Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 delboy08

Hi all.
    Just an update really. I got approval from DCC yesterday and that they will post out loan offer letter. They never said anything about funds not available? I rang last week to see what was happening and they said there still going ahead with new applications.

Does anyone know whats the next step I need to take (is there forms I need to be getting) I just want to be one step ahead and move things along on my end because as iv been reading they are slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jmk725

delboy08 wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Just an update really. I got approval from DCC yesterday and that they will post out loan offer letter. They never said anything about funds not available? I rang last week to see what was happening and they said there still going ahead with new applications.

Does anyone know whats the next step I need to take (is there forms I need to be getting) I just want to be one step ahead and move things along on my end because as iv been reading they are slow.

I had to Return Signed Forms 1 & 2, provided by the council with loan offer.
    How you picked out a house yet?
    Next step is to go sale agreed.
    From Monaghan County Council, I was then asked for :
    Valuation Report of property, organised by council but paid by me.
    Structural Report.
    Form 3 signed and returned.
    DD Mandate filled in and returned.
    MPI Form completed and returned.
    Up-to-date bank statements, current & deposit.
    Up-to-date payslip.
    Letter from employer confirming not out sick in last 3 years apart from flu, back ache, influenza.
    Same as last one but from GP.

All items required by your council will be on the loan offer letter you get out anyway.
    I have heard of other councils not requesting all I was asked for, seems to depend on the council.
    When you do send everything back in, make sure to get all promises/timeframes in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Maryvind

Hi delboy08,
    From the date your application went to DCC to notification of approval...how many weeks/months were you waiting? And did they just ring you to let you know you have been approved?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Quinnciara

Jmk725 wrote: »
    I would advise you to get onto the council again and get them to contact the solicitor, you shouldn't have to wait this long.
    Also, get in writing from the council that they have done this.
    What council are you with?

I'm with DCC they just emailed today to say that I needed to send in a draft family home declaration form, I thought I didn't need to do that until the signing of the contracts..hopefully my solicitor gets it to me today and I can email it over to the council. They said they person who was processing my application is out sick.

Quinnciara wrote: »
    I'm with DCC they just emailed today to say that I needed to send in a draft family home declaration form, I thought I didn't need to do that until the signing of the contracts..hopefully my solicitor gets it to me today and I can email it over to the council. They said they person who was processing my application is out sick.

You send in the draft one now and sign the official one when signing contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 kellsbells86

Just an update on my original question. My solicitor rang me yesterday evening at almost 5pm to let me know that the council had contacted him to say they had been experiencing a technical glitch with their systems for almost a month - and didn't bother to let us know. TWO DAYS before we are due to get the keys they have not issued our cheque and have to wait until next Thursday, which means my solicitor won't get it to the following week. I know its not the end of the world, but they have know about the problem since we emailed them 3 weeks ago and didn't bother to tell us......gutted doesn't even cover it. hopefully my landlord can let me stay another week. Fingers crossed for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PainterGal

Looking for any and all advise here! I've had my paperwork returned by SDCC, claiming my letters of insufficient offers were old, both were from early last year. It doesn't say anywhere that the letters should be within a time frame does it?
    Also, I put down I was looking for the maximum, Eur288,000 and they've said that that was too high. They didn't indicate WHAT would be a number for consideration.
    Has anyone had any dealing with SDCC that could steer me in the right direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

PainterGal wrote: »
    Looking for any and all advise here! I've had my paperwork returned by SDCC, claiming my letters of insufficient offers were old, both were from early last year. It doesn't say anywhere that the letters should be within a time frame does it?
    Also, I put down I was looking for the maximum, Eur288,000 and they've said that that was too high. They didn't indicate WHAT would be a number for consideration.
    Has anyone had any dealing with SDCC that could steer me in the right direction?

It states on the website that the insufficient offer documentation should be within 4 weeks of the application date.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Ukelele! wrote: »
    Clare Coco 🙄 they've been extremely helpful, but it seems it's their solicitor that's busy and I'm just not a priority maybe.

Has anyone actually drawn down for 2019 yet?

I found Clare co co to be good but it is very slow plus their solicitors can slow it further!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭VW08

PainterGal wrote: »

The online rebuilding Ireland calculator will tell you how much you can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭DamoNolan

Hi all

I have gone sale agreed on a house and am just waiting for the sale agreed pack to be sent out.I am with Fingal coco does anybody know what information they look for in this pack as i've read every council seems to be looking for different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 harmarsuperstar

I assume the caps on this scheme is pretty strict right? We've been outbid on a place but I think a bid of €255k would bring it home for us but we can't make that bid under the rules.

Is it possible to make side deals, like say €5k for contents? Is that something that happens in ordinary property sales?

I assume the caps on this scheme is pretty strict right? We've been outbid on a place but I think a bid of €255k would bring it home for us but we can't make that bid under the rules.

Is it possible to make side deals, like say €5k for contents? Is that something that happens in ordinary property sales?

You can bid 255k if you want, but you won't get any extra of a mortgage.
    They will only give you 90% of the value up to the max limit.
    Hope this makes sense.

You can bid 255k if you want, but you won't get any extra of a mortgage.
    They will only give you 90% of the value up to the max limit.
    Hope this makes sense.

Unfortunately I don't think that is correct, my understanding was that the value of the property was capped at €250k (€320k in Dublin and certain other countries) under the scheme, irrespective of how much finance you can provide yourself.

Unfortunately I don't think that is correct, my understanding was that the value of the property was capped at €250k (€320k in Dublin and certain other countries) under the scheme, irrespective of how much finance you can provide yourself.

Perhaps im wrong, I took it to mean the max mortgage you could get was 90% of the 250k or the 320k.
    You should contact Rebuilding Ireland to make sure, wouldn't want you missing out on the house if possible.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Maximum market values of the property that can be purchased or self-built are:

€320,000 in the counties Cork, Dublin, Galway, Kildare, Louth, Meath and Wicklow, and
    €250,000 in the rest of the country.

http://rebuildingirelandhomeloan.ie/calculator/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 BelleO

Has anyone had any issues going sale agreed on a property because sellers/agents don’t feel secure with the Rebuilding Ireland scheme?

We were approved in January & recently made an offer on a property. We were highest offer but seller accepted a lower offer from a first time buyer who was bank approved as they didn’t know enough about the Rebuilding Ireland process and the time line in terms of how quickly they could close the deal. The agent didn’t know much about it either & couldn’t get much info from the council. I got all the information I could in terms of the process and gave it to the agent but there was no clear time line. The sellers solicitor advised them to go with bank approved offer.
    So frustrating as this is supposed to help first time buyers and improve the housing crisis yet sellers/agents don’t seem to have any faith in the scheme.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Merged with the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan Thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Maryvind

Has anyone been approved since it was announced in the media that funding had run out? We are waiting to hear back... very long stressful wait

Maryvind wrote: »
    Has anyone been approved since it was announced in the media that funding had run out? We are waiting to hear back... very long stressful wait

Yeah we did. I think it depends on the individual council and if they have used all their funding or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

BelleO wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues going sale agreed on a property because sellers/agents don’t feel secure with the Rebuilding Ireland scheme?

We were approved in January & recently made an offer on a property. We were highest offer but seller accepted a lower offer from a first time buyer who was bank approved as they didn’t know enough about the Rebuilding Ireland process and the time line in terms of how quickly they could close the deal. The agent didn’t know much about it either & couldn’t get much info from the council. I got all the information I could in terms of the process and gave it to the agent but there was no clear time line. The sellers solicitor advised them to go with bank approved offer.
    So frustrating as this is supposed to help first time buyers and improve the housing crisis yet sellers/agents don’t seem to have any faith in the scheme.

