Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Jets Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

nydn.CoverContent?newsletter=true&ctype=back&cdate=20121228&dt=landscape_235_300

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Manish Metha from the NYDN is a parasite and a virus on the organisation. Rumors are that he has Pettine as his source of his stories. As a beat writer he has 'broken' more stories this season than all the other beat writers combined this year. He prints whatever the hell he wants and does not care about the team at all or the effect of his stories.

I listened in to Rex's press conference yesterday. Metha didn't go to the press conference. From the start Rex refuted this story and called Metha a liar. He stated that Metha contacted him before running the story and he refused to print Rexs denial on the story. As they said on WFAN after the press conference why was Rex not asked about Pettine being the leak?

Rex I believe needs to realise that he is not just an defensive coach, he is a head coach and as I have said on here many times O needs serious support no matter who is under center

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Bye, bye Tim - hope you sold enough of the autobiographies while you had the chance. You will probably get a job as a motivational speaker on the bible belt circuit - I doubt even the Jags would waste a roster spot at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,023 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Sodlm.jpg
    FWKLq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

As expected the Jets have cut Calvin Pace, Eric Smith, Jason Smith and Bart Scott, with the four of these gone the salary cap should headed into the positive side of things

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8962969/calvin-pace-eric-smith-josh-smith-released-new-york-jets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 PaddyQ90

phatkev wrote: »
    As expected the Jets have cut Calvin Pace, Eric Smith, Jason Smith and Bart Scott, with the four of these gone the salary cap should headed into the positive side of things

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8962969/calvin-pace-eric-smith-josh-smith-released-new-york-jets

Good move!

Serious rebuilding to do in the coming years, no more papering over the cracks!

PaddyQ90 wrote: »
    Good move!

Serious rebuilding to do in the coming years, no more papering over the cracks!

If they're going to clear the dead weight off the books this year, they should hold onto Sanchez imo. Nothing in the draft or free agency as far as QBs are concerned imo. If you want to tank, tank hard and dump Sanchez this time next year when it represents a minimal hit to the cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PaddyQ90

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

If they're going to clear the dead weight off the books this year, they should hold onto Sanchez imo. Nothing in the draft or free agency as far as QBs are concerned imo. If you want to tank, tank hard and dump Sanchez this time next year when it represents a minimal hit to the cap.

Don't follow college that much, but what happened Matt Barkley?

I thought he was being lauded as a sure fire first pick a year ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

He had a poor season at USC and missed the end of it due to injury. He won't be throwing at the combine either.

It turned out he sucks! :)

Well, meh, not suck maybe but certainly not worth betting a Franchise future on with a high round draft pick.

• Advertisement

yeah i think its best for us to stay away from USC players for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 pepperfoot5

the jets really disapoint this season. i think major changes should be done on the team until next season

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

http://nesn.com/2013/03/tim-tebow-expected-to-compete-for-jets-starting-job-at-training-camp-general-manager-john-idzik-says/

If he's really trying to convince anyone Tebow will be a Jet next season he's worse than the last GM, if he just chose his words poorly then he's made a fine start to being the Jets Touring Circus ringleader.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pepperfoot

i think he just mis-spoke . no need to make a big deal out of it...when season start we all see the results

so the one element that wasn't so bad last year was the defense and 2 days into free agency we've lost over half of that unit and if Revis leaves town we will be down to 3 starters on defense from 2012 assuming Landry goes once someone gives him an offer. 2013 is going to be a long ass season:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

. 2013 is going to be a long ass season:(

Long ass you say.............. ;)

oh no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

oh no

I'm sorry but I couldn't resist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Outstanding work Higgins.

Outstanding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Jets preseason was announced today and they've got a home game v the Eagles while I'm in New York so I'm going to go along.

Anybody got an idea what ticket prices would be for preseason and how easy they are to come by in terms of buying from overseas?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

So Free Agency for us is over til after the draft. We've allowed Dustin Keller to walk which i think is a massive mistake. I know he was injured last year but he is a talent.

We've let both Moore and Slauson go at guard. This shows were moving away from a power run scheme to what who knows.. It looks as if there going to let Powell and Goodson to share the load. I'm sure we will draft a running back in the mid to late rounds to see if he can compete.

On defense we truly have no pass rush . Are coverage even when Revis went out was still good. But there was no Linebacker pressure. We've lost all of our safeties. Landry deserved a long term deal after his season, we couldn't afford it. I'm glad he got paid by some team though.

