Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor McGregor Arrested for Sexual Assault

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

You're talking tripe lad, Katie held her own with Paddy Barnes on numerous occasions in the pre Olympic high performance camp. Paddy would be the first to admit he wasn't holding back anything and he had a lot easier fights with men at international level. Any of the other lads that were there will tell you the same.

She couldn't burst a grape, did you see the state of Delfine Pearson's face and head after the last fight?

As for your white collar lads knocking her clean out if they landed, the trick is landing the punch not being capable of having a knock out punch. They might look handy up against another lad that did six weeks training but that's not going to cut the mustard against someone who is at home in the ring.

Again lad, your talking about a boxing match, not a fight. She’d probably batter any of us in a boxing match. A fight is completely different, in a fight she might try to get in close to work the body so the bloke can’t swing a ko haymaker, but she’d then have to deal with headbutts, elbows, knees etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Again lad, your talking about a boxing match, not a fight. She’d probably batter any of us in a boxing match. A fight is completely different, in a fight she might try to get in close to work the body so the bloke can’t swing a ko haymaker, but she’d then have to deal with headbutts, elbows, knees etc.

Oh sweet Lord in Heaven, do you have any comprehension at all of the sweet science?

A fight is completely different?

Have you ever even seen two amateur boxers at it up close?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Oh sweet Lord in Heaven, do you have any comprehension at all of the sweet science?

A fight is completely different?

Have you ever even seen two amateur boxers at it up close?

Have you been watching the Rocky box set recently? Isn't Katie Taylor about 8/9 stone? If you could get 'up close' to someone who can box, and who was so much lighter, you would pick them up and bounce them like a basketball

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

you know what , try it

we will all come visit you in hospital

JJayoo wrote: »
    Have you been watching the Rocky box set recently? Isn't Katie Taylor about 8/9 stone? If you could get 'up close' to someone who can box, and who was so much lighter, you would pick them up and bounce them like a basketball

Okey dokey.

We'll leave it there so.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »
    you know what , try it

we will all come visit you in hospital

You gotta love these keyboard warriors.

Not only can they take out world champion boxers with a few nifty street fighting moves they've practiced at home in front of a full length mirror, they know for a fact those same world champions that have come up against every dirty trick in book inside the ring would never dream of doing any of those moves to defend themselves.

One kick in the mebs from Katie the ex international soccer player and the lads would have a nice soft cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

How proficient is the average man with these techniques? Better or worse than the world class athlete with a cool head for combat?

This idea that an untrained shlub has access to all these extra tools than someone with amazing punches seems deeply flawed.

If we want to broaden out the debate and include a female MMA fighter like Cris Cyborg or Amanda Nunes, it becomes even more apparent that there absolutely are women in this world that can mess up a man.

Wrestling does generally beat striking in a one on one if you're quick enough. But the average person doesn't know how to wrestle. I'd like to see an untrained fella try to tackle one of the diminutive kickboxers from thailand, they'd end up unconscious.

How did we get onto this topic anyway? Not complaining, it is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

People also seem to forget how important cardio is in a fight. Most of these guys would gas out just walking up to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I’d batter her

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭CiarraiManc

begbysback wrote: »
    I’d batter her

You couldn't batter a fillet of cod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I imagined this thread might be a farce but "sure I'd beat Katie Taylor in a fight" is certainly up there with the height of nonsense you'd see on Boards.

But people do get that boxing and mma/fighting in general aren't the same?

Flyod danced about Mcgregor for 10 rounds, if it was was mma it wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds.

No one is saying they could out box Katie Taylor, because the reality is you wouldn't be able to get close to her and after 1 minute of blind swinging you would be breathing out your hole and she would knock lumps out of you.

But Katie Taylor also wouldn't last 1 minute with any girl her weight class that has years of wrestling/kickboxing/judo, they would avoid her speciality and put her on her ass.

Like how would khabib get on against Mcgregor in a boxing match? He would get hammered.

Tyson fury is an incredible boxer but he wouldn't last 1 minute with any heavyweight MMA fighter of any caliber, as they would take him down in the first 10 seconds. In a boxing match there isn't an MMA fighter on the planet who would win a round against tyson in the boxing ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Zookey123

Flyod danced about Mcgregor for 10 rounds, if it was was mma it wouldn't have lasted 30 seconds.

No one is saying they could out box Katie Taylor, because the reality is you wouldn't be able to get close to her and after 1 minute of blind swinging you would be breathing out your hole and she would knock lumps out of you.

