis shoulder (doesn't seem to be too severe though). I'm hoping that I can get a more tailored rehab programme armed with this information. I would like to invest with someone with a good, detailed knowledge of shoulder injuries that doesn't just treat everything as a rotator cuff issue.
    I see similar questions have been asked before - any up to date recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

I had Tadhg from Pearse Street Physiotherapy Clinic work on my shoulder which was giving me a lot of grief, he sorted it right out.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭j.s. pill II

Diemos wrote: »
    I had Tadhg from Pearse Street Physiotherapy Clinic work on my shoulder which was giving me a lot of grief, he sorted it right out.

Tadhg is brilliant I have to say, really knows his stuff. Sorted me right out

Highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭horsey63

Edel Fanning, Santry Sports Clinic

Advertisement