Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheap Golf Ballz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,396 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

You spelled balls wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

You spelled balls wrong :)

thats just the start of all the wrong things I'll do with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭jamfer

I have used the Decathlon balls and have no issue with them, I will add though that I am new enough to the game and my immediate goals are to finish a full 18 holes with the same ball as I started with and to break 120 shots. I bought a dozen of these to get through the first few months of 2019 as I play to get my handicap and work twords getting to the magical 1 ball per round goal.

I augment brand new balls with lakeballs, and when you are chucking 3 into the water it is best they are cheap as chips and not €5 a go.

They are durable and I'm not long enough at it to discern "feel" but to me if I hit it right it will head off in the general direction of the hole. I have one that feels rough now, I presume it is being cut by the grooves on my clubs, it has played on a good few holes during 3 rounds and not been lost yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Played one of these when the course was very wet and didn't feel like losing a chromesoft from it plugging.

Clicky from irons and putter. Greens were soft so can't say much about spin. Honestly I've played better feeling Top Flites.
    I suppose the plus is its round and it fits in the hole.

I'd splash on something nicer even if you lose a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭newindublin

Still playing vice myself. They have a distance ball that goes for around 1 euro per ball if you are looking for cheap but decent quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Try Seed Golf balls, They do premium end balls to match your Pro Vs etc but they also do a hard ball Seed SD 15 for 10 euro a dozen, it's by mail order only and it's 5 euro delivery so it's best to get a buddy or 2 to order as well and it's still only 5 euro for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Still playing vice myself. They have a distance ball that goes for around 1 euro per ball if you are looking for cheap but decent quality.
    Golfhead65 wrote: »
    Try Seed Golf balls, They do premium end balls to match your Pro Vs etc but they also do a hard ball Seed SD 15 for 10 euro a dozen, it's by mail order only and it's 5 euro delivery so it's best to get a buddy or 2 to order as well and it's still only 5 euro for delivery

I played the top Seed (SD1 ? ) and liked it. Doesn't look soft but definitly feels it and nice around the greens.

Never played Vice but I heard those and Snell have similar balls to seed but they seem to only retail in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

I bought three boxes of these at Christmas as a stocking filler and they sent me three single golf balls by mistake..... They sorted it out in the end.

Advertisement