Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clueless about matching colours.

• 02-03-2019 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

So I am a 25 year old male. I like to try to look good all the time. Therefore, I like to dress well. As, the tital suggests I am mucj at matching colours. I have no idea what colours go with what.

As a base, I wear both blue and black slim fitting/skinny jeans. I wear a pair of black Vans. Then some hoody. I don't put much thought into the top to be honest.

So I am wondering what colours would go well with the above colour jeans. For both formal and casual wear.

Also, suggestions for footwear!

For formal for going out at night I'd also wear the Vans, blue or black jeans and a shirt. I have no idea what I am at to be honest.

Could people suggest for colours of shirts (both plain colours and patterns) that would go with light blue and black jeans. The same also for v-neck jumpers and t-shirts. I am really interested in suggestions as this goes way over my head.

Thanks

J.S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

To be honest, OP, black and blue jeans with black vans is a base for literally everything. So re: colours and stuff I don't know what to tell you if that's all you wear.

I would say though at 25 ideally it's a good time to start playing around with more formal styles etc. There's a good website I always recommend. It's based in the US but it's specially for guys who have left college/ going into their first jobs, so around your age.

Primer Magazine.

Now, a lot of the actual products they recommend might not be readily available over here, but you can see how they put stuff together and construct outfits rather than haphazardly putting items of clothing together.

In particular they have a series call "The Getup" where they pick a scenario (first date at the movies, remote working in a coffee shop, a day at the beach) and put together and outfit for that scenario. It's super helpful I think. You can see them all here.

There's another pretty decent website called Fashionbeans and they're aimed at younger guys like you too, trying to dress a bit better. They have a guide for how to dress in your 20's that you might find useful - it's here. They're also UK based so a lot of the stuff they recommend you'll be able to pick up in the UK high street stores we have here.

Advertisement