So our needs are O-LINE, Exterior Pass rush, Safeties. We are truly in a bad position, I think Rex Ryan is an excellent HC, The Jets gambled on free agency and we got to two AFC Championship games. Its "bad cap rebuild time" I just hope when the Jets finish 4-12 probably they don't go on and fire Rex Ryan.

If he doesn't it get assurances that its rebuild time it could be panic stations and we get Geno smith to try and finish 8-8, which i really hope we don't do. We have glaring needs in other area's and with Sanchez earning a huge amount of money because of endless cap restructing. Give Sanchez one more go if we lose bad next season. We get Johnny Football !

The Revis discussion ........ I'll wait on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

You have to just laugh at the Jets letting Keller walk, as if their passing attack was so stellar they could afford to let go Sanchez's favourite target and at worst the team's #2 option.

Still time for them to see sense and introduce Tebowmania to NYC ;)

So Free Agency for us is over til after the draft. We've allowed Dustin Keller to walk which i think is a massive mistake. I know he was injured last year but he is a talent.

We've let both Moore and Slauson go at guard. This shows were moving away from a power run scheme to what who knows.. It looks as if there going to let Powell and Goodson to share the load. I'm sure we will draft a running back in the mid to late rounds to see if he can compete.

On defense we truly have no pass rush . Are coverage even when Revis went out was still good. But there was no Linebacker pressure. We've lost all of our safeties. Landry deserved a long term deal after his season, we couldn't afford it. I'm glad he got paid by some team though.

So our needs are O-LINE, Exterior Pass rush, Safeties. We are truly in a bad position, I think Rex Ryan is an excellent HC, The Jets gambled on free agency and we got to two AFC Championship games. Its "bad cap rebuild time" I just hope when the Jets finish 4-12 probably they don't go on and fire Rex Ryan.

If he doesn't it get assurances that its rebuild time it could be panic stations and we get Geno smith to try and finish 8-8, which i really hope we don't do. We have glaring needs in other area's and with Sanchez earning a huge amount of money because of endless cap restructing. Give Sanchez one more go if we lose bad next season. We get Johnny Football !

The Revis discussion ........ I'll wait on that one.

The plan would have worked long term if Sanchez became a top 15 QB. He didn't. Thems the breaks. Barring a profound upturn in his performances this year he will be cut in March 2014.

I think letting Revis walk given our downgrades thus far would leave us in extremely poor shape with a win O / U of 5 games.

so looks like Revis is heading to the bucs barring a failed medical, this makes me sick to my stomach.. I would like to say a massive f**k you to woody johnson for allowing this to happen and running the whole organization into the ground(if it wasnt at that stage already) and another f**k you to mike t for giving out ridiculous contracts to players not worth them and then when we have an actual top class player there is no money to offer him

worst day ever:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pegasusbridge

Once the Jets decided they weren't willing to pay Revis the money he deserves then they had no choice but to trade him. Part of me would have preferred to keep him for the year but realistically you couldn't afford to let him walk for nothing. I wish Revis all the best. Always enjoyed watching him play. Hopefully the jets can use the two first round picks they have wisely to begin rebuilding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

worst day ever:mad:

Ah come on, your a Jets fan there must have been plenty of days that were at least as bad as this one! :D

Season is all a bit pointless now. Ryan is a lame duck. He'll be fired after we achieve ~ five wins. So, this time next year we'll have a new Head Coach and have a roster free of Sanchez, Revis and most of the starters of the 2009 / 10 and 2010 / 11 playoff runs.

Got close (particularly the Steelers game in 2011) but no cigar.

Next year will be exciting, but the season ahead is quite a glum prospect I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Revis trade

Firstly its a bad move. He's a a potential Hall of Famer. Going into possibly his best years. The Bucc's have tried to give Revis a 2 year deal. That's clearly what they want before a restructure.

Now with Revis we all know that's no true. He wanted to earn more than the Franchise tag this year. If Revis has a stellar year, its likely on past behavior that he'll kick up stink just before training camp to get guaranteed money and a big pay day from the Bucc's . This is one of the reasons that he was traded. The ownership knew back before the end of last season if they didn't resign him before the start of the next season he more than likely would walk to the highest bidder in the NFL after he could prove his skill level.

The Jets could have resigned Revis before his operation or right after it going this is are guy. Risky but its the only way he would have stayed.

They chose the order route. Get something for him and move him into the NFC. Better than worst case scenario which was he joined another AFC East team.

It still hurts but not as bad as worst case scenario .

Now we get to see the jets miss on 70% of there draft pick's .

I'd rather we trade away one of our 1st rounders for some mid round picks. As i said before no depth in the jets roster.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Connor Hanley

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I couldn't resist
    :D:D:D me too

Advertisement