Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

That start doesn't inspire much confidence!!

Whole thing is shocking, making Bortles look like a superstar and what the f was that call on 4th&1. Brutal call, damage limitation from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Not good, putting it mildly.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Needed that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

OOnegative wrote: »
    Whole thing is shocking, making Bortles look like a superstar and what the f was that call on 4th&1. Brutal call, damage limitation from here on in.

Only four passes I think for Bortles so far. Run defense and turnover killing them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

This is going to be a massive 4th quarter. Go Steelers!!!

Dunno how they're still in this. Unfortunately think they'll come up short though.

Stick a fork in them. :(

Terrible on defence, some questionable calls on offence. Jags have there number now forever more. Now begins the talk if Ben will retire in the off season and weather Bell will be back. Jags defence is special but no way they beat the Pats next week in Foxborough.

42 points and you still don't win. Defense not good enough, giving up long plays far too much and since the bye.

• Advertisement

No, it's not feeling any better today. Terrible shame to waste a talented in-form offense.

Fournette had 303 yards from scrimmage & 5 touchdowns over two games against us, good thing is we are away to the Jags next season. See some pointing blame at Ben, only for him we would have been even more well beaten last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Tomlin has to go.

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Tomlin has to go.

6 AFC North titles and a Superbowl in his ten years coaching the Steelers, hardly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

6 AFC North titles and a Superbowl in his ten years coaching the Steelers, hardly now.

His decision making, at important times, in big games is questionable.

As good as he has been , he's faced the Bengals and the Browns who both have been terrrible for the majority of his time there.

His decision making, at important times, in big games is questionable.

As good as he has been , he's faced the Bengals and the Browns who both have been terrrible for the majority of his time there.

Could say that about any coach in the NFL, Pete Carroll's call to pass instead of giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch in Superbowl 49 against the Patriots, Mike Holmgren letting Terrell Davis score a walk in touchdown in Superbowl 32 against the Broncos i could go on. The NFL is full of bad playcalls, Tomlin is an excellent coach who won't be going anywhere for the foreseeable future i'd say. Not his fault he coaches in a division that contains the Browns and Bengals.

Could say that about any coach in the NFL, Pete Carroll's call to pass instead of giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch in Superbowl 49 against the Patriots, Mike Holmgren letting Terrell Davis score a walk in touchdown in Superbowl 32 against the Broncos i could go on. The NFL is full of bad playcalls, Tomlin is an excellent coach who won't be going anywhere for the foreseeable future i'd say. Not his fault he coaches in a division that contains the Browns and Bengals.

That's fair enough. I mean your a steelers fan. Personally as an outsider looking in he makes some really strange plays and I think he gets alot of leeway from Steelers fans. With the talent in that team over the last 5 years they should have won a Superbowl IMO.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means but in the position you guys are in with the squad depth you have I think you are majorly under achieving.

That's fair enough. I mean your a steelers fan. Personally as an outsider looking in he makes some really strange plays and I think he gets alot of leeway from Steelers fans. With the talent in that team over the last 5 years they should have won a Superbowl IMO.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach by any means but in the position you guys are in with the squad depth you have I think you are majorly under achieving.

I agree they should have won a Super Bowl in last few years with the talent on the roster, and they may only have another 3 year max window to win another as when Ben retires we will be searching for a while for another franchise QB. Bad calls on offence are down to Haley, who I have little time for, but since he’s been there he’s improved Ben numbers hugely. The onside kick Sunday no doubt was on Tomlin & was a bad call to make with the time remaining.

I agree they should have won a Super Bowl in last few years with the talent on the roster, and they may only have another 3 year max window to win another as when Ben retires we will be searching for a while for another franchise QB. Bad calls on offence are down to Haley, who I have little time for, but since he’s been there he’s improved Ben numbers hugely. The onside kick Sunday no doubt was on Tomlin & was a bad call to make with the time remaining.

I cant see Big Ben sticking around for 3 years to be honest with you. And like that I just think that team should have at least one Superbowl in the last few years.

If Bell acts the fool this year it could create disharmony as well. Super talent on that roster.

I cant see Big Ben sticking around for 3 years to be honest with you. And like that I just think that team should have at least one Superbowl in the last few years.

If Bell acts the fool this year it could create disharmony as well. Super talent on that roster.

Have bad feeling about Bell and think he could create a lot of headlines in the off season.

• Advertisement

Have bad feeling about Bell and think he could create a lot of headlines in the off season.

Supreme talent. Could be angling for a move.

I agree with what he is saying about the money though he is worth way more than what most running backs are being paid.

Supreme talent. Could be angling for a move.

I agree with what he is saying about the money though he is worth way more than what most running backs are being paid.

If he’s looking for the money he’s suppose to, he’ll be on the move i’d say. Steelers not ones for giving out crazy contracts regardless of the player.

If he’s looking for the money he’s suppose to, he’ll be on the move i’d say. Steelers not ones for giving out crazy contracts regardless of the player.

The steelers loss will be someone else's gain. In my eyes he's worth $50-60m over 5 years.

The steelers loss will be someone else's gain. In my eyes he's worth $50-60m over 5 years.

Hopefully they can sort it out, but as you say plenty of teams out there who would be more than willing to pay him.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

He's looking for $15m+ plus money so you'd be looking at $75m over 5 years. Crazy money

namloc1980 wrote: »
    He's looking for $15m+ plus money so you'd be looking at $75m over 5 years. Crazy money

Crazy money for a RB but if he hits the open market some team will pay him that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Crazy money for a RB but if he hits the open market some team will pay him that.

Indeed. But he's had the second most touches in the league since 2013. That'll wear him down no question. By year 4 and 5 you're getting substantially less production.

namloc1980 wrote: »

He's worth every bit of it though. One of the Best running backs in the league and probably the best pass catching running back in the league as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

nothing to see here

Advertisement