Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Littering during running events

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

lawred2 wrote: »
    could just tell people to stop acting like scumbags and look after their own waste.

Sure, just tell people not to do it. That always works.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Excuse. Where there's a will there's a way

Yes, it is an excuse. But if you want to get 10,000 half empty bottles of water into bins then you provide more bins over a longer area rather than threaten runners with a DQ for not queuing up at the one bin they bothered to place 50m after handing out the bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

robinph wrote: »
    Yes, it is an excuse. But if you want to get 10,000 half empty bottles of water into bins then you provide more bins over a longer area rather than threaten runners with a DQ for not queuing up at the one bin they bothered to place 50m after handing out the bottles.

I don't know about you, but I've never had a problem finding a bin in any running event, be it a local 1/2 marathon or the DCM. But maybe I just want to find a bin more than I want to find an excuse.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Imagine Kipchogie and Bekele are neck and neck in the Greta Thunburg Marathon, Kipchogie makes a move with 5k to go, the world record is about go by 20 seconds, kipchogie takes his last Maurten Gel and throws away his wrapper, an eagle eyed steward from boards.ie records his number and reports him. He is disqualified and Bekele takes the Win. Well done steward, that will teach him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭plodder

Sure, just tell people not to do it. That always works.
    It's the usual starting point though. Or at least tell them what they should be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Limpy wrote: »
    Imagine Kipchogie and Bekele are neck and neck in the Greta Thunburg Marathon, Kipchogie makes a move with 5k to go, the world record is about go by 20 seconds, kipchogie takes his last Maurten Gel and throws away his wrapper, an eagle eyed steward from boards.ie records his number and reports him. He is disqualified and Bekele takes the Win. Well done steward, that will teach him.

The Greta Thunburg marathon:D:D:D:D

Advertisement