But Katie Taylor also wouldn't last 1 minute with any girl her weight class that has years of wrestling/kickboxing/judo, they would avoid her speciality and put her on her ass.

Like how would khabib get on against Mcgregor in a boxing match? He would get hammered.

Tyson fury is an incredible boxer but he wouldn't last 1 minute with any heavyweight MMA fighter of any caliber, as they would take him down in the first 10 seconds. In a boxing match there isn't an MMA fighter on the planet who would win a round against tyson in the boxing ring.

Most of the comments are people trying to say an average man can beat Katie in a fight. I would assume its common sense that a person who has trained his or her whole life in one sport would dominate anyone who isnt an expert in that sport i.e. mcgregor vs mayweather. I was shocked to see the amount of people that gave mcgregor a shot of winning that fight. Just shows how good of a salesman he really is (though still very scummy).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You're talking about an high level fighter against Katie Taylor.

Not someone on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

This thread has turned into one of those stupid arguments the nerds used to have in primary school - could Bruce Lee beat Muhammad Ali in a fight? Could the Millennium Falcon beat the Starship Enterprise? Who's faster, Superman or The Flash? Yeah, on Earth maybe Superman would win, but what if they were on a planet with a red sun? :rolleyes:

And to think it started off being about McGregor's cock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

That was neither an mma fight or a boxing match, it was a scam, and people bought it.

Im saying it, id batter her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

This thread has turned into one of those stupid arguments the nerds used to have in primary school - could Bruce Lee beat Muhammad Ali in a fight? Could the Millennium Falcon beat the Starship Enterprise? Who's faster, Superman or The Flash? Yeah, on Earth maybe Superman would win, but what if they were on a planet with a red sun? :rolleyes:

but would your da beat katie taylor's da in one on one street fight to the death?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

hots wrote: »
    but would your da beat katie taylor's da in one on one street fight to the death?

You need to be more specific. Do the they have light sabres or flaming nunchucks in this fight?

these sort of boxing vs mma, men vs women discussions are sort of pointless tbh as they just go around in circles and can't be proved either way no matter how sure one side or the other is

so back on topic - was this just bird who saw McGregor's little finger poking out his fly as he was doing it up and chanced her arm?

seems to be the case with him if he wasn't actually recorded on camera it never goes anywhere!

some might say that I'm not a fan of how McGregor tends to conduct himself, especially when on the substances but there is a guy on youtube who is a real "character". really has it in for him - not sure how sane the chap is - some maniacal laugh on him. has some back catalogue of material.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

joeguevara wrote: »
    The guy in this video would annihilate any bloke with no experience and most with up to mid professional. Just look what happens to him. Literally incapable of getting a shot in.

https://youtu.be/F3FZLTpJREY

Thats clearly fake, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

gmisk wrote: »
    ....er no it is not....that was his sister...

Guess the jokes on me so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

One night in the 90s I was sitting watching the events in front of the local rural late night chipper.
    Two lads start squaring off, very quickly it became apparent that scrappy doo was a skilled pugalist and 6 foot 4 built like a builders mate had relied on his side to win confrontations up to this poing.
    Th absolute battering that scrappy gave matey still plays through my mind from time to time.

Trained man beats untrained man without effort 9 times out of 10
    Mc greggor beats all lads that aren't training against resisting partners every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Ha, can't believe this nonsense is still going on! Haven't been on this thread for a while. Keep it up, it's gas

• Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Vestiapx wrote: »
    .... against resisting partners every time.

I don't think you can say those things on here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Reminds me of Ricky Gervais character Derek going on his who would win between tangents best one was who would win between aids and rabies

https://youtu.be/p25MA17bBQs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Khabib destroyed McTapper in stand up and on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Khabib destroyed McTapper in stand up and on the ground.

Because MMA isn't boxing , the rust of takedowns is why many wrestlers can fake a level change and then follow with overhand right. Take away takedowns and it's a very different fight. Not that I'm saying id be in any way confident of Conor winning I just think he could have if he still had the focus he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,155 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

begbysback wrote: »
    That was neither an mma fight or a boxing match, it was a scam, and people bought it.

Im saying it, id batter her.

Username checks out

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

I've got a right hand like a locomotive.

• Advertisement

In straight standup it would be a very one sided fight, Khabib doesn't have good standup....but guys with good standup can't show it as they are constantly watching for the takedown

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement