Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL live Dublin 24th March 2018

• 23-03-2018 10:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Anyone going to NFL Live tomorrow in the Convention Centre? Anyone ever been?

I’ve got tickets but have never been before.

I’m guessing it’ll be like an NFL version of ComicCon with lots of merchandise and very tempting stuff to buy.

Going today. Tickets were free therefore very low expectations. Hope they have some sort of merchandise stall there.

I just wonder in regards the bag policy, they said it’s a clear bag policy therefore no backpacks or similar are allowed in. Hopefully there will be a cloakroom available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Merch selection will be ****e - mostly merch from the teams being represented and then some ad hoc Patriots hats etc etc

Was hoping Jeff Reinbold would be there but alas we're stuck with Neil Reynolds

Merch selection will be ****e - mostly merch from the teams being represented and then some ad hoc Patriots hats etc etc

Was hoping Jeff Reinbold would be there but alas we're stuck with Neil Reynolds

Jeff Reinhold showing off his tanned chest would have been the icying on the cake.

Hope there will be merchandise of other teams available, neither a Seahawks, Giants nor an Eagles fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Looking forward to it tonight.

Just wondering. I was thinking of bringing in a ball to see if I could get it signed.

Anyone reckon if this would be possible and if so would there be a charge?

OU812 wrote: »
    Looking forward to it tonight.

Just wondering. I was thinking of bringing in a ball to see if I could get it signed.

Anyone reckon if this would be possible and if so would there be a charge?

Was thinking of bringing in a ball as well but not sure with their policies. I’ve looked at a few videos from previous events and they were pretty relaxed. I rang the convention center there and the man advised that there will be cloakrooms available for your jackets and bags. You could give them a buzz and ask what’s their policy 01 8560000

• Advertisement

Is there a bar at this?

Is there a bar at this?

Chances are slim but it would make my day

Gally79 wrote: »
    Chances are slim but it would make my day

Is there bars IN the Convention Centre?

Is there bars IN the Convention Centre?

There might be a catering company

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Do the players hang around after to sign things and take pictures does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

If you’re lucky enough to grab one of the hottest tickets of the NFL off-season, you can expect some lively chat and plenty of fun and games during the course of each show, which runs from 7.30pm until 9.45pm. There will be an opportunity for fans to win prizes, ask questions of the players and even take to the stage with these stars of the NFL.

See below for venue and ticket information:

DUBLIN - Saturday March 24

Convention Centre Dublin, Spencer Dock, N Wall Quay, North Wall, Dublin 1, D01 T1W6, Ireland
    Tickets for this event are FREE so make sure you apply HERE to secure your place. We will contact you next week if you are successful in securing tickets.
    For those who have already registered their interest for this event you are already guaranteed 2 tickets and we will contact you separately in order to see if you can still attend.
    Please note that if you do apply for tickets and are successful but fail to show up you are preventing other fans from enjoying this experience so please only apply if you are going to attend
    This event is free as Sport Relief is a UK based charity and can therefore not accept donations from Ireland

http://www.nfluk.com/news/fannights/article-1/NFL-UK-Live-visits-Dublin-and-Belfast-in-March---BUY-TICKETS/cd220cc6-5f25-4048-a361-d135d0676b03

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That was a great event. A lot of work went into it. Earl Thomas was my pick of the lads there to listen to. Quieter than the others but very sharp!

Well that was an absolutely brilliant evening

Alex Collins is a legend, would love to go on the p*ss with him, great craic

Earl Thomas a complete dry sh*te, could have done without him wrecking the buzz

Disappointed there was zero merch stands - they would have made a fortune! :(

Proud to be the only Kansas City Chiefs shirt in sight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Well there's two very different responses to the event...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

But...

Should have been merch stands, should have been a bar, should have been t-shirt/subway guns. Should have dimmed the lights more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

One of the few free NFL experiences out there. I thought Ajayi came across well, I thought he was a bit of a dick previously.

Thomas was quiet, obviously not really his thing, but he came across well.

I actually thought Neil Reynolds came across quite well, and even funny at times :pac:

Nope, nada, not a thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

That was a great event. A lot of work went into it. Earl Thomas was my pick of the lads there to listen to. Quieter than the others but very sharp!
    Was definitely worth missing the Munster march for :pac:

Thought it was really good, started queuing at 5:50 so had great seats just a few rows from the front. The panel looked like they were really enjoyed too, Rob Ryan was suprisingly good craic. The two hours flew by.

I'll agree with the disappointment of no nfl merch or stalls. Having just some cheap subway tac was a bit poor.
    Otherwise a great event, def go again next year if it's on.

Sad that Jeff wasn't there but Rob Ryan was a more than adequate replacement - you just KNOW he's gonna put away 20+ pints of the black stuff tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

infacteh wrote: »
    One of the few free NFL experiences out there. I thought Ajayi came across well, I thought he was a bit of a dick previously.

Thomas was quiet, obviously not really his thing, but he came across well.

I actually thought Neil Reynolds came across quite well, and even funny at times :pac:

I’d say Thomas’ mind was elsewhere, with all the trade/contract talks going on

Poor Brock Osweiler got absolutely roasted by Neil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Gally79 wrote: »
    I’d say Thomas’ mind was elsewhere, with all the trade/contract talks going on

Yeah didn’t he mention something about talking with his agent that morning?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Really annoyed by the lack of merch.

Seen two other Titans fans, one lady who asked the family question and another dude.

Was waving my foam finger like a man man, really wanted to ask Earl a question on guaranteed contracts.

My mates little boy was on stage trying to throw the ball into the bin

Delighted the little sh*t missed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Can anybody remember when the dates for this and line up were announced last year?? Really enjoyed it in Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Can anybody remember when the dates for this and line up were announced last year?? Really enjoyed it in Belfast.
    The email I got confirming my "tickets" was 15th March. Don't think it was more than 2/3 weeks before that was when the event was announced. Open to correction though.

There's already been one NFL Live event in Birmingham I think in 2019 so hopefully there'll be another Irish one too.

Advertisement