Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Metric and imperial Allen key and Torx set

Options
  • 19-03-2019 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations for a little but comprehensive Allen key and Torx set in both Imperial and metric? It seems like I’m always stuck for something when opening scope mounts or removing a stock etc. Just looking for something compact like a screwdriver with changeable bits in a nice little case to keep in a range bag

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

Kran wrote: »
    Anyone have any recommendations for a little but comprehensive Allen key and Torx set in both Imperial and metric? It seems like I’m always stuck for something when opening scope mounts or removing a stock etc. Just looking for something compact like a screwdriver with changeable bits in a nice little case to keep in a range bag

The imperial keys would be the hardest part but a right size torx would fit in lovely.

I have an older version of this set.. add a quarter inch drive and its a dinger.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Würth-Universal-Tool-Set-Robust/dp/B00G6DHMEW/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=2Q225MLGBFT44&keywords=wurth+bit+set&qid=1553032982&s=gateway&sprefix=wurth+bit&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭clivej

Woodies have sets. In small yellow plastic box kits, cheap enough
    Check it is the correct kit as there are a couple of different types.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Check out Caulfield Industrial. They have a great selection of tools. I've been using Bondhaus Allen keys in work. Had the same set for years now and they get a hammering.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Czhornet

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Check out Caulfield Industrial. They have a great selection of tools. I've been using Bondhaus Allen keys in work. Had the same set for years now and they get a hammering.

+1 for Caufields, great selection of tools for this kind of work

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I often buy stuff off Caulfields for work, great to deliver too. I was just hoping someone had a recommendation for a kind of all in one screwdriver kit with changeable bits that was kind of gun specific and packaged in a nice neat little case. I’ve loads of different sets of things for work but they are never at hand when you need them. Just wanted something to keep in the range bag at all times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Kran wrote: »
    I often buy stuff off Caulfields for work, great to deliver too. I was just hoping someone had a recommendation for a kind of all in one screwdriver kit with changeable bits that was kind of gun specific and packaged in a nice neat little case. I’ve loads of different sets of things for work but they are never at hand when you need them. Just wanted something to keep in the range bag at all times.

Check out Wurth.the are based in Finglas.They have some excellent little mini sets and top quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭.243

T.e.d in Walkinstown

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭SVI40

safetydirect.ie are good to deal with. Bondhus are the only brand I'd use, they fit perfectly, and are guaranteed for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Advertisement