Can I ask what CoCo you are with?That's really upsetting after getting approved. I would have thought a loan from a county council was viewed as a secure thing though I know with public services that urgency is not their forte.
    I've been approved too and it's disheartning to hear that might go against you.

I was sale agreed a month and a half ago and the seller/agent had no problem with it being a mortgage from the council.
    They just went with the highest offer.
    Heading in tomorrow to solicitor to sign all contracts and will be requesting money then.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭swarmberg

I was sale agreed a month and a half ago and the seller/agent had no problem with it being a mortgage from the council.
    Heading in tomorrow to solicitor to sign all contracts and will be requesting money then.

In fairness that was before it was all over the media that the scheme was out of money etc. If I was selling and read the comments from the government I wouldn't be that keen on accepting a bid either given they still haven't clarified if there will be more funds for new applicants and what is the story going forward.

swarmberg wrote: »
    In fairness that was before it was all over the media that the scheme was out of money etc. If I was selling and read the comments from the government I wouldn't be that keen on accepting a bid either given they still haven't clarified if there will be more funds for new applicants and what is the story going forward.

Thats true, it only really came out after I was sale agreed, although it was known in Kildare from last November.

Can I ask what CoCo you are with?That's really upsetting after getting approved. I would have thought a loan from a county council was viewed as a secure thing though I know with public services that urgency is not their forte.
    I've been approved too and it's disheartning to hear that might go against you.
    We are approved with Fingal CoCo. Agent seemed happy with our proof of mortgage initially but wanted more information on the process and a rough time frame as the sellers were keen to close the sale. Fingal couldn’t provide me with much information other than it was a very similar process to the banks and generally takes 4-8 weeks. Agent just said the sellers weren’t confident that it would be as quick a process as the banks and therefore accepted a lower offer. Perhaps it was a once off with this particular seller but very disheartening if a bank approved mortgage is seen as the safer option. I really think the government should be providing agents with more information about the process and indeed agents should be researching the whole scheme to reassure their clients that it’s a safe option.

That’s reassuring to know, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Quinnciara

BelleO wrote: »

I've had agency's definately suddenly come uninterested and unresponsive after I had told them it was the rebuild ireland mortgage, they new very little about it and just kept calling it a 'council mortgage then I've had agents be nothing but helpful. One in particular actually told me not to mention when viewing a property that it's this scheme because agents look at it as lengthy. But i am sale agreed and my estate agent and others were more than helpful. There's more helpful ones than unhelpful.

Quinnciara wrote: »
    I've had agency's definately suddenly come uninterested and unresponsive after I had told them it was the rebuild ireland mortgage, they new very little about it and just kept calling it a 'council mortgage then I've had agents be nothing but helpful. One in particular actually told me not to mention when viewing a property that it's this scheme because agents look at it as lengthy. But i am sale agreed and my estate agent and others were more than helpful. There's more helpful ones than unhelpful.
    It’s great you got sorted in the end. Yes, I worry that this is just the beginning of agents and sellers not wanting to accept an offer with this scheme. I imagine the recent news coverage on it isn’t helping their confidence in it. It Really doesn’t make sense considering this is supposed to help the housing crisis and give 1st time buyers a fair chance at buying a home. Hopefully we won’t come across this again and different agents will be helpful & supportive of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 delboy08

if this is the case then dont be afraid to name and shame them on this. the agents are having it all good now but that can come to a halt anytime. I just think your best off saying nothing about having a RBI loan.

• Advertisement

delboy08 wrote: »
    if this is the case then dont be afraid to name and shame them on this. the agents are having it all good now but that can come to a halt anytime. I just think your best off saying nothing about having a RBI loan.
    Agent passed it off that it was the owners decision. Generally when you make an offer, the agent will ask for proof of mortgage approval so it’s quite difficult to conceal where tour mortgage is from.

Advertisement