Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Old facial piercings that wont close up

• 20-01-2019 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can offer some help?
    When I was a teenager I got my eyebrow and nose pierced, I kept the piercings in for a couple of years, up until my mid twenties when I finally took them out for good. I have no interest in having piercings in my face anymore but there is some scarring where the piercings were and the holes are still open and quite noticeable too. Is there anyway of closing them up and removing the scarring? Maybe treatments that could help?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

The tattoo and piercing forum might be the best place for this!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Thread moved to Tattoos & Piercings.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So far as Ii'm aware, there's no way of making them close up, at least not without surgical intervention!

They generally shrink down quite a lot over time, but if they were fully healed, then chances are the old piercing fistula will remain there, and that's what you're seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Star Lord wrote: »
    chances are the old piercing fistula will remain there, and that's what you're seeing.

I just google image searched piercing fistula and wish I hadnt :(

Theyve been out a good while but arent shrinking, the holes are still there.

I will look into surgical options.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's essentially the tunnel between areas, where when it's fully healed will have skin grown to heal up/close the piercing. Once that's formed fully, the chances of it closing up entirely are gone, and it's just a matter of how much it'll shrink